“Great hotel, great hotel group”

Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston
Ranked #19 of 85 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My family and I had a wonderful stay at the Fairmont Copley Plaza this weekend. We had adjoining rooms - my husband I and I had a king room and our children had a room with two queens. Both were very spacious and nicely decorated. I felt that the rate was quite reasonable for the rooms especially considering just how luxurious the hotel is. For instance I priced the Hilton on Soldier's Field Rd that we had stayed at before and found pretty run of the mill and it was the same price per room as this beautiful, historic and classy hotel. The Oak Long Bar Restaurant right downstairs is a very cool mix of beautiful and hip and the food was great. The dog is very cute and quite soft!

In the past year we've been to the Fairmonts in Ottawa, New York, Toronto, and Boston. I have been impressed with the consistency of service we experienced and the individual beauty of each hotel. The staff of this hotel was extremely friendly, professional, and totally competent. Our conclusion is that if there's a Fairmont, it's going to be a really nice stay. We plan to check out the Fairmont in San Francisco next!

Room Tip: If you travel frequently, consider joining the President's Club. It's free and there are re...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Catherine R
Jennifer Z, Internet Marketing Coordinator at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Hi Catherine, it’s so great to hear that you and your family had a wonderful time with us in Boston! I’m glad you enjoyed the history of our hotel, your guestrooms, and your dining experience in OAK. I’m also pleased to hear that you are a regular guest of Fairmont Hotels – Sounds like you've had the opportunity to visit some of the very best! I hope you enjoy your stay in San Francisco and perhaps you’ll find yourself in Boston again soon! Thank you for your comments.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,308)

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Lovely weekend at the Fairmont Copley. Great location, nice reasonable sized and updated room. Love that they have a friendly dog on property that you can walk if you are so inclined. Overall we were very pleased with our stay.

Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 17, 2013

She's a grand old lady. But she ain't great.

Our Gold floor room had a full/queen size bed and that really characterises the room. Small, but pretty. Don't bring a cat to swing in the bathroom though. I here the constant crashing of things as make-up or other items crash to the floor because there is no space around the sink.

The staff were pleasant, but the gold lounge had a buffet breakfast that was lack lustre to say the least. I have seen better at a Hilton Garden Inn. The quality and selection OK, but on two days running the muffins were stale. Not a little stale but completely stale.

The Oak room is VERY SLOW on the food delivery side although the taste was good.

Will try somewhere else next time. Don't feel a need to come back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Hi Ian, thank you for sharing these comments regarding your recent stay. I’m disappointed to hear that we did not exceed your expectations, but we do appreciate your feedback on how we could be better. The complimentary breakfast available on Fairmont Gold is created with locally-sourced ingredients by our talented culinary team – We strive to offer our guests a top-quality buffet and I’m sorry to hear we fell short. As for service in the restaurant, I do apologize for any delays you may have experienced. Evenings are especially busy there, but I’m glad to hear that you did enjoy your meal. Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

If you like tradition, this hotel will suit you. Grand lobby, friendly service at check in. Traditional but updated room. Junior suite was really only the size of a large room split into two, but was comfortable. Nice bedding. Bathroom has a victorian feel to it, appropriate for the overall decor. Only drawback, which is typical of hotels in this category, is that the room service breakfast is overpriced.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for one facing inside courtyard. No view as a result, but for a busine...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed here a few years ago, and I'd love to go back! It is packed with old world charm and gracious atmosphere! Close to everything....library, Fenway Park, Trinity Church, museums, the symphony and Newbury Street. It is a bit expensive but do it and treat yourself!!!

Room Tip: Nice to have a view of the Copley Square and library! Go inside the library to see the murals!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I are local, but decided to spend a night at The Fairmont Copley Plaza for a quick get-away.

The property was really nice. The staff were very friendly, and went out of their way to ensure that our needs were met. The room was very well maintained - I noticed a higher level of attention paid than many other hotels I've stayed at in the recent past.

We enjoyed the fact that the hotel had a classic feel - as much as updates have been made, you can sense the age of the hotel as you walk through the halls and around the building.

We would definitely stay there again if a local get-away is in order!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank sierratango1

Hello, and thanks for sharing your feedback with us on your recent staycation! It’s especially great to hear from a fellow Bostonian as our hotel is certainly one of the city’s treasured, historic landmarks. I’m thrilled that you and your wife enjoyed your time with us and I hope we’ll get to welcome you back soon. Thanks again for your comments!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Another great stay at a Fairmont. The Fairmont at Copley Square was an excellent location for us. The restaurants we ate we're all within walking distance. We were upgraded to a nice suite which made our stay even more comfortable. All the staff was extremely helpful and Joe, the concierge out did himself with his restaurant selections for us. Thank you for a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Request a suite if available
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple