3,717 results
All reviews gold floor oak bar black lab hotel dog resident dog beautiful hotel trinity church honor bar beautiful lobby newbury street the location is perfect valet parking freedom trail fenway park copley labs concierge
Reviewed July 27, 2011

At right angles to both Boston City Library and Trinity Church, and facing onto Copley Square, this hotel is in a great location. When we arrived a farmers' market was in progress on the square.
The Copley is impressive and certainly has the wow factor. The lobby is like a mini Versailles, complete with chandeliers and mirrored doors. We stayed two days and plushness of the lobby area never lost its impact.
Room decor was faux Edwardian and it was very comfortably fitted out. Particularly impressive was the silver and black marble bathroom.
Of course this all came with a hefty price tag.
Our stopover here cost us more than anywhere else we stayed in Massachusetts.
But the experience was all show and no substance really.
Breakfast would never be included in such a grand place and internet use in the room was priced exorbitantly. Our first stopover on a 12 day trip, I wondered later why humbler, CHEAPER but just as comfortable hotels could offer free wireless internet but not the lofty Copley.
Wonderful to look at and pass through it may be, but it totally lacks the essential ingredient of any hotel - hospitality! By all means stay there, but expect to pay.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tripstaker
SWTravelerBoston, Regional Director of PR at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2011

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed our central location and our elegant building. As a point of clarification, wireless internet access is complimentary for Fairmont Presidents Club members, which is free to join so I do hope that you will consider that for your next stay. In the meantime, thank you for sharing, and we hope that we'll see you back again.

Reviewed July 26, 2011

This is a very nice hotel in a good location. Convenient to Subway, restaurants, sights. We had a deluxe double plus rollaway for family of four and it was fine. Nice bathroom! I would stay here again if visiting Boston!

Reviewed July 25, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for five days. It was wonderful. My room and ensuite on the First Floor were huge! It was by far the largest and most comfortable room that I had during my entire six week holiday.

When you arrive at the hotel you're greeted by Catie Copley. The beautiful (and very friendly) Catie is the Fairmont Hotel's Canine Ambassador. You can't help but fall in love with her! Make sure that you buy a copy of Catie’s two books “Catie Copley” and “Catie Copley’s Great Escape”. Both books are written by Deborah Kovacs and Jared T. Williams. A portion from the sale of each book goes to the Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind. When you buy the book, make sure that you get it ‘pawtographed’ by Catie.

The staff at the Fairmont Copley Plaza are very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. I was astonished that on the second day of my stay, the Concierge not only remembered my name but also happily chatted about the sightseeing that I was planning to do during rest of the day. She was wonderful! Even though the hotel was very busy, the Concierge never failed to have kind, friendly word – something that is very much appreciated when you’re a solo traveller from the other side of the world.

Date of stay: October 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 25, 2011

I'm not sure whether the low point of the trip was when there was dried blood on my bed sheets, when the sheets weren't changed, or when I was handed the replacement sheets to put on myself. Incredibly disappointing stay!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Tomm086

Thank you for your post. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please know that, as you can see from other posts in this forum, this is not the typical service experience received at The Fairmont Copley Plaza. I do hope that you will consider the hotel in the future. Thank you, again, for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

When you look at the interior photos of this hotel, you know it is something special. Grand public areas, beautiful ballrooms, spiral staircases, elaborate bar and dining areas all convey the luxurious spirit of this historic hotel. The check-in process was easy with a helpful staff. The concierge is right by and happy to help as his dog rests at his feet in the lobby (a la the Chateau Frontenac in Quebec, another Fairmont property) and gets a friendly scratch from the hotel guests.

This romantic experience kind of stopped for us at the first floor.

Now it is an older hotel, designed by the same architect of the famed Plaza Hotel in New York (also a Fairmont property,) but our room was no where on the same level as the Plaza. First off it was small. I can live with small, but our friends were down the hall, with the exact same rate, booked at the same time, and their room was at least twice the size as ours! Secondly our room had a queen sized bed and theirs had a king. Not a big deal, but it would certainly require one to specify what type of room they were seeking if it mattered to them.

The bathroom was also small, with a tub-shower combo, but the shower curtain only covered 2/3rds of the shower area. There is a big hole. If you are seeking privacy while you bathe...you'll have to ask for it from your partner since the curtain does not hide the space you are in. This all being said, we'd certainly stay here again, we'd just be more specific about the room.

We ate in the hotel and the food was fine. The bar area was beautiful with a good crowd each night and the hostess and staff were all friendly and prompt.

You have read the fitness room is not up to par for a hotel at the level of a Fairmont and the spa is nonexistant. My wife went to the GretaCole Spa in the hotel right next door and very much enjoyed her massage.

Centrally located to much to see in Boston in a walkable area, and cabs were easy to come by for the longer trips.

Checkout was simple and the staff and doormen were courteous.

Enjoy your stay.

Room tip: There seems to be lots of room sizes at the same "rate class" so be sure to ask for what you are expecting.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
SWTravelerBoston, Regional PR Director at Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2011

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Fairmont Copley Plaza. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and will look forward to welcoming you back. I read your comments about the fitness center and guestrooms, and I'm sorry that they didn't meet your expections. We will, however, be undergoing a renovation of all our guestrooms which will be completed in spring 2012 in time for our Centennial Celebration. In addition to our guestrooms we will be adding a new fitness center to our roof, which will debut in fall of 2011. There will be some exciting enhancements to the hotel, and we look forward to having you experience them during a future stay. Again, thank you for sharing in this forum.