On approach to this hotel i wasnt really impressed by the exterior . While fine it just didn't seem to live up to the pictures I'd seen on the hotel website.
Well the old phrase, never judge a book by its cover was never more appropiate.
On entering we were ushered in by tradionally uniformed doormen to a beautiful lobby and checked in. Our room wasnt ready and was asked to wait in the Oak Bar. Thirty inutes later i enquired if it was ready yet and they were extremely appologetic as it was not and handed me a token for free drinks.
This was no hardship as the Oak Bar was beautifully resting with oak panneling and tradionally furnished in a gentleman club type manner or in a very tradional London hotel style manner.
We were to spend a few evenings there and found it to be both vibrant with a classy air and popular with Bostonians. The cocktails may appear expensive but they are large and strong.
In the lobby we noticed a black dog a labarodor i think and was informed that it was the hotel mascot called Catie Copley. Well i want that job as she was rubbed and loved by everyone and when not being cooed over she was asleep in her kennel.....a fantastic mascot.
The room was ok, a mini suite but as it was on the inside overlooking a roof it seemed dark. The hotel has been renovated recently and though you knew that, the decorating seemed a little sombre. But the comfort and quality could not be faulted. I was a little disappointed that the internet wasnt free as in many American hotels but it wasnt as expensive as some European ones.
We didn't dine in the hotel, but brunch was fantastic and the Oak Room was as classy as the Bar.
The location of the hotel was fantastic close to many of Bostons sights and within walking distance of the city centre. If you are a shopper then there were two malls close by and of course Newbury Street which even with the £/$ rate in your favour will give your credit card/wallet a severe going over.
The staff were attentive personable and above all professional.
I would high recommend this hotel as a bastion of tranquility over and above the, seen it a million times sameness of the big chains
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury downtown Boston landmark hotel has been a symbol of the city's rich history and elegance since its gala opening in 1912. Centrally located in Boston's historic Back Bay, Fairmont Copley Plaza sits steps away from the Boston Public Library, historic Beacon Hill, the Freedom Trail, and Newbury Street. Our Boston hotel offers 383 lavish guest rooms, including 17 elegant suites. Every room has a modern look, while keeping the downtown hotel's rich history and Back Bay location in mind. In addition to 24-hour daily in-room dining service, we are home to one of the hottest drinking and dining destinations in the city, OAK Long Bar + Kitchen ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Fairmont Hotels, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston Hotel Boston
- Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston
- Fairmont Boston
- Boston Fairmont