After browsing the reviews here, we decided to book a Gold Signature room at the Fairmont Copley Plaza for our 5 night stay in Boston in mid December and we were certainly not disappointed. As we had a long flight from Australia to Boston, we decided to arrange for a car to meet us at the airport. I called the hotel concierge a week before to arrange this and the driver was there to meet our late night flight which was most welcome after our very long day of travelling.
The hotel was really well located for a tourist in Boston. Many attractions are within walking distance, a subway station is across the street and the Amtrak rail station is a couple of blocks away. We hired a car from Avis when we left Boston and it was also walking distance near the Amtrak station.
The hotel is a beautiful historic building - only 6 0r 7 storeys high - with lots of ambiance. It reminded us of the Willard Hotel in Washington DC, where we have stayed previously. The rooms have all been renovated but still have that classic style rather than a modern look. Our room was a good size and the King bed was extremely comfortable. We slept very soundly during our stay. The Fairmont Gold concept is excellent. The whole of the 4th Floor is devoted to Fairmont Gold rooms and the dedicated concierge, lounge and breakfast room is based at one corner near the elevators. We had a room facing Copley Square which provided excellent views. The windows are double glazed, so it was very quiet.
While the cost of the Gold rooms is more than the normal guest rooms, the inclusions make up for the difference. For example, the buffet breakfast with waiter service is free, the internet is free, overnight shoe shine is free and you have access to a large lounge area with an open fire, newspapers, games etc. The breakfast was excellent and it was very easy to walk from your room to the lounge area each morning. The Gold staff was delightful, friendly, personal and extremely helpful. For example, we locked our selves out of our room one morning and they prepared two more keys while we had breakfast, wrapping them in a huge red ribbon so we wouldn't miss them. The concierge even remembered our room number.
Our experience at the Fairmont Copley Plaza was wonderful and really made our visit to Boston an enjoyable one. We would certainly recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a 4/5 star experience in Boston. We got an excellent rate online at the hotel's website and felt the rate was very good value when considering all the inclusions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury downtown Boston landmark hotel has been a symbol of the city's rich history and elegance since its gala opening in 1912. Centrally located in Boston's historic Back Bay, Fairmont Copley Plaza sits steps away from the Boston Public Library, historic Beacon Hill, the Freedom Trail, and Newbury Street. Our Boston hotel offers 383 lavish guest rooms, including 17 elegant suites. Every room has a modern look, while keeping the downtown hotel's rich history and Back Bay location in mind. In addition to 24-hour daily in-room dining service, we are home to one of the hottest drinking and dining destinations in the city, OAK Long Bar + Kitchen ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Fairmont Hotels, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston Hotel Boston
- Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston
- Fairmont Boston
- Boston Fairmont