4,390 results
All reviewsgreat locationdowntown crossingstreet levelthe theater districtfreedom trailsouth stationstate houseguest roomsparking garagecorner roomfitness centerfaneuil hallquincy marketfew blocksking bedhotel restaurantnorth end
Reviewed December 2, 2006

When i first walked in the hotel i thought it look really nice and i felt as if i was getting my moneys worth when i got to my room around 4:30 all i wanted to do was to eat something and just go to sleep since i had to drive all the way from New York City so i order room service it took for ever to be connected to teh room service department and when i finally did i was put on hol for about 5mins
carmen the guy that answer the phone was rude even though i was beign really nice i felt as if i was ordering from burger king, when i made my order he said that itwould be in my room in 30mins well 50mins past and i called him and he said that he was sorry but he had forgotten to take my room number so my order was being held and he said that eh would send it right up. i asked him if it was going to take another 30 mins and he said that it wasn't because they had the foos made. At this moment i got really upset because i knew they were going to send me the dinner that had been sitting for a good 20 mins. i told him that i didn't want food that was sitting there for that long and he said that it wasnt so i believed him and i told him that it was fine when mark the server arrived with my food he was really nice and presented the food to me but i was dissapointed so when he left i called room service and carmen answer again really rudly, he didnt even bother to greet me he just said carmen speaking so i told him that i didn't want the food anymore because it look like it had been seating there for way too long
so i wanted to cancel my order very rudly he said that if i didn't wanted in the 1st palce i shouln't have asked him to send the food up to my room, then he said that he need it to see the food and to make sure that i hadn't eaten it and i told him to come get it and he said fine and hung up he didnt;t ven give me the time to ask him if the charges were going to be taken off.
when i went to check out the next day the room service charge was charged to my room...
with people like carmen are the kind of people that make a good experience a terrible one

would i stay at the hotel probably but no way would i recomend anyone to order room service because the terrible service of the guy answering the phone.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank natasha75
Reviewed November 25, 2006

Stayed three nights over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend. An extremely comfortable hotel with a great location - just two-and-a-half blocks southeast of the Boston Common! Staff was extremely helpful and courteous (gave us a free room upgrade), Filene's & Macy's just around the corner, and the "T" is less than two blocks and a safe walk through the Hyatt garage on Chauncey Street. I also used the 6th floor health club. It's clean, modern, and complimentary for guests. I've been traveling to Boston alot over the last year and this is the best hotel so far. Booked on Priceline for $99.00. I'd stay here anytime!

4  Thank francis54
Reviewed October 30, 2006

I was in Boston for 3 days to attend a convention and had a very pleasant stay at the Hyatt. The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful.

The hotel is in a great location. It is literally across the street from Chinatown and a block or two away from the Theater District (you can see the theather from the hotel). The subway is also just around the corner as is the Macy's department store and a lot of other shops (fashionistas - the Copley Place next to the convention center has all the high-end stores). I took a cab during my stay and here's a breakdown on how much I spent:
A cab from the airport costs about $20.00.
A cab to the New England Aquarium costs about $5.00, which is also within walking distance to the Marketplace and Little Italy.
A cab to the Hynes convention center was about $12.00 (I swear the driver took the long way so I think the fare should have been less).

The food at the hotel was surprisingly very good. My only complaint is that room service was a bit slow. They estimated 20 minutes and didn't arrive until about an hour later. I ordered a clam chowder and they forgot to include a spoon. However, when they did bring up a spoon, the waiter brought a fresh, hot bowl, which made up for the mistake. The room service breakfast I ordered the next day was delivered as promised though.

The room with a king-sized bed was larger than I imagined and the beds had down comforters and were extra cozy, given that it was cold rained all day! I was on the top floor and had a very nice view of the city, however, they were remodeling the building, and recommended to keep the drapes closed if we didn't want construction workers peeking in on you! I liked how the shower had dispensers for soap, shampoo/conditioner instead of those annoying tiny, plastic bottles. I also liked how right next to the concierge, they have a computer station to check on your flight or print out your boarding pass and there's an ATM inside the hotel as well.

I was sad I didn't have enough time to explore more of Boston, but if I did have to come back again, I would stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank Rebecca Z
Reviewed October 1, 2006

i gave my stay a 5-star because i rated it mainly on the room itself, which is really what i cared about. But overall i might say it's quite fair to say Hyatt Regency Boston's a 4-star hotel.

