“WOnderful Hotel”

Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston
Ranked #19 of 86 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice lovely majestic hotel that takes you back to 1900's with its grand majestic lobby but restyled with modern 21st century look. As soon as you enter you are welcome by royal dog named Catie Copley which makes this hotel a unique to have dog as its brand ambassador.

Room size is decent in compare to Boston hotel room, Oak Bar and Grill is amazing- I tried everything on there breakfast menu from Muffins to eggs to pan cakes to fresh smoothie. Amanda at the bar was courteous, efficient and welcome.

Location- Hotel is walking distance to everything in Back Bay and quick T ride to nearby surroundings, ask hotel concierge for directions and they will help. Right opposite to Copley mall which will make it heavens for shoppers:)

Cons- If you are running out of time for breakfast please go at least 40 minutes early, they take for ever to serve even if they are slow, not sure why. I was annoyed that they didn't have ESPN, couldn't watch my beloved CELTICS which was disappointing as hotel didn't have sports channel and nobody could gave me any right logic. Its hard to believe that in city of Boston we dont get ESPN.

Overall a great place, will definitely recommend but if you are sports buff please make sure to ask that all channels work:)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank vikrammalhotra79
Write a ReviewReviews (3,341)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here on a getaway with my partner. Used some of my FPC coupons/rewards to upgrade to a suite and get one night free...so basically we stayed in a $600/night suite for about $150/night--a very good deal.
We were in a corner suite (523) with a view of Copley Square, the Library and Trinity Church. The hotel also gifted us champagne and chocolate strawberries, so we had no complaints. The rooms have been recently remodeled and are luxurious (albeit a bit austere) in shades of gray and plum. My lone complaint? The bathroom was redone in beautiful marble (with a spectacular shower) but the floors were frigidly cold to walk on most of the time. We put down towels to shelter our feet, but I have to credit the housekeepers who noticed this and put down mats for us on the second day without us having to ask--now that is responsiveness! I loved this classic property and look back to staying again...now I just have to rack up the needed points and coupons...

Room Tip: Corner Suites have four windows and great views of Copley Square; the "interior/courtyard"...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NYUCanadian
Reviewed February 24, 2013

A beautiful property with an outstanding staff. It's more expensive than many other Boston hotels- but you get what you pay for. It is centrally located to the historic site, shopping, the theater district and Chinatown.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We had an excellent stay at the Fairmont and Jenni in the concierge went above and beyond in making our stay at the Fairmont Copely one of our best ever. All of our tours, tickets to the Boston Celtics game and transportation were all taken care of with extreme detail. We are sophisticated travelers and are not easily impressed, but the Fairmont Copely did it!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank EdMarine
Jennifer Z, Internet Marketing Coordinator at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Hello, and thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay us! Sounds like Jenni and our team on Fairmont Gold took excellent care of you. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stayed here for a long weekend in the middle of winter. The hotel is quite fancy with all of its detailed molding and decorative ornaments. I felt like I was transported back into a period movie, something like the upcoming Gatsby movie. Anyways, checking in with front desk was easy and quick. We arrived right at 3:05. Check in time begins at 3PM. The room was ready with no hiccups. The room was nicely decorated with updated furniture and linens. The bathroom had a nice waterfall shower head. Concierge scored us a last minute dinner reservation at the famous B&G Oysters.The hotel is located right next to the train station, so this was very convenient for someone getting off of the Amtrak. The hotel is a five minute walk to Newbury St where you can do all of your shopping in Boston.

With all of the positive notes, the negatives I have include the following: no free wifi in the entire hotel, no free daily bottled water, and the gym does not have a sauna or steam room. Considering the high-end price and reputation of the hotel brand, I would recommend the hotel offer those missing amenities. Either way, it was a pleasant stay. I would definitely stay here again. Just make sure to buy your own water bottles at the local CVS for $1.50 as opposed to getting charged $7 for drinking the one in your room.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Toan N
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Recently spent 3 nights at the Copley Plaza while attending a conference at Hynes Convention Center. It is very close BUT is not one of the hotels directly connected to the Convention Center complex so it was less busy and a safe haven from the constant interactions. The hotel is in a fantastic part of town. However - in bad weather it does require you to brave the elements. We stayed on the Gold (concierge) Floor. The breakfast and happy hours are fantastic and again save you the hassle of having to venture out foraging for food. The environment of the common space is very pleasant, like a well appointed apartment. And there is part of the rub - the "kitchen" where the food and beverages are presented is like a typical kitchen in an urban apartment - dysfunctional. Everything seemed crammed into corners. One coffee pot and lots of people. Unopenend bottles of wine - so someone was always struggling with wine opener. Tiny plates - forcing everyone to make multiple trips adding to congestion. Food spilling and dropping because of the jostling. We were there on a weekend and the mix of conference/business travelers with families is not always a good one. a certain competitive drive for space, food, etc takes over. Not quite as relaxing as one expects. The food could have been placed out in the main rooms and perhaps the easier access would make guests feel less anxious about "getting" theirs. But all in all the rooms were serviceable and quiet. The staff cheerful and helpful. And all in all I would say the Gold upgrade worth the price. Have stayed here before and would again.

Room Tip: we had an interior hallway room, no view but VERY quiet. and because the hotel is overheated it was...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My family and I had a wonderful stay at the Fairmont Copley Plaza this weekend. We had adjoining rooms - my husband I and I had a king room and our children had a room with two queens. Both were very spacious and nicely decorated. I felt that the rate was quite reasonable for the rooms especially considering just how luxurious the hotel is. For instance I priced the Hilton on Soldier's Field Rd that we had stayed at before and found pretty run of the mill and it was the same price per room as this beautiful, historic and classy hotel. The Oak Long Bar Restaurant right downstairs is a very cool mix of beautiful and hip and the food was great. The dog is very cute and quite soft!

In the past year we've been to the Fairmonts in Ottawa, New York, Toronto, and Boston. I have been impressed with the consistency of service we experienced and the individual beauty of each hotel. The staff of this hotel was extremely friendly, professional, and totally competent. Our conclusion is that if there's a Fairmont, it's going to be a really nice stay. We plan to check out the Fairmont in San Francisco next!

Room Tip: If you travel frequently, consider joining the President's Club. It's free and there are re...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Catherine R

Hi Catherine, it’s so great to hear that you and your family had a wonderful time with us in Boston! I’m glad you enjoyed the history of our hotel, your guestrooms, and your dining experience in OAK. I’m also pleased to hear that you are a regular guest of Fairmont Hotels – Sounds like you've had the opportunity to visit some of the very best! I hope you enjoy your stay in San Francisco and perhaps you’ll find yourself in Boston again soon! Thank you for your comments.