3,603 results
All reviewsgold flooroak barblack labhotel dogresident dogbeautiful hoteltrinity churchhonor barbeautiful lobbynewbury streetthe location is perfectvalet parkingfreedom trailfenway parkcopleylabsconcierge
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was our third stay since September 2012 and are amazed by how the staff really make you feel at home. Renovations are amazing we always get a nice room lots of space and luxury amenities. Great Great location close to shops and lots of restaurants. See you in March

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is a seriously amazing hotel.
I attended a conference there for a weekend, and brought my husband and 2 year old daughter along. We paid a little bit extra for a 'Signature' room because I wanted her to be able to have some extra space to run around in the room.

The service, the sumptuous beauty of every detail and corner, the comfort of the beds, the kind of lotion in the rooms - everything was just remarkable.

On previous trips, we've stayed at the Westin, the W, the Intercontinental - all great hotels. This one is absolutely the one we will stay in from now on.

Lastly, you couldn't pick a better location. It's close to literally everything.
There are great restaurants nearby. Also a grocery store, CVS, etc - nice to have those practicalities nearby, esp if you're me and suddenly need contant lens solution at 11pm !

Some people have commented on the small size of the standard rooms. We did peak into one and agreed that for our needs, we would have felt it was a little small. The Signature room wasn't that much more - so ask about that type of room....and enjoy!

Room Tip: Signature rooms that face the courtyard a little bit bigger than the Signature rooms that face Copley Square...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Jennifer Z, Internet Marketing Coordinator at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Hello, and thank you for sharing your comments with us here on TripAdvisor. It sounds like you had a lovely weekend with your husband and daughter – It’s nice to hear that you were able to enjoy family time while also attending your conference. I’m also happy to hear that our central location was so convenient for you, especially when a quick CVS run was necessary! Thank you again for your post, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Boston.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

It had been a few years since we'd stayed here and were amazed at the beautiful renovations done for the 100th anniversary in 2012. The Copley Plaza is in a great location, with wonderful walks and shopping all around. The room was large and very tasteful. As always, great Fairmont bed! Service was superb in all respects. I would agree with another reviewer that the bar is so popular that it's not particularly relaxing. The concierge can suggest dozens of great restaurants within walking distance. Wonderful new fitness center.
The Copley will continue to be our go-to hotel in Boston!

Room Tip: Sixth floor facing Copley Plaza provides excellent rooms with great view.
Reviewed January 14, 2013

If first impressions were everything this place would be a five star, but they aren't, and it isn't. The grandeur of the lobby was impressive, the service efficient and courteous, but not really welcoming. The room was finished well (big screen TV, marble floors etc) but was more of the size I expect in Florence or Paris, not downtown Boston. The TV was actually impossible to see from bed as it was next to the bed, all down to the room size and closet positioning. Further issues included a lack of hot water without running taps for 15 minues (somethig the maintenance guy could have simply told us, if he wasnt so embarrassed) a bleeping elevator that makes a distant and groing beep all through the night if your room is anywhere near the elevator lobby. I actually complained about the room size (very politely) and was informed (very politely) that it was an uprade room! If their 'moderate' rooms are smaller or less well equipped I wouldn't be very happy at all. Location is great, lobby amazing, but the bar is full of very pretentious folk fighting for a massive leather chair (it was packed at 6pm on a Friday), and rooms were a let down. OK, but not somewhere I will be rushing back to for $300 a night. Oh Cate, the hotel dog, was really cute, and seemed to sleep in the lobby a bit better than my wife or I did in our room.

Room Tip: Don't get one near the elevators - the bleeping carries for miles and it is all you can hear at night...
1  Thank goodjudge
Jennifer Z, Internet Marketing Coordinator at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. I’m very sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your guestroom, despite being pleased with our hotel’s service and central location. Though I’m disappointed that you felt your stay was less than exemplary, I do hope you’ll consider giving us another chance to “wow” you on your next visit to Boston! Thank you, again, for your comments.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I made 4 trips to Boston in a two month span of time. (Not my typical travel schedule). For my "Fairmont Trip" I took my teenage daughter for a fun weekend getaway. We had a great time shopping and sight-seeing. We flew in to Boston on the red-eye and got to the Fairmont well before check-in time. The staff were friendly and kept our luggage and took it to the room for us when it was ready, while we got started shopping. We were very pleased when we returned to a beautiful room. I had seen the pictures of the rooms on TripAdvisor and worried that the color scheme would make the room feel cold and stiff. Not at all! The colors were nice and luxurious and the textures of the fabrics soften the gray/silver tones. We loved the two sinks in the all-marble bathroom, the comfortable beds and view of the hotel and Trinity Church reflecting in the Hancock Tower. Between the great room, bathrobes and our jet lag we had to force ourselves back out for dinner.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer Z, Internet Marketing Coordinator at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Hello, and thank you for post! It’s great to hear that we were able to help you and your daughter enjoy a fun girls’ weekend together in Boston. I’m so pleased that you found your room to be comfortable and luxurious, and I look forward to sharing your feedback with my hotel colleagues. Thank you, again, for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor – and I hope you and your daughter will return on your next Boston getaway!