Checking-in (*watch out)
-------------------------------------------------
My friend booked two rooms on Priceline at the price of $138 per night three days before the trip. At about 3:45pm on September 30, 2006 (which was a Saturday), our party of four arrived at the check-in desk. The wait was okay, but as many other guest had suggested, we were told that there was no room available at the time (check out: 12; check-in: 4!!). We were assured, though, that there would be rooms for us when we come back later that night. The hotel staff were patient and nice. Our party was attended by a lady named Stephanie.

i left my cell number and asked if we could have two rooms on a higher floor. i called back about 6:30pm, front desk said the rooms were open but not yet ready. At 8:00pm, the hotel called and said the rooms were ready. We went back to the hotel past 10pm, and were placed on 15th and 20th floor.

i asked how the hotel dealt with the wait list, and was told it is on a first-come, first-served basis. Therefore, if you want to have a room available as soon as possible, make sure you come to the hotel when you get the chance. Don't wander off like our party did and don't wait till the last minute!

Luggage
-----------
Since our only piece of luggage was brought into the storage when we first checked in, i thought we had to wait a long time for them to come up, like some guests complained. But it came to our door within a fast 10 minutes!

Room (size, cleanliness, etc)
--------------
When you step out of the elevator, you can see right away that floor 19 to floor 22 has a loft-style waiting area, where there are comfortable chairs for guests.

My husband and i were on the 20th floor (i believe the room number was 2034). The room has a king-sized bed, and the size was pretty decent (approx. 12 x 18). i think the width could actually fit two king-sized beds. i wanted to take some pictures, but my camera battery was so dead, and by the time it finally got fully charged, all our stuff was everywhere :-p The next morning we were in a hurry to leave, so...sorry for not being able to get more photos!! (Photos from previous travelers were very helpful; they reflected what i saw anyway.)

The front desk said that rooms on higher floors have similar sizes, so i guess you can always ask for rooms on a higher floor.

The room itself was quite clean. i liked the bathroom. There was a bamboo bowl on the sink counter with scented leaves and stuff, which was pretty pleasant.

The view outside the window was okay, not a whole lot. Bed was very comfortable and nice.

There were three sets of phones available in the room: one with a wireless headset, one wired by the bed, and also another in the bathroom.

The hotel site says they provide bathrobes and slippers, but i didn't find the slippers.

Fitness center and swimming pool
-----------------------------------------------
Open till 11pm. The gym equipment is new and well maintained. Would have been nicer if it was open till a later time. i did see other guests come in at 11pm, and they weren't asked to leave.

Neighborhood
--------------------
A lot of guests complained about the neighborhood being "unsafe" or weird, i have to sort of agree. i wasn't really concerned, since there were 4 of us. During the day when all the shops are open, there are a lot of people around, but it is true that the whole area die down after it gets dark. Seemed like most shops are close at 8 or 9pm.

Watch out if you need to get back to the area very late and if you need to get a quick bite. There is a 7-11 on the other side of the hotel entrance (which is near Macy's), but for others such as CVS, i think they are really quite a walk.

i didn't try to look this up, but i read it online that the hotel is "connected" to Macy's. So if you are concerned about the safety, maybe you can get to Macy's from within the hotel, and then the subway station (the "T") is quite near.

i found the location okay, it's quite a nice walking (about 10-min) distance from Quincy Market. i personally perfer taking the subway, which saves much time. At the location you can easily walk to Boston Commons, Chinatown, the State House area, etc.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
9  Thank chris509
Reviewed September 17, 2006

The Hyatt Regency is a beautiful hotel and in a great location to see all the sights of downtown Boston. However, except for the helpful, informative, doormen the service is awful. When we checked in we were told that the hotel was overbooked (we had made these reservations 5 months+ in advance) and they would need to move us to another hotel for one night. After reviewing our reservation they changed their mind and our room suddenly was available. After we were checked in, we left a message at the concierge desk for directions that was never returned. The front desk couldn't help with directions or local sight information either. We went to the lobby and had driving directions basically thrown at us by the concierge, who was too busy talking to the other members of the concierge desk to help us. Lastly, there isn't a jacuzzi and the pool was cramped.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family