4,390 results
All reviewsgreat locationdowntown crossingstreet levelthe theater districtfreedom trailsouth stationstate houseguest roomsparking garagecorner roomfitness centerfaneuil hallquincy marketfew blocksking bedhotel restaurantnorth end
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I was in town for a business meeting and the travel staff booked me at this hotel. I liked the location because it was close to downtown and easily accessible by train and taxi to my meeting site. The room was fine and I did not try any of the restaurants in the hotel. Concierge service was a bit spotty but I always found a taxi outside the front door.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The title says it all really. If it wasn't for the staff, I would be giving this very few stars.
Don't get me wrong, it's all clean, but everything at this hotel is sad. The lobby is being remodelled so is sad. I arrived late at night, got into my room, the light switch by the door switches a miserable lamp at the entrance and I had to stumble around the room to find other lamps and find out how to switch them on. Even with all the lights in the room on, it was sad. There's no safe in the room at all, amazing for a hotel like this. You can't use the fridge, reserved for minibar use, so I got staff to bring one up. They were very friendly and helpful for all requests like this.
Apart from breakfast, I saw practically no-one in the restaurant, which was also sad.
It's a shame really, but the hotel urgently needs modernizing.
The bed was very comfortable, with plenty of cushions.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Boston. We are in the process of doing renovations in all public areas of the hotel. We recently opened our new Avenue One Lounge and Bar which features flat screen TVs and comfortable modern furnishings. Our Front desk area is almost complete; it also features modern furnishings and a new elegant feel. In regards to the guest room amenities, we do have safes located down in the reception area where you can secure any valuable items. On the other hand, we are glad to hear that you had a comfortable night’s sleep and enjoyed our Hyatt Grand Bed!

We hope to welcome you back in the near future when our renovation is complete!

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Wom this on a Priceline bid for a single night prior to a flight from Logan. Hotel is currently under construction but is pretty nice. Location is good beinvertiginous walking distance to Boston Common. A little hard to find due to construction outside the hotel and Boston's crazy streets, but GPS hit us her just fine

There is aocal parking option in the same garage as the valet which is Muuuuuuch less expensive so we took that option

Room is nice. Didn't notice the thin walls I've heard about. Stayed in 1632 with a view of the city, but nothing to write home about

One complaint is the blinds didn't close all the way a s the sun rises at about 4AM this time of year so bring a clothespin to keep the curtains closed or be prepared for a light leak

Didnt use any of the facilities. It there was a nice looking bar on the 3rd floor with a jazz duo playing. Check in erc is on the 3rd floor also

I'd come back for the right price

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank geeper
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Although I've stayed here before a few times in the last 15 years (even when it was suissehotel), I don't remember the hotel being so nicely refurbished. They're still doing some construction in the lobby. Room is great. Great linens and furniture. Very clean. Entrance a little strange with lobby on 3rd level but its been like that forever. Front desk (Lisa) and room service staff very friendly. Reasonable rate this trip but Boston hotels vary greatly depending on date. (Probably why I haven't stayed here recently--usually costs more $$)

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank LandlockedNoVA
Monique T, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Boston. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back very soon when our renovation is complete!

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Overall, the hotel and staff were terrific. We enjoyed our stay and couldn't have been happier. We especially enjoyed the concierge staff. My partner and I were craving a nice, romantic dinner out on the town, and they were happy to point us to a number of locations that fit our requests perfectly.

I should note that we stayed for a convention at BECC, which is extremely close to the hotel. The hotel partnered with the venue and transportation to/from was extremely simple.

As far as the hotel grounds, it is well-kept and clean. The room was comfortable, clean and crisp with no issues present. Arriving to the hotel via car can be a bit confusing as their is no visible "pull-off" from the street. You have to pull into the parking garage entrance, in which you will find an unloading zone and valet service. The food and morning buffet, while overpriced ($22.00 per-person for buffet), were plentiful and of great quality. The staff for the hotel are very friendly, accommodating and respectful.

Overall, I would absolutely return to the hotel.

The Negative: Our only negative experience was the construction in the lobby. While it wasn't noisy, it was a let-down that there was no information pertaining to the construction prior to our arrival, or on the website (at the time). The lobby was restricted, and black curtains hung to hide any construction. While this was only a minor issue, we were upset that there was no warning. We generally enjoy socializing in the lobby and would have stayed a the nearest Hyatt rather than this one. I will, however, state that this did not impact our sleep, the room or the service.

Room Tip: High floor was extremely quiet. Remember, it is a city.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple