3,738 results
All reviews gold floor oak bar black lab hotel dog resident dog beautiful hotel trinity church honor bar beautiful lobby newbury street the location is perfect valet parking freedom trail fenway park catie copley labs
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Charming and it is an elegant hotel in the heart of the Back Bay. Breakfast was superb with fresh berries, pasties and eggs. The only down side was the renovation underway of the landmark lounge. The gym facility on the top floor was excellent with state of the art equipment and a nice view.

Room tip: Use the T nearby as taxis are hard to come by
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jennifer Z, Internet Marketing Coordinator at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Hello! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us here on TripAdvisor. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, including our brand new, rooftop health club. I’m sorry you were unable to experience our new restaurant, OAK Long Bar + Kitchen, while you were with us. I do hope you’ll return to us soon in order to try it out! Thank you again for your kind comments.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I was lucky enough to be invited to a very nice business conference in Boston, held at the Fairmont Copley Plaza. The Grand Dame has had a very impressive makeover. Lots of Glitter, and not short of Glam. I felt a little out of place, being the basic country bumpkin. However, they were very, very gracious, the food was outstanding, and the service was unsurpassed. I enjoyed getting insights of their make over and items in progress from Ralph, a very attentive attendant at all of our meals. He was just an example of lots of eager help from the front door to the maid service. We stayed at the Ritz at Central park last year and these people could give them a very good run for the money.
Even though Central Park was across from the RItz, I enjoyed the Copley area more. Lots of smaller very interesting buildings, shops, and churches. It still had a more neighborhood feel.
Back to the Fairmont, the meeting rooms were very comfortable, very very pretty, especially if you like that gold leaf look. Our room was an interior room on a lower floor. I like to walk and took the stairs a lot. On the landing at the level of the first floor there was clearly a smell of dogs, but I could not find any, even though there is one occasionally in the lobby and at the front door. Our room was very comfortable, great closet space, but it was not able to keep cool in the day, and the hall noise was not controlled adequately. You could clearly hear people having a normal volume conversation.
Finally, the costs and it being Boston I knew it would be expensive. If $300 a night is too much for you, then you need to look elsewhere. This is a grown up hotel, for grownup fun.
We had lots of fun, but usually we bring grandkids, and I would have been a little nervous with them around.
A Great place for Great Memories.

Room tip: Interior should have less street noise, but we had a lot of noise from just outside the door.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank musedoc
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed here for one night and got in at an ungodly hour around 4 am due to an 8 hour flight delay on JetBlue. Upon checking in I asked for a late checkout given the hour and the clerk gave us several extra hours which was a nice touch on a Friday night (well Saturday morning). The lobby and restaurant areas are beautiful, with some recently restored old world details. The rooms are very small, which is pretty normal in Boston, but these seemed a little smaller than normal. They are very nicely appointed with nice features in the bathrooms. The walls also seemed a little thin as I could clearly hear our neighbors next door, who seemed to be speaking in a normal conversational level. The rooftop fitness center was nice for a hotel gym, although I was a little disappointed that there was nowhere to do pullups. They did have a nice selection of cardio equipment that offered pretty views of the Back Bay. The hotel is in a great location and we thought the service was great from all the staff. While we loved the charm of the lobby and common areas, we probably won't stay here again due to the small room size for the price.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This hotel is very pretty and is in a great location!
Lots of shopping and restaurants nearby.
The front desk staff was not overly happy but they weren't rude so we were ok.
The room we received was spacious, nicely decorated and everything was in working order. We have absolutely no complaints about the room itself or it's cleanliness.
The men standing outside the hotel who open the doors were extremely polite and appeared to be genuine. Mohammed in particular was a very nice and helpful gentleman.
I would stay here again if given the opportunity and given a decent rate like we received this time. Front desk staff could work on being a little happier. After all, they work in a gorgeous hotel which is something to be very proud of!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This hotel was the perfect balance of elegance and functionality for a mother-daughter weekend. Our 2 double bed room was a comfortable size with upscale decor, provided a good selection of television (for me and my 12 year old) and had comfortable bedding. The hotel is large enough to explore, but not get lost in. Breakfast in the restaurant provided a wonderful 5-star experience without feeling pretentious. The location is superb - close to shopping and the excitement of Copley Square. We had dinner at Douzo (their sushi is amazing), window shopped on Newbury street (very expensive shopping, but there are a few hidden bargain places if you're willing to explore), and visited the Boston Public Library. Be sure to check out the Copley Square organic farm stands that set up carts on the weekends - some really nice herbs, honey, vegetables, etc.

Date of stay: July 2011