“Absolutely amazing!!”

Ranked #22 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Absolutely amazing!!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed for the first time at this hotel and I LOVED everything about it! I love the elegance, the location, and the staff was great. If I could live there I would, we would definitely stay again. The bar was also great! The staff was right there to assist you, especially with the valet. Our room was great and very clean.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
DE
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, nice bar/restaurant, and perfect location. The fitness facilities are not bad for a hotel either but it's only a few blocks to the river and you can run for miles along the path. I stayed for a conference. The facilities were adequate. It was nice to be able to walk along Newbury street during lunch and shop.

• Stayed May 2013
Lake Tahoe (Nevada), Nevada
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

I have to start out with: when you read a reveiw especially negative like the two that were entered on the 12 and 14th of may my someone who has issues with pronouncing Copley and other general issues like my goodness I need to open the door when I enter the building.
Or perhaps the poor poor girl who as she puts it " I almost broke my tooth on the bacon"

You have to realize that some people are as I would put it probably complain about everything.

No I don't work for the Hotel and yes I travel about 125 days a year North America.

I was here the same week these two wonderful people wrote their reviews and disagree with them wholeheartedly.

I was here for 5 days and had appointments all week coming in and out of the hotel a lot and if their was someone at the door
It was always yes always opened for me and anyone else I was with so maybe that person with the door issues was walking in a side door? With no service? Or maybe even a service door ha ha.

I have eaten here a lot as well and fund the breakfast and other food to be very good so the bacon lady needs to eat Ham.

Anyway enough of my complaining

The hotels service from front door people to the bartenders were excellent and kept track of you.when you came in the next day they would say something that you knew they paid attention to what you may have had to drink the day before or even a conversation. I was very impressed with the staff.

The standard rooms are going to be smaller and remember if you want to stay downtown it cost more.
I paid and extra 100 bucks and had a jr suite on the gold floor which was excellent.
Our housekeeper was perfect she always stayed true with the finest detail. My brother who was in another room commented on the great housekeeping as well.

Club or golds room was stellar from Allison to the guy who was always asking about the day before remembering details In our day. Yes it's 300-400 a night so if you aren't used to the higher end hotel cost you need to plan for those extra expenses like tipping from the front door to concierge service and yes even the maid.

My rating of the bed was very good
Pillows were down and very soft in which I enjoyed
Rooms have been remodeled so everything is updated

shampoos and soaps were LE Labo Rose 31 from New York which were excellent and 3 oz bottles replaced daily if you want

The only negative would be the lotion.my wife said I smelled like flowers when I used it so guys don't use the lotion

Why stay here? Across the street from excellent restaurants,Hotel is very Good,the Boston marathon Memorial across the street as well. I also like historic buildings this one is 1912 and the lobby is drop dead gorgeous

Why Not? If you are looking at saving money the Westin is a little cheaper 30-70 but has no Amenities like the club lounge
And lacks the style that the Fairmont has.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Steven N
Jennifer Z, Internet Marketing Coordinator at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Hello Steven, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others here on TripAdvisor. I’m so thrilled to hear that you and your wife enjoyed our hotel. If the only negative from your visit was smelling like flowers, well, we must be doing something right! Again, we appreciate your comments and hope to welcome you back again soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed at the Fairmont recently for a family gathering. It is very stately and elegant. There is crown molding and gold painted trim. The floors just sparkle. We stayed on the Gold Floor concierge level. LOVED it. From the moment you arrive, they treat you like something special. There was a common area with a full kitchen, sitting room, and a room with books, board games, and fireplace. Cozy! In the evenings, there was a violinist playing by the fireplace. Delicious canapés, crudités, etc were layed out as well as wine, beer, champagne, cocktails, juice, soda, bottled water. In the morning, a delicious array of breakfast items were there to enjoy. The beds were super comfortable and room service food was just as good as if it were served downstairs in the restaurant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Westchester County, NY
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The Fairmont Copley Plaza is a lovely, ornate property, very Edwardian, very "Mr. Selfridge" with a great location right on Copley Square (which the locals pronounce "cop-lee vs. "cope-lee", which I mistakenly would do). I booked a double room for myself and my children through their triple upgrade promotion. I'm not sure if we are actually bumped up two categories or more - the property has so many room categories it's extremely confusing. But the room was newly renovated (as are all according to the gentleman at check-in), large and overlooked Copley Square. I was hoping the upgrade would get 2 queen beds vs. 2 doubles but apparently not. The room was clean and comfortable, done in a modern traditional/transitional style, with plenty of original molding, lovely hardware and marble decorative fireplace. There were a couple of hairs in the vintage bathtub, so that is the one of the factors taking my rating down from 4 to 3.

We did not have access to the Gold level, so I cannot speak to how sumptuous it was. The staff was fairly friendly but not overly so. Many times my children and I came to the entrance and no one made any effort to open doors for us. That was a disappointment. I was looking forward to the great feeling of warmth and being attended to that you can get lovely, older establishments. We did not find that here.

This is the other reason the rating was dropped from a 4 to 3. Given the option my rating is really more like 3.5. Maybe I'm being picky, but the property simply failed to meet my expectation and I only like to stay at properties rated 4 or better. The location is fantastic, but I will try somewhere else for my next visit to Boston.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank denany
Baton Rouge
Reviewed May 9, 2013

From our arrival at the hotel, we felt it was the best choice. Location was important, and the staff made our visit completely satisfying. Looking back, we made the right decision. We were able to take advantage of the conciege floor services and perks, to our advantage. Since this was a pleasure trip, we would start our day with an outstanding breakfast. Then after spending the day touring, we would enjoy the evening snacks made available on the conciege floor. They offered variety and were very satisfying. The staff was above and beyond when we needed some assistance with our plans, when we did eat out and for visiting sights; the location allowed us to take full advantage of the MBTA. The people at the Fairmont truly represent the hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JohnBR_13
Owasso, Oklahoma, United States
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed at the Fairmont last weekend and had a wonderful experience. The staff was exceptional and the hotel is very pet friendly. The Hotel is located directly across from the Marathon Memorial which allows easy access. The hotel resteraunt and bar is lively and a good spot to grab an end of day cocktail. Overall the hotel is outstanding!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple