“Clean, center-city stay!”

Hyatt Regency Boston
Ranked #34 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This hotel is centrally located. It is close to the orange line (T stop) and downtown crossing. It is easy to walk to Boston Commons from the hotel. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The parking was expensive and not included, however this can often be expected in a city. There are no vending machines and room service is expensive ($3.50 for a can of soda + delivery fee + room service charge). There is a bar/restaurant downstairs which is convenient. Internet is not included but they don't openly state that so be careful! Bed/room was very comfortable and clean. The gym is nice and so is the pool. Overall, great stay!

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
RoyalSonestaBoston, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Hi johannaroxanne, We appreciate you taking the time to post a review. Our location certainly cannot be beat when looking for a hotel that is centrally located and close to public transportation. Our neighborhood restaurant, Avenue One, does indeed offers great food with a local flare, if you'd rather stay in. I do apologize that our Wi-Fi policies were not readily known. We do offer complimentary Wi-Fi within the lobby and public areas of the hotel, if needed. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt Regency Boston soon! Please be in touch! Warm wishes, Emily qualitybosto@hyatt.com

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Boston

Reviewed December 30, 2013

This is my second stay at this hotel, and it was great the last time, however, there was some construction going on then. This time the construction was complete- lobby was very nice, and room was very clean and comfortable. The bed is supremely comfortable. I chose this hotel again because of the great value- Both stays I ended up paying under 140$, which I haven't been able to find elsewhere in downtown Boston for the quality of hotel. Staff was friendly. I love the location of this hotel as it convenient to the T. A previous poster reported that the area of hotel is not the most desirable, but I haven't found any of this to be true. I walked the three minutes to the hotel from the T stop at Chinatown at 11pm and didn't find this to be unnerving at all. I suppose you should of course use precautions as you would anywhere and stay alert. There is a wonderful café around the corner (near the theaters). The only recommendation I would have is to offer free wifi-9.95$ a day is ridiculous. My experience has been that most hotels above 3 stars will charge for wifi, while the cheaper hotels usually offer complimentary wifi and breakfast. I don't understand this. I have tickets to a show at the Boston Opera House in a few months, and I will definitely stay at this hotel as it is right next door.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello katie1128, Thank you for visiting us, again as well as taking time to write a detailed review. We love reading how our guests enjoy not only the amenities and associates within the hotel and how they help amount to a fabulous stay, but how our location contributes as well. We are lucky to be located next to some amazing attractions and restaurants. We look forwarding to welcoming you back for your show at the Opera House! Until then, Emily qualitybosto@hyatt.com

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I'm a local that stayed here in December as I had long day of meetings and did not want to drive home so my perspective may be a lot different than everyone else who reviews.

First of all, the location is not great- the area of town this hotel is located in is wedged between Chinatown, the Financial District and Downtown Crossing. In general, this part of town unlike say, Faneuil Hall & Newbury Street areas, shuts down quite early (like 7pm) so yes, it's downtown, but you don't have a lot of dining and shopping options. Almost all options require an evening stroll through Downtown Crossing which is better described as an up & coming area of town (check back in a few years). I personally do not like to walk alone through there after 8 or 9pm. If you are unfamiliar with the area and coming for a weekend in the city- stay in another part of town- there are nicer hotels in better areas, for sure. This hotel is totally appropriate for business.

I was incredibly disappointed by the hotel itself. My room was nothing special- although claims to have been renovated in 2012, the furniture was VERY dinged up. Bed was not at all inviting (I think they were going for the modern sparse look); view was of a dirty roof and a personal pet peeve, daily internet access was an additional $9.95. I stay at a lot of hotels- that is the first time I've seen a daily internet charge in the US at any nice hotel. The layout of the hotel itself is very awkward, you have to switch elevators at least once to get to the ground level. The lobby was kind of cool and modern, but that just made the room that much more disappointing.

I realized after I had been out all night that the door to my room didn't lock (I don't mean once, I mean, at all). It had some kind of wifi key card system and just didn't lock from the outside. Fortunately, I was only gone a few hours and nothing was taken, but still...that could have ended badly.

Best part about this hotel was the super modern gym (although a very strange location).

