4,392 results
All reviewsgreat locationdowntown crossingstreet levelthe theater districtfreedom trailsouth stationstate houseguest roomsparking garagecorner roomfitness centerfaneuil hallquincy marketfew blocksking bedhotel restaurantnorth end
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Hyatt, Boston
Room - 1639
Internet - overpriced and should have been included in price of room. $9.95 for dialup speed and $14.95 for broadband speed. We are platinum status so we did not have to pay.
Air conditioning - excellent
Electrical outlets - plenty
Smoking - no
Safe for valuables - No, I don't understand why. This should be standard in a downtown hotel.
Towels, linens - fine
Tissues (kleenex or equal) - yes
Facecloths - yes
Bed and pillows- king, five pillows, too stiff or hard for my liking but ok
Television - looks like a 42 inch LG
DVD player - No
Shower / bathtub - It is a combination shower and bathtub. Water pressure is good. Good shower.
Bathroom amenities - KenetMD, nothing special in terms of styling or decor
Sound - little noise from adjacent room. This is a corner room with two windows and lots of room for baggage.
Exercise room - Very good exercise room with attendants, plenty of equipment
Pool - sixth floor, includes steam room and sauna
Robes - yes
Coffee maker - a cup at a time. Only enough for one cup of coffee regular and one cup decaf

Comment: I would stay again for the location. I wish that they had in room safes. We had one day when our room was not serviced. The hotel agreed to comp our breakfast and then neglected to record that fact. I had to remind them when we checked because we were billed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Charles F, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay on Trip Advisor. We strive to make each guest’s stay a superb experience and comments such as yours play a vital role in our day to day operations. We do understand the need for our guests to be able to utilize an in-room safe and are looking forward to have them installed in the very near future. We pride ourselves for engaging with our guests and are always delighted to either pre-set or personally deliver specific items you may need, i.e. more coffee, etc.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with your room not being serviced in a timely manner and our follow up not being up to par. Please know we are working on improving our communications to ensure all of our guest’s receive a daily refresh of their guest room. We hope to welcome you back in the future, so you may experience firsthand the improvements we currently are working on. Thank you again for your very valued comments.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed here with spouse on tourism visit. Second stay in 9 months. Was able to check in early (very much appreciated). Rooms nicely appointed. New amenities in the bath (not Portico anymore). Close to South Station! Very comfortable bed with nice linens. Bathrobe and slippers. Single-serve coffee maker. Very nice staff from front desk to maintenance. Late check-out also granted. You're all wonderful! A great stay and can't wait to come back.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
RoyalSonestaBoston, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our in-room and hotel amenities! It's especially nice to hear the positive feedback about our new line of bath amenities, KenetMD! We are proud to offer eco-friendly skin care and bath products that leave people looking and feeling their best! Comments such as yours play a vital role in our selections and we appreciate it. We look forward to welcoming you back! Best, Emily

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Located right in the theater district. T stop very near , the Boyston stop right on the Common. Room was very nice. Clean, modern. The bed was very comfortable. Staff friendly. We used the valet service, which was very expensive $50. The young man who took care of our car was very good. We had just purchased the car & kidded him about taking care of it. When we picked it up to go home , he remembered us & joked with us about it. Only 2 complaints. One, typical Boston, the whole area was under road paving & construction. It was a mess to get to. However very easy to get to the pike when leaving. Second, the pool & workout room is way out of the way. Located on the 6th floor but you have to go down 3 flights of stairs to get to it. It looked very clean; however it was located so far from our room we decided against using it; especially after a day of walking etc. I also do not like mini bars in the room, I prefer a small refrigerator. There was a notice of being charged for even moving an object in the mini bar.
I would not pay extra for a different view. Buildings are buildings.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are fine. Would not pay for anything special.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We love to walk when we visit new ciites, so the location of this hotel was good for us, and both our preschooler and our dog liked being so close to the park. Love that the hotel is dog friendly. I felt like our room was in need of a remodel, the finishes seemed a bit dated and worn, and it felt like a business/convention hotel with little ambiance. Having the lobby up on the third floor was an annoyance, and the lower lobby felt like part of the garage. it was a long walk to the pool/gym especially when our key didn't open the door and we had to walk back and forth to the front desk several times. But we really only slept here since the weather was great we were outside all day.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Charles F, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to give your feedback about your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Boston! We are happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our close proximately to the Boston Commons and other fun attractions in the city! We are excited that our rooms are scheduled to go through a complete renovation in the upcoming year! We hope you come back to see the new rooms when they are finished!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

During a recent stay to Boston, I booked my reservation here because the hotel where my conference was being held was fully booked. I chose this hotel because the website made the hotel look great. So, I paid the $494 rate for what I expected to be a great experience. I was disappointed when I arrived & felt like I had paid above average rates for a mediocre experience.

On the plus side, the hotel was a short walk from South Station. Once I got there, I was surprised to learn that I had to call the front desk to request the bottled water that was included in the business package. At those rates, I expected it to just be there when I arrived. The room was okay and the bathroom was pretty basic. Again, at these rates I had high expectations and was surprised to see chips in the paint in the vanity & in the bathroom tile. While calling for my bottled water, I also called to request a vanity kit that was mentioned on a long list of items that was left on the desk for guests to request if needed. The woman on the phone had no idea what I was talking about & I had to tell her that it included q-tips.

After dropping my stuff off in the room, I walked down to the fitness center & pool that are located at the far end of the 6th floor. They were pretty basic and I decided not to use either one. I was hoping to get a much needed massage at the hotel but changed my mind when I saw that the treatment rooms are a few feet away from the exercise equipment. From the time I entered the corridor that leads to the gym area, I could hear someone's feet loudly thumping away on the treadmill. I had no desire to listen to that during a massage. Wanting to get a massage at my hotel was a big part of my reason for my choosing this hotel, so again, I was very disappointed (I later got one at exhale and had a great experience there! They are about a 10 minute walk away)

This Hyatt is in a good location in relation to nearby theaters and the Boston common. I felt safe walking around the neighborhood alone during the day. It was nice to have a CVS nearby so I was able to stock up on bottled water and snacks at reasonable prices.

My room was nice enough and seemed to be well cleaned. I was thankful that they honored my request for quiet room on a high floor since I wanted to be well rested for the conference. Noise from the traffic below can be disruptive on the lower floors so be aware of this when booking hotel rooms in Boston.

The breakfast buffet that comes included with the business package & can be purchased separately was plentiful and delicious. The server was not especially friendly or helpful. He took my drink order & only checked back to drop off the check at the end without asking if I needed anything or if I had enjoyed my breakfast.

I was thrilled to learn that the conference hotel had availability for the next night. It was certainly more convenient and I also had a nagging feeling that I was way overpaying for my stay. It was a very expensive stay & I expect to feel like my accommodations are amazing when paying such high rates. They were kind enough to not charge me for the second night when I let them know I could get a room at the conference hotel. All in all, this was a disappointing stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank carolgb328
Charles F, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Boston. It’s always great to hear that you will able to take advantage of our central location. In 2014 we look forward to our room renovations; we hope that you will return so you can see the new and improved Hyatt Regency Boston.