“Outstanding 5 Days”

Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston
Ranked #18 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 9, 2013

From our arrival at the hotel, we felt it was the best choice. Location was important, and the staff made our visit completely satisfying. Looking back, we made the right decision. We were able to take advantage of the conciege floor services and perks, to our advantage. Since this was a pleasure trip, we would start our day with an outstanding breakfast. Then after spending the day touring, we would enjoy the evening snacks made available on the conciege floor. They offered variety and were very satisfying. The staff was above and beyond when we needed some assistance with our plans, when we did eat out and for visiting sights; the location allowed us to take full advantage of the MBTA. The people at the Fairmont truly represent the hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JohnBR_13
Write a ReviewReviews (3,341)

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed at the Fairmont last weekend and had a wonderful experience. The staff was exceptional and the hotel is very pet friendly. The Hotel is located directly across from the Marathon Memorial which allows easy access. The hotel resteraunt and bar is lively and a good spot to grab an end of day cocktail. Overall the hotel is outstanding!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mitch M
Reviewed May 7, 2013

What an amazing property. I had a suite that was twice the size of most NY apartments, wonderfully appointed (especially liked the reading lamps installed on either side of the bed). And the staff couldn't have been more accommodating. Whether it was the bellmen (holding the door for you), housekeeping (explaining to me how to use the Nespresso coffee maker) or the concierge (helpful tips on navigating the Freedom Trail), my stay was heavenly. And for those of you who like to work out, they have a super health club on site, complete with complimentary fruit and chilled face towels! I've never had a bad experience at a Fairmont, but this one is a jewel in their crown of excellence.

One wistful note: My room had a view of Copley Plaza, which is still the site of CNN broadcasts about the Boston Marathon bombings. There's a memorial on the Plaza, which is packed with visitors during the day--a sober reminder that hotel conveniences, no matter how grand, pale in importance to things like life and health.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bfromlosangeles
Jennifer Z, Internet Marketing Coordinator at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Hello, and thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us! In particular, I look forward to sharing your comments with our Front Office and Housekeeping colleagues, as I’m sure they’ll appreciate the praise. Thank you, again, for your post and I hope we’ll get to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed in a couple of Fairmont's and they have been great but alas i'm writing another negative review.

Good points: the hotel is aesthetically pleasing, traditional and grand, with some refurbishments to the rooms.

The rooms however are small!!! I for a hotel of this reputation and cost?? i was shocked.

The hotel staff come across as fake polite, I did not feel welcome in the slightest.

Breakfast was extortionate and poor quality i nearly lost a tooth on the bacon.

I was sooo looking forward to staying in a US Fairmont and sadly soo disappointed!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BusyBeeEssex
Reviewed May 2, 2013

When you step in the Copley Plaza, you feel like you have entered into one of those Hotels like you see in the movies where people greet you and make you feel welcomed. There is even a resident black lab "Catie Copley" to add to the charm. The beautiful historical building with all its charm, glamour and character is beautiful and grandiose without feeling "stuffy". The employees seem to love working there and it shows in the way we were treated.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2013

You get a better measure of a hotel when you stay there more than a couple nights, as I did in this lovely grande dame. First and foremost, the people working here are very welcoming, from the valets to the doormen to the front desk to my exceptionally nice and hard-working sixth floor maid. I'm one of these people who only likes his room cleaned every three days or so on longer stays. But when I did need something, she was nearby and always willing to help. The room was very nice. Very speedy internet. Absolutely perfect Back Bay location. The pricing is high for food, especially room service: what you'd expect for an upscale big-city hotel. But there are numerous options around. For cost-conscious wine lovers like me, there's a Shaw's supermarket two blocks away with an excellent selection.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bagnato1

Hello, and thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. I’m so pleased to hear that you found our staff especially welcoming and helpful during your visit. I’ll be sure to share your comments with the Housekeeping team, as I’m sure they’d appreciate your praise! Thank you, again, for your post and I hope we’ll get to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

If you're staying at the Copley Plaza, be sure to stay on the concierge floor. There you will find your own living rooms, a fireplace with sofas, tables to sit around and enjoy your complimentary hor d'ouevres or breakfast, a library room, a breakfast room. The complimentary foods are outstanding. Hot and cold appetizers, nice cheeses, and an honor bar. So you can, if you like, just get yourself a drink and go sit by the fire. I've gone there twice on "girls weekend out" and we have loved it. You're in walking distance of the beautiful splendor of the Trinity Church, and trendy Copley Square and Newbury Street. I just love it there. It's such an historic piece of Boston. The bar and restaurant on the first floor are also wonderful. If you want to spend some time in Boston, this is the place. Also a nice option if you live in the suburbs of Boston, as I do, you can go in for a weekend at Christmas and enjoy some of the wonderful Boston Christmas events, do a little shopping and unwind in style.

Room Tip: Choose the concierge floor and try to get it facing the Trinity Church and Copley Square.