“Always treated so nice!”

Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston
Ranked #21 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Always treated so nice!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The hotel is very well located. The staff is very nice! We had the pleasure of dining at the Oak Room and had a very nice experience. The waiter was very entertaining! The hotel is very clean and the decor is very old world elegant!

1 Thank Dina D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We spent the 31st here and were treated like royalty. The location is ideal as they are surrounded by four star restaurants, and we were close to much of the new year's festivities, e.g. Parade, ice sculptures, etc. The staff were all very professional. Both our room and the lobby were elegant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jennifer Z, Internet Marketing Coordinator at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Hello! Thank you for sharing your comments here on TripAdvisor. I’m thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful stay at The Fairmont Copley Plaza, and that you were able to enjoy Boston’s exciting New Year’s Eve festivities on nearby Copley Square. Sounds like you a great time! Thank you, again, for your post, and I hope we’ll be able to welcome you back soon.
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Spent two nights for New Years. Did not eat at Oak Room. Hotel location, staff, hospitality, security and overall ambiance was classic and top notch. As someone local to Boston, this hotel is the epitome of elegance.

• Stayed December 2012
Porto Alegre, RS
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The hotel is gorgeous, luxurious, well located, clean and the staff is very professional. The room is very comfortable. You, hardly go to find a hotel of this high standard by this price, so it is also a great deal. I was in a room on the first floor and sometimes i've heard the music from the bar and that's is a bit annoying. So, I advise you to stay on the second floor up. The internet is paid and is expensive, 15 dollars per day, that's not cool at all.

Granville, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We spent 3 nights at the Fairmont Copley Plaza in December as part of their winter package. The location was excellent...close to Newbury ST for Holiday shopping, restaurants, the commons and even not a bad walk to Fanueil Hall. Our room was spacious and well appointed. we faced the square and although we were on the second floor over the entrance, the room was very quiet. overall we found the service to be outstanding with everyone we dealt with friendly and helpful. We drove to Boston and getting to the hotel and back out of the city was very easy. The parking was pretty pricey but not unexpected for a city. We would absolutely go back to this Fairmount again without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Jennifer Z, Internet Marketing Coordinator at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Hello Pat, and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. I’m so pleased to hear that you had a lovely experience at The Fairmont Copley Plaza! It sounds like you were able to enjoy the best of Boston from our central location and I look forward to sharing your comments with my colleagues. Thank you, again, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Woodbury
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Every time we visit Boston we always overnight here. Excellent service, excellent dining room, great beautiful rooms especially in this day and age of shrunken hotel rooms. Good location as well. Convenient for everything

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Have stayed in Boston numerous times and decided to try a different hotel because we wanted to be closer to an event. Having not stayed here before, I was unsure of the layout etc. When I booked the room, I booked in house in order to talk with the representative about the specifics of the rooms etc. I was trying to get the nicest experience for our one night. Upon arrival, was greeted warmly by front doorman who assisted me with my luggage to the reception desk. My initial impression of hotel was "how beautiful". Classic and grand. I was checked in quickly and was excited to get to the room. I had booked a gold level, interior room. The hallway to the room was a little warn. Once we got to the room, I was not that impressed. I was told that the interior rooms look over a courtyard. Well, that courtyard consisted of building walls and rooftops of buildings. The rooms was spacious and appeared to be clean and set up nicely. The bathroom was well lit. When I made my way to the "lounge", I was very disappointed. I thought maybe I was n the wrong place actually. The chairs looked comfy. It was like a formal sitting room more then a lounge. I saw a small tray of some sort of appetizer looking item when I walked in (there was 3 on the tray) and that was all the food I saw (it was 8:00 p.m.). I hunted around every corner looking for the wine/beer. I finally ended up in a kitchen that had some random bottles of alcohol and wine/beer on the counter. I also notice a small plaque that listed the procedure for the honor bar that I was facing. Honor bar??? Isn't that why you spend the extra $100 for the room so you can have complimentary wine/beer???? If it was premium items, I could more understand. But for your basic wine/beer....I was a little perplexed.
To be honest, I didn't revisit the lounge the next morning as I thought a visit to Dunkin Donuts would be more to my liking. Overall, the hotel was in a GREAT location. The front door staff was very helpful. For a one niter , maybe they put us in the least desirable spot. Who knows.

2 Thank ANN S
Jennifer Z, on behalf of Constance Carman, Fairmont Gold Manager at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Hello Ann, and thank you for your review of Fairmont Gold. As Fairmont Gold Manager, I am disappointed to hear that your stay was less than perfect. My team and I are at your immediate disposal throughout your stay and we aim to satisfy even the smallest request. Our evening canapés are served from 5-7 p.m. each day but my staff and I are always happy to accommodate a special request for a snack or delivery of a meal from our restaurant, OAK Long Bar + Kitchen, to our private lounge. You are correct that there is a charge for alcoholic beverages; however, all soft drinks, mineral waters and espresso are complimentary. Also complimentary for Fairmont Gold guests, our breakfast is a sumptuous array of hot and cold offerings that include seasonal, local ingredients prepared by some of the finest hands in the business. I do hope you’ll consider joining us again on your next visit to Boston. Thank you, again, for your post.