At right angles to both Boston City Library and Trinity Church, and facing onto Copley Square, this hotel is in a great location. When we arrived a farmers' market was in progress on the square.
The Copley is impressive and certainly has the wow factor. The lobby is like a mini Versailles, complete with chandeliers and mirrored doors. We stayed two days and plushness of the lobby area never lost its impact.
Room decor was faux Edwardian and it was very comfortably fitted out. Particularly impressive was the silver and black marble bathroom.
Of course this all came with a hefty price tag.
Our stopover here cost us more than anywhere else we stayed in Massachusetts.
But the experience was all show and no substance really.
Breakfast would never be included in such a grand place and internet use in the room was priced exorbitantly. Our first stopover on a 12 day trip, I wondered later why humbler, CHEAPER but just as comfortable hotels could offer free wireless internet but not the lofty Copley.
Wonderful to look at and pass through it may be, but it totally lacks the essential ingredient of any hotel - hospitality! By all means stay there, but expect to pay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This luxury downtown Boston landmark hotel has been a symbol of the city's rich history and elegance since its gala opening in 1912. Centrally located in Boston's historic Back Bay, Fairmont Copley Plaza sits steps away from the Boston Public Library, historic Beacon Hill, the Freedom Trail, and Newbury Street. Our Boston hotel offers 383 lavish guest rooms, including 17 elegant suites. Every room has a modern look, while keeping the downtown hotel's rich history and Back Bay location in mind. In addition to 24-hour daily in-room dining service, we are home to one of the hottest drinking and dining destinations in the city, OAK Long Bar + Kitchen ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Fairmont Hotels, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston Hotel Boston
- Fairmont Copley Plaza Boston
- Fairmont Boston
- Boston Fairmont