“Clean, courteous, convenient”

GreenLeadersGold level
The Dalles, Oregon
“Clean, courteous, convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

We only stayed one night. From the time we arrived until we left we found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. The room was clean, quiet and had a good view. The location is tough to get to for a person with no experience in Boston but it is a short walk to the heart of historic Boston, China Town, theaters and the financial district. The route getting out of the City is much easier.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed at this hotel, while I was attending a meeting in Boston a few months ago. The staff at the reception was very friendly, and I was able to access my room after my arrival. Also, the staff informed me that my parcel (something I ordered prior to my trip) was ready to be delivered to my room during my check-in. The room was very spacious and clean. The hotel was in close proximity to many restaurants. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel, and I would certainly return to stay at this hotel if I travel to Boston.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Great central location--near theaters, one block to subway station, 3 blocks to park. Nice room, comfortable bed. Bathroom could use some aesthetic work, but everything was clean/functional. Nice staff overall.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

The location is downtown, near the business areas but also the happening late night spots and Boston Commons. Good for business or tourists.

Clean. Good staff. Great breakfast. Nice cocktails at the bar (reasonably strong drink)

Building needs a proper renovation. Rooms are looking tired, but reasonably maintained.

Pool and gym are way too far a walk to get to, down 3 flughts of stairs, but decent when you get there.

Im told they are renovating in november

No regency club in this one for now...

Rancho Santa Margarita, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Very disappointed with the front desk attitude over the two days. I don't know if it is a cultural thing or bad training. The room itself was fine, but if you are looking for smiling, welcoming staff, forget it. Also, poor acoustics in lobby, very loud.

Room Tip: Bribe the front desk?
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
RoyalSonestaBoston, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Hello, Ken R, We appreciate your comments regarding your past stay with us at Hyatt Regency Boston. I sincerely apologize on behalf of the front desk for the unsatisfactory service you received during your stay. What is usually authentic and friendly hospitality, was mediocre for you. This will be addressed with our associates to ensure this does not happen. We hope this does not defer you from staying with us in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly If you have any further comments and question. All my best, Emily qualitybosto@hyatt.com
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed here with my wife to see some historic sights and a attend a dinner cruise. This hotel was very efficiently run with a courteous and attentive staff. The interior was ascetically pleasing and stylish throughout from the bar area and lobby to the hotel hallways. Our room was large and comfortably relaxing with a breathtaking view of the city. We slept well in the comfortable bed and fine linens.We enjoyed the menu and drinks at the bar, as well as the unbelievable breakfast buffet at the hotel restaurant. The gym had all the amenities one would need such as steamed towels, complimentary head phones, and eucalyptus sauna.

The only negative was that the women's sauna was not operating at the time.

This hotel was centrally located to shopping, restaurants, museums, and night life. We will definitely stay here again. I would highly recommend this establishment where the management pays extraordinary attention to small details.

Room Tip: Although obvious, remember to request a higher level room for the best views of the city.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
RoyalSonestaBoston, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Hello, SB5248, We are very happy to hear you had such an enjoyable time in Boston and a pleasant stay at our hotel. Our team takes great pride in welcoming our guests much as we would our own family. It's our goal is to create a home-away-from-home and the entire team is thrilled to have read your comments –thank you! As they say, breakfast is the most important meal a day and we are delighted to hear you enjoyed the offerings from our culinary team. We are sorry to hear about the sauna, which, unfortunately has to be manually turned on and takes a little time to warm up. Please know, when staying at our hotel, our team is always just a quick phone call away. We are more than happy to turn on the sauna before you arrive in our gym. Thank you again for your comments, we look forward in welcoming you back! All my best, Emily qualitybosto@hyatt.com
Oakland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

One of many trips to Boston but first time at this Hyatt. Had tickets to see Phantom with my husband and nineteen year old daughter. Decided to stay here because of its proximity to the opera house. We arrived at 10 pm on Thursday to a sold out hotel. I had booked an upgraded high floor view double room but they had none left even though I had booked and paid for one. The very nice, apologetic lady (feel bad I forgot her name) felt very badly and searched a bit trying to accommodate us. We finally had to settle for a lower floor room. She deducted $100 from the original room rate for each of the three nights and also added 3 buffet breakfasts for us for all three nights of our stay!!! Wow! Need I say we were very pleased! The room was also a hypoallergenic room and also had a wonderful view! We called for a few items and they were delivered immediately. It was clean and didn't feel too worn as some have posted.
We enjoyed the Buffett breakfast very much!! We had cooked to order pancakes and wonderful omelets. Delicious hot coffee, juice, cereals, breads and loads of other choices. Waiters were so friendly and great service.
Pool very warm and clean. Great workout room. Used both daily. Nice sun terrace to relax on.
Yes parking is pricey but hey it's the city! We self parked in the garage for $36 a day and were within 50feet of the Hyatt entrance. Very easy in and out.
This Hyatt was located in such a great spot. We have stayed at 4 and 5 star hotels in Boston but this will be our spot in the future. Perfect location for walking all over. This trip we spent time in the north end, park, beacon hill , aquarium - no subway- we prefer to walk!
So yes this hotel is a bit pricey (what hotels in boston aren't?!) but they go above and beyond to make sure you are happy, at least that was our experience. I felt the Buffett was pricey so we hadn't booked it. Having had a chance to try it for free- loved it, convenient, and would spend the money for it on our next stay.
I would not hesitate to book here; we had a wonderful experience our first stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Ctls414
Hello Ctls414, Thank you for taking the time to write your review! We are happy to hear that you had such a fantastic stay, and apologize again that we were unable to accommodate your upgrade. It is a delight to hear that you were impressed with exceptional service, at the front desk, in Avenue One and with housekeeping. We do hope that you'll visit us again, soon. Please be in touch should you need anything at all. Best, Emily qualitybosto@hyatt.com