The Hyatt is a beautiful hotel. Very clean, very upscale, very nice. Fitting into the great era of modern classy hotels. The rooms are updated and spacious. The amenities seem plentiful. But a few things stick out which are missing or off.
1. No safe in the room. No matter what chain the hotel, having safe in the room is essential. Since the cleaning staff is still composed of humans, you can't assume they are all honest.
2. Hyatt acknowledges that humans are dishonest with the lack of a usable fridge. Instead, there is a bar fridge, ready to charge you for your first born of you touch anything. You can pay for a fridge though. While I understand not everyone may need a fridge, I think providing one should be a non issue.
3. The bathrooms have no fans. Mold issues in the future aside, it makes it tough to see the mirror after a shower.
4. The beautiful modern TVs with crap Lodgenet remote and lack of channels.
5. The overpriced restaurant. The food is good, but overpriced. If you are traveling for work, you can blow your per diem in 1 1/2 meals.
6. The wifi does not like you to connect multiple devices. Or something with browser cookies. Can't tell. But it's finicky.
The beds are very comfortable. I slept like a baby. Despite my minor annoyances, I would love to stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the city's downtown destination, Hyatt Regency Boston, where luxury and convenience collide. Steps from Boston's most desirable area-attractions such as the Boston Common, Faneuil Hall, and Boston's famous shopping destination, Newbury Street, the hotel sits at the edge of the city's excitement. Tour the Freedom Trail, visit the Museum of Fine Arts, or catch a game at historic Fenway Park, all just minutes from Hyatt Regency Boston. Experience Boston's exhilarating 24-hour neighborhood and burgeoning restaurant scene that includes our casually chic restaurant, Avenue One. Relax in our heated, indoor saline pool and stay energized in the StayFit Gym. Convenient to the Theater District, the Financial District and attached to Macy's for convenient shopping, our downtown Hyatt hotel is also a 10 to 15 minute walk to the South End, Back Bay, the Charles River Esplandade, and is connected to the "T," Boston's mass transit system. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Travelocity, HotelPower, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Boston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Boston Hotel Boston
- Boston Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Boston