Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston
$294
$261
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Boston Marriott Copley Place(Boston)(Great Value!)
$231
$215
$333
$315
InterContinental
  • Restaurant
Omni Parker House(Boston)(Great Value!)
$199
$194
$172
Doubletree.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Sheraton Boston Hotel(Boston)(Great Value!)
$229
Agoda.com
$237
$197
3,393 results
All reviewsgold flooroak barblack labhotel dogresident dogbeautiful hoteltrinity churchhonor barbeautiful lobbynewbury streetthe location is perfectfitness centerfreedom trailfenway parkcopleylabsconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Have stayed in Boston numerous times and decided to try a different hotel because we wanted to be closer to an event. Having not stayed here before, I was unsure of the layout etc. When I booked the room, I booked in house in order to talk with the representative about the specifics of the rooms etc. I was trying to get the nicest experience for our one night. Upon arrival, was greeted warmly by front doorman who assisted me with my luggage to the reception desk. My initial impression of hotel was "how beautiful". Classic and grand. I was checked in quickly and was excited to get to the room. I had booked a gold level, interior room. The hallway to the room was a little warn. Once we got to the room, I was not that impressed. I was told that the interior rooms look over a courtyard. Well, that courtyard consisted of building walls and rooftops of buildings. The rooms was spacious and appeared to be clean and set up nicely. The bathroom was well lit. When I made my way to the "lounge", I was very disappointed. I thought maybe I was n the wrong place actually. The chairs looked comfy. It was like a formal sitting room more then a lounge. I saw a small tray of some sort of appetizer looking item when I walked in (there was 3 on the tray) and that was all the food I saw (it was 8:00 p.m.). I hunted around every corner looking for the wine/beer. I finally ended up in a kitchen that had some random bottles of alcohol and wine/beer on the counter. I also notice a small plaque that listed the procedure for the honor bar that I was facing. Honor bar??? Isn't that why you spend the extra $100 for the room so you can have complimentary wine/beer???? If it was premium items, I could more understand. But for your basic wine/beer....I was a little perplexed.
To be honest, I didn't revisit the lounge the next morning as I thought a visit to Dunkin Donuts would be more to my liking. Overall, the hotel was in a GREAT location. The front door staff was very helpful. For a one niter , maybe they put us in the least desirable spot. Who knows.

2  Thank ANN S
Jennifer Z, on behalf of Constance Carman, Fairmont Gold Manager at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

Hello Ann, and thank you for your review of Fairmont Gold. As Fairmont Gold Manager, I am disappointed to hear that your stay was less than perfect. My team and I are at your immediate disposal throughout your stay and we aim to satisfy even the smallest request. Our evening canapés are served from 5-7 p.m. each day but my staff and I are always happy to accommodate a special request for a snack or delivery of a meal from our restaurant, OAK Long Bar + Kitchen, to our private lounge. You are correct that there is a charge for alcoholic beverages; however, all soft drinks, mineral waters and espresso are complimentary. Also complimentary for Fairmont Gold guests, our breakfast is a sumptuous array of hot and cold offerings that include seasonal, local ingredients prepared by some of the finest hands in the business. I do hope you’ll consider joining us again on your next visit to Boston. Thank you, again, for your post.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

The location is just perfect. It's a luxury old style hotel with an amazing entrance and hall. The rooms are very big and comfort. The bar at the lobby is very nice. Totally recommended. I would come back there for sure.

Room Tip: Room with 2 extra big queen beds is just amazing
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Oriol L
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I read several comments about the great experience on the "gold floor". Well, maybe I was on the silver or copper or whatever other floor, but where was the service of this super great hotel?? The room itself was large and ok, with a huge bathroom, but lacking those details you find in some other 5*/luxury hotels. For instance, why was the TV so small and so far away from the bed, where was the free wifi customary in some 100-dollar-a-night hotels, why do they charge you nearly 20 dollars with tax for a mere bottle of water, while you paid 500 dollars for the night etc ?
Then the breakfast. Why would I have to argue for 10 minutes with the waiter because I wanted to seat at a 4-person table (yes, I admit I was on my own, but with a large newspaper) when there was no-one (yes, no-one) else in the large restaurant ?
But true, apart from that you are in a heritage place...... Is that worth the price? For me no. When I read that this hotel is worth going to because the bed is comfy and the breakfast is good, plus you have lobster rolls at cocktail time, I personally prefer to find another hotel with as decent beds and breakfast, but better attention to me and better value. And you are even not in the historical center.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Mans25
Jennifer Z, Internet Marketing Coordinator at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Hello, and thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. I’m sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your overall experience. In regards to WIFI, our service is competitively priced with similar hotels in the area – Also, WIFI is complimentary for guests who enroll in the Fairmont President’s Club, which is completely free to join and offers numerous other benefits. I’d like to apologize as well for your breakfast experience in our restaurant, and assure you that I have shared your comments with our restaurant’s General Manager, as this could represent a valuable training opportunity for our colleagues there. Thank you, again, for your post.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Best hotel experience I have had in a long time. Room was beautiful and clean. The doorman was very helpful upon check in. It had just been the resident dogs 11th birthday so the hotel was filled with dogs and families and we didn't hear a one. Will diffidently stay here again.

1  Thank clvrly09
Reviewed December 7, 2012

If ever there were a hotel to recommend,it would be Boston's Back Bay Fairmont Copley Plaza-- on the Gold Floor . I travel extensively and nothing rivals the exceptional treatment provided on the Gold Floor. it is an experience I would wish for everyone. Most especially accommodating was Constance. She made us feel as though we were guests in her own home from the moment we arrived. .Delightful and knowledgeable on every aspect of the hotel, as well as Boston itself, we came to depend on her for everything. . Every hotel should have a "Constance". From the exceptional breakfast in the a.m. on the Gold Floor's lounge to the sumptuous appetizers at cocktail time, , have spoiled me forever. . Ending our day sipping delicious hot cider, kicking back in front of the warmth of the fireplace, just made our stay even more memorable!!!! We look forward to many return visits.

Room Tip: Any room is wonderful. . . the backdrop of Copley Square is stunning
2  Thank Elin K
Jennifer Z, Internet Marketing Coordinator at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Hello Elin, and thank you for sharing your feedback with us! It’s so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the Gold floor’s many perks. Your comments about our Fairmont Gold Manager, Constance Carman, were especially wonderful to read and I look forward to sharing your post with her. Thank you, again, and we can't wait to welcome you back on your next visit!