4,441 results
All reviews great location downtown crossing street level the theater district freedom trail south station state house guest rooms parking garage corner room fitness center faneuil hall quincy market few blocks king bed hotel restaurant north end
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Front desk, Sunday morning: "We had a shipment error and the entire hotel is out of coffee!!" Concierge Service: (response to questions about Boston) "Just use your smart phone." Request for extra towels: 3 guests, Not 2 (3rd request): Front desk, 10 p.m.: "We'll bring them up later!" (never brought..Were they planning to bring them in the middle of the night?.) Complaint first night: "Your Mini Bar in the room smells like something died in it." 3rd night: Yep. Still broken. Expect to go on a scavenger hunt to find what...vending machines? What are those? Forget those midnight snacks for late arrivals. The hotel has...... one...somewhere. No snack food, though. Just water. CVS pharmacy, you're my friend. I love walking around downtown Boston at night to get snack food. Those homeless people are an added touch. Finally ordered room service pizza at 1:30 a.m. and it was delivered by 3 a.m.?? The hotel must have been busy... Hard beds, squeaky desk chair. It squeaked worse than Grandma's. Don't sit in that. I think they got it from Wal-mart. " Where was this, and how much did you pay?" Oh yeah...the Hyatt. wow...

Room Tip: The hotel is convenient to the Freedom Trail and the Boston Opera House. I won't come back though. For us, it was a poor value.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Iammultipurpose
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Read to the end... hotel customer service made things right. Woke up to no hot water. Upon calling front desk, learned that entire hotel was without hot water and would be for a few hours. Compensation offered was a free cup of coffee if I came to lobby...what?? Since I couldn't wait, I asked if additional compensation was available and manager offered to comp the $50 valet parking fee. Called front desk for receipt and was transferred to accounting where I got a recording saying office was closed and I could e-mail for receipt. Went to front desk to ask about receipt and learned I was charged, in error, for long distance call. Charge was reversed and clerk asked if enjoyed my stay. When I noted my disappointment, the clerk asked how he could make things right. Without expecting much, I asked that the hotel not charge for my stay. Imagine my surprise when he agreed and comped my entire stay. I'm impressed that the front desk had authority to satisfy a customer at any cost and I would stay here again based on the exceptional customer service. Really, a class act, all the way.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed for one night before flying to the UK. WE got a great deal on Hotwire - $125.
The location was perfect for our needs. We enjoyed walking to the Common and strolling around Boston. The room was clean and large. The staff were great with our 2 year old daughter. She had a nice crib which was brought straight to our room on check-in. I like that it was a crib and not a pack and play. They also provided travel samples of Johnson baby products so I didn't have to unpack all of her things. The personnel were attentive and there was often a manager in the reception area to make sure everything was as you wished. The manager even gave my daughter a toy lobster to welcome her to Boston. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Very comfortable stay at this well positioned hotel.
Quiet, comfortable room, upgraded to a suite. Excellent bedding, fast internet, good water pressure and hot water. As diamonds, internet and breakfast was included.
Attentive and personable service, even on one morning when the breakfast room was very busy, the staff really made the extra effort, and got everyone what they needed.
Had cocktails and supper there on the first night, well presented meal, strong drinks. Nice.
Hotel was within walking distance of the tourist sites. We liked that it seemed quite central; you'd decide what you wanted to see that day and head off in that direction. Rinse and repeat the other days and it always seemed to be a 15 to 20 minute walk.
We would definitely stay here again as we felt very well taken care of and pampered.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt...felt totally pampered from start to finish! Got a really good AAA rate which included the buffet breakfast and free Wi-Fi. The hotel staff was courteous, friendly and helpful and the breakfast buffet was outstanding! Have no clue what was outside our window since we weren't in the room much but out walking to Boston Commons, Public Gardens, the Freedom Trail, Faneuil Hall, Quincy Market, the Wharf, etc. Boston's a great walking city and this hotel is very convenient. We needed a taxi to get to the cruise terminal but that was a short trip. Our room was well appointed; comfortable bed and enough outlets to make it easy to charge all the electronic gear. The only improvement would be an airport shuttle. We'd like to recognize Peter Geurtze, the Food and Beverage Manager, for his outstanding staff in the Avenue One restaurant where we had breakfast each morning...very professional staff and the food was excellent! Yes, we'll definitely stay here again the next time we visit Boston!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Charles F, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to give your feedback about your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Boston! We are so happy that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet since we take pride in serving our guest our Thoughtfully Sourced Carefully grown food! We will pass on you your positive comments to Peter! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Boston!