5 people are viewing this hotel
$179
Free cancellation until 02/16/23
Reserve now, pay at stay
$170
Hotels.com
$170
Travelocity$170
Agoda.com$179
Priceline$179
1,004 results
All reviews bay window great location la voile room facing small hotel the hynes convention center restaurants and shops boutique hotel room was clean and comfortable street noise walking distance fenway park definitely stay here again front desk staff freedom trail mini fridge boston commons
Selected filters
Reviewed February 7, 2017

I am very VERY happy with my stay here - it is an incredible value AND it's ON Newbury Street.

First is, you get to enjoy a really nice hot breakfast on Newbury Street in Roost Café EVERY morning (attached to the hotel). Breakfast is probably a $20/value per person alone but is included for free with your stay. Breakfast is the same every morning but there are a lot of choices so you can mix it up, and it is served later than some hotels, til 9:30 am. It includes: real scrambled eggs, sausage, home fries, thick French toast, yogurt, 2 cereals, fresh cut fruit (melons, grapes, pineapple), fresh croissants, butter, jelly, oj, coffee, tea and water.

The hotel is tastefully decorated for a B&B with many impressionist works of art. There is a very large sitting area in the reception area, 24/7 coffee/tea/water bar, afternoon cookies, and a computer/printer for anyone to use. Reservations, check-in staff and management are all exceptional. I had a stock-pile of left-overs growing in my mini-fridge and they even let me use the microwave and plate ware from Roost for my left-overs.

The rooms are CLEAN and perfect: comfy firm mattress, nice down comforters with white crisp linens. Extra pillows in the closet. There's cable flat-screen tv, alarm clock, phone, mini-fridge, safe, Lord & Mayfair toiletries, plentiful towels and excellent room service.

The hotel is quieter than I expected for being directly on Newbury. It is located between 3 Green Line T Stations: Copley, Hynes Convention & Prudential. Being on Newbury, it has the best of everything at the doorstep. I've stayed here for a week, watching the Patriots win their 5th superbowl, then the parade was 1 block over. It's really been an incredible stay and I just hope all this fabulousness continues at the hotel's super low rates so that I can come back. Hotels in Boston can be expensive however the deal here, is a real deal. Enjoy!

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
6  Thank ladyselena
Raymond S, General Manager at Newbury Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2017

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to the Boston area.

Ray Spirlet

Reviewed February 5, 2017

Great location. Really. All the best shops and plenty of good restaurant and cafes were in short walking distance. Also Prudential Mall was just two minutes walk away. Breakfast was minimal - croissants were delicious though. The only huge downside was that our room had a mildew smell. When we arrived home we noticed that all our clothes were really stinky. Our room# was 307.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
newburyguesthouse, Front Office Manager at Newbury Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2017

Thank you for your review. The croissants are my favorite too. I am sorry for the inconvenience. We appreciate your business and we worked on the issue to make your stay much better next time your travels bring your back to us. We hope to see you again.

Kind Regards,

Eddie

Reviewed February 4, 2017 via mobile

The Newbury Guest House is located right on Newbury Street in the heart of the Back Bay. The shopping on Newbury is famous, the restaurants are excellent, and you're in walking distance to any of the sites in Boston.

An added bonus ... in the winter months the guest rate is very affordable. They even have a three-nights-for-the-price-of-two deal in Jan/Feb!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank Richard H

Yeeees, isn't that deal awesome?! No other hotels can beat that. And thank you for your review, It's very important to us. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to the Boston area.

Kind Regards,

Eddie

Reviewed January 30, 2017

We loved our stay at the Newbury Guest House. We did not spend too much time in the room, but the accommodations were great! The location can't be beat, the staff was friendly, the room was clean and as a bonus, the bed was extremely comfortable! We will definitely check this hotel first when booking a hotel in Boston in the future.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank CatherineA2323
Raymond S, General Manager at Newbury Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2017

Thank you for your review of our guest house. We very much appreciate your business and look forward to your return. If there is anything I can do for you in the future please do not hesitate to contact me personally.

Raymond Spirlet

Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Newbury Guest House for a night with my 14 year old daughter. We both found it to be a charming, low key place to stay. Our room on the fourth floor was comfortable, clean and quiet. We were able to check in early and left our bags in he luggage room downstairs after checking out. I highly recommend it. We would definitely stay there again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank Leslie Jill H

Thank you for your review of our guest house. We very much appreciate your business and do hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to the Boston area. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if there is ever anything I can do for you.

Raymond Spirlet