3,713 results
All reviews gold floor oak bar black lab hotel dog resident dog beautiful hotel trinity church honor bar beautiful lobby newbury street the location is perfect valet parking freedom trail fenway park copley labs concierge
Reviewed August 25, 2012

A fabulous hotel, great location, nice size rooms especially for a hotel celebrating their 100th Birthday!! The Grand Dame of Boston by far! Excellent staff and service!! Another beautiful Fairmont property thank you for yet another wonderful stay!!!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

My son had two surgeries in Boston this summer. We stayed at The Fairmont Copley for three days around each surgery. During both visits we felt that the staff truly went the extra mile to make sure that my son was comfortable and to provide whatever assistance they could. This was a very stressful time for us, so I was very appreciative of the courtesy and helpfulness on everyone's part. Before the surgeries, I asked for help afterward with a wheelchair and with getting my son out of the car and up to the room. It was wonderful to be fully confident that the help would be there when we got back from the hospital. While I hope that we don't have to visit the Fairmont Copley for the same reasons, I do look forward to visiting them again soon.

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Jennifer Z, Internet Marketing Coordinator at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Hi Jody, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. Though we, too, wish that we had welcomed you under better circumstances, I am so happy to hear that our colleagues made your stay this summer as pleasant as possible. Our warmest regards to you, your son, and the rest of your family. Thank you again for your kind words, and we look forward to welcoming you back again as well!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I am in the travel industry and have stayed in numerous luxury hotels. This was no different, it was a fantastic stay. As I checked in the front desk agent was explaining the layout of the hotel for me and as he got to the gym, I stated that I forgot my workout clothes which he then said to me that is not a problem. They have a Fairmont Fit program which they loan you a full set of workout clothes including sneakers. The room was beautiful and redone, the location is prime and right across Copley Square and Boylston. Could not have asked for better.

Room tip: Request high floor
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Firstly the good......
We travelled to Boston by train and the hotel is a very short walk from Back Bay station. It is also very well positioned for the T subway, Newbury St, the upscale Copley mall etc. Our room had a lovely view over Copley Square.
The hotel has been renovated and we took a room on the Gold Floor so that you get breakfast and cocktail snacks and a lounge included. It was very nice but not as good as the Executive Lounge at the N Y Palace for example.
The rooms have been very well remodelled - lovely beds, smart carpet and even a fireplace, but WHY OH WHY did they leave the old and antiquated air conditioning with the ugly grills and noisy workings in the rooms. It is impossible to sleep with it on and devalues the room.
The bathroom is small and no hand shower for the shower/bath configuration. Nice toiletries.
The closet - and old fashioned cupboard had hanging and no drawer space. The paint job was shabby with door frames and fireplace showing congealed paint drips.
It's a great shame they didn't take the remodelling one or two steps further and make it fabulous.
As others have said it is very NYC Plaza like - and has real old world charm and the lobby and areas are beautiful.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Had the best July 4th ever in Boston at the Copley. The hotel is in the process of renovating but that didn't interrupt our stay one bit. When we checked in we were asked if we would like a tour. Spending just one night and having several things on our to do list I wasn't sure we should take time out for a tour. It turned out to be one of the highlights of our stay. The gentleman that gave us the tour was amazing. He was very knowledgable about the history of this hotel and the Fairmont Hotel in general. Don't usually enjoy tours but this one was awesome.
Our room was very clean and newly decorated. The staff was very pleasant and helpful with directions. Wish we had stayed for more than one night.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Hello, and thank you for your comments, Patty. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay – so much so that you wanted to stay an extra night! As you surely learned during your free hotel history tour, The Fairmont Copley Plaza is a Boston landmark with a storied past and exciting future. Since you visited us in early July, we’ve completed our renovation and restoration project, which included the redesign of all 383 guestrooms and suites, the addition of a contemporary, rooftop health club, and the debut of a new restaurant, OAK Long Bar + Kitchen. I do hope you’ll stay with us again soon, to experience these fabulous changes in person! Thank you again.