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Yainey

Hi Yainey, Thank you so much for taking time to post your review. I apologize that your room accommodations did not meet your expectations. We are working hard to match our guestrooms to the quality of our lobby and meeting spaces, making them more comfortable and more in-line with a modern living space. We will be implementing these changes and upgrades this year and hope to have you back to test them out. Please be in touch should you wish to discuss our security protocol in more depth. Comfort, authentic hospitality and guests’ safety is among our top concerns; and we want you to feel at ease. Warm wishes, Emily qualitybosto@hyatt.com

Reviewed December 26, 2013

This review is really on behalf of 70 or so of our wedding guests as well as my own stay over a weekend in August. Although we did not actually have our wedding at the Hyatt, we wanted a large and reasonably priced hotel near our downtown venue, and we could not have been more pleased with choosing the Hyatt. We arranged everything (50+ room nights) completely over email in what was probably the least stressful part of wedding planning, and during the weekend, everything went off without a hitch. I truly commend and appreciate the group sales team, as well as hotel staff for giving me one less thing to worry about.

As for the hotel itself, the only negative is the odd split lobby system. It just slows everything down that much more, and the lobby elevators are kind of nutty. Otherwise, I stayed in both a standard room and a Lafayette Suite. The standard double room was fine, nothing to write home about, but perfectly satisfactory. The suite was pretty outstanding, with gorgeous views from a giant terrace, and a bedroom separated from the living room by classy French doors. There was also a massive luggage/closet area by the bathroom. It is true that the furniture and finishings are all aging a little, but again, there was nothing really to complain about.

Champagne in our suite on our wedding night + a bunch of random goodies were a sweet surprise (given we did not have our wedding onsite), and we genuinely felt taken care of.

Also had brunch at Avenue One (the hotel restaurant) before my wedding, and it was truly delicious, and priced like a high end restaurant too...

From a more objective point of view, I would say the 2 best things about the Hyatt are location and value. It's hard to find a better deal in the downtown area. At the end of the day, this is not a 5-star hotel, but it definitely exceeded all of my expectations of a Hyatt Regency.

Room Tip: Room away from the atrium, as it has potential to be noisier.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Hi pocmonster, Congratulations on your recent nuptials! We are so glad that we were able to be a part of your special day in some small way and help to make you feel entirely at ease during the planning process. Even during such a hectic time for you, I am so glad that you were able to experience our authentic hospitality and even Avenue One, where the brunch is a must! We strive to exceed each guests' expectations of an incredible stay, and it truly makes all of here at Hyatt Regency Boston so happy to hear that we were able to do so for you and your wedding guests. We hope to have you back, soon! Please be in touch should you wish to celebrate an anniversary or romantic getaway. All my best, Emily

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Had a fantastic stay over Thanksgiving! The staff were smiling all the time, and were happy to help. We traveled with our 3 kids, and the kids loved the pool. We walked from the hotel to the freedom trail all the way to the North Church. Incredibly convenient, the food was outstanding. I highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Hi Jolpin, to you and your family! Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Boston. Your recommendation is our highest honor, and we are so glad that you were able to take advantage of the indoor pool and our amazing location, close to attractions. We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Best, Emily

Reviewed December 23, 2013

This is the best hotel in Boston. I am there often for business. The Hyatt Regency downtown is located right in the heart of the city and no matter where you are heading, it is only a short walk. The newly renovated lobby is great and the Bar is friendly and inviting. The staff is amazing. The rooms are quiet and clean. I look forward to each trip I take to Boston because I know that I will be staying here.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Hi J0hn01, Thank you so much for the kind words! We strive to make each and every guest feel welcomed and at home, regardless of joining us for work or pleasure, and are happy to hear that this has resonated with you. Thank you for calling us "the best hotel in Boston" and thank you for being a part of our Hyatt Regency Boston family, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon! Warm wishes, Emily

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful hotel! Staff was amazing. They let us check in as soon as we arrived in Boston at 9:30 am. Very clean, Valet parking was included and was easy. We asked for a quiet room and was in room 2123 on the 21st floor- view was amazing. Will stay again in the future!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Jcn0108, Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Boston. Our staff is committed to providing a high level of service and I am thrilled you were able to experience it. We are looking forward to welcoming you back! Best, Emily