“Great little inn, great location”

Newbury Guest House
Ranked #35 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed January 22, 2010

The Newbury Guest house is in a great location - right on Newbury St about halfway between 2 "T" stations.
The rooms were small, but sufficient for our needs. The breakfast included was fairly sparse - provided in the restaurant downstairs.
The staff were on hand 24 / 7 - which helped our super early checkout time!
Great little hotel for people on a medium budget.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Newbury Guest House

Reviewed January 20, 2010

I stayed at the Newbury Guest House for one night while I visited Boston for a conference at the Hynes Convention Center. I could not have asked for a better location; the Hynes was a three minute walk away, and I was able to reach the start of the Freedom Trail after a leisurely ten minute walk down Newbury Street and through Boston Commons. The room and bathroom were scrupulously clean. The free Wi-Fi was a godsend. The complementary breakfast was excellent, including bacon, eggs, and bagels (which was more than enough for me). I only have two cons: there was no coffee maker in the room (as a caffeine addict, this was painful) and the bed was much harder than I'm used to. Other than that, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 20, 2009

I stayed at Newburry Guest House for two nights whilst on holiday. We paid more for a deluxe room and it was clean and spacious. I can't really criticise it for the price we paid. In addition the breakfast was great and there was complimentary tea and coffee downstairs in the communal area. The guest house is homely and the location is perfect. I would definitly recommend Newburry Guest House and I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2009

I picked this place because of the close proximity to Hynes Convention center, which was just a block away. I was able to come back to the room during breaks to just relax. Our room was spacious with bay windows, nice fireplace, big screen TV, and very comfortable bed. Interior decoration was nice and simple with modern furniture. Breakfast was also nice with good coffee. This place was also on the street where many shops and restaurants are. Jogging path to the Boston Common was steps away. Only thing they may want to add would be an access to fitness center - may be discount pass? Anyway, I would definitely stay there again when I return to Boston.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2009

My husband and I were looking for an inexpensive (relative to other Boston hotels) place to stay for one night in September. I found the Newbury Guest House on Hotels.com. You can't beat the location, right on Newbury Street. We could just walk out the door to stores and resturants. The hotel provides parking for a $20 fee which is reasonable for Boston. The Newbury Guest House has a European feel, with modern decor and simple furnishings. The rooms are not large, but the one we had was immaculate and the bathroom looked brand new. Across from the bed was a huge plasma TV. In the morning they have a continental breakfast which even included eggs and bacon. We will definately stay here again and will recommend it to our friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mom3boysboston
Reviewed October 10, 2009

We enjoyed a stay in the middle of thriving Newbury Street. Noise was not a problem, but location made the difference for us. It was close to public transportation and perfect for visiting the city which was our first to Boston. Good restaurants, shopping and an easy walk to Boston Commons made this perfect. Breakfast included both hot and cold entrees. Staff were helpful but not particularly engaging or friendly. Not a big deal for us. Would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank wascocat
Reviewed October 2, 2009

Terrific location in the Back Bay area. Old world charm, but with contemporary styled rooms. Stayed for several nights in a Deluxe room (but no "padded luggage bench" in our room as stated on their website) and a night in King room. Very clean and comfortable. Bar fridge handy for keeping drinks and snacks (no mini-bar, which is my preference anyway). No coffee/tea making in the room, but available in the guest lounge - an opportunity to mingle with other guests. Free Wifi, but disappointingly slow. Both our rooms faced the back laneway and we got woke up at 2am on a Thursday by a garbage truck, so maybe a room facing Newbury St would be better, but it's a lively street so maybe not any quieter. Only a couple blocks to Prudential or Copley "T".

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business