“Great Location!”

Ranked #30 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
“Great Location!”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This guest house is right in the middle of Newbury Street, and conveniently, right in the middle of most tourist attractions (pleasant 20 min walk either way to Museum of Fine Arts or the park). Newbury Street is in itself adorable, and has tons of restaurants and shops. Really the only thing I was not impressed with is the smallness of the shower, and the scratchiness of the sheets, but that's being really picky. Overall, I loved my stay!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Madison R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 18, 2014

I was in New York with my hubby 2 weeks ago & had booked to go to Boston for 2 days. Didnt know where to stay, a friend told me to stay around Boyleston Street so I found this guest house on Booking.com & let me tell you I was not disappointed one bit. The Newbury Guest House is absaloulty beautiful, It seems quite posh on first glance.

The street itself is lovely, full off designer shops e.g DKNY Burberry Tiffany’s etc.... restaurants & bars. The city centre is a bit of a walk but on a lovely day its really a beautiful walk. The room I had booked was a superior double & was quite large. Very clean, funky & new looking, I have read a few reviews & saw that renovations were being done a few years ago..... Great job cause it really looks great.

Breakfast was lovely, we both had crispy bacon scrambled egg cinnamon toast & coffee....delish!! The only reason I marked this as Very Good & not excellent is because I was awoken by my hubby at 6:30am screaming something was crawling on him. We found a centipede crawling on the bed. I toke a pic & brought it to reception, the girl on reception was mortified. She wanted to send a cleaner up to the room, I told her its dead there is no point. She then wanted to change my room, I told her we were checking out that day so there is no point in moving us. She spoke to her manager who then came back to me to say she will take $100.00 off the bill. To say I was very impressed was a understatement.

These things happen no matter where you stay whether it be a 6 star hotel or a 3 star guest house if a creepy crawly wants to get in, it will. I would not let this minor incident alter my thoughts or reviews on this guest house. When I return to Boston I will certainly be returning to The Newbury Guesthouse!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 107, beautiful room looking out on Newbury Street.
dekalb
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Good location, was easy to get around. Unfortunately we were underwhelmed.The staff couldn't be bothered with greetings and we were ignored when asked where breakfast was served. The mattress and pillows were hard and uncomfortable, but for a city hotel the room was decent size. The bathroom was clean and well maintained. for the price we had hoped for a little more.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Weaselmcpuppy
Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Stayed here for the first three nights of our "Around the World" Honeymoon before setting off to New England. Great staff on reception who were more than happy to help when my Husband got sick. Great location for shopping, sightseeing and local restaurants. We ate at a little Mexican place around the corner which was delicious. Good facilities but not your classic hotel style facilities. We stayed in a bay fronted room which had a great view.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer L
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2014

What a lovely hotel this is, modern yet quaint , clean. rooms were very comfortable, and modern. staff were great, nothing too much trouble at reception. we stayed 4 nights, after coming up from NY it was like an oasis of calm. Newbury street is full of restaurants and shops a very trendy and pretty street. hotel was handy for everything, trolley buses etc. Also the bus to the airport is literally around the corner $5 one way at the Hynes centre. Breakfast included, same everyday but welcome nonetheless. The attached restaurant ( The Roost) served good food and residents get 10% knocked off the bill. Our room faced the front and was a bit noisy at times but nothing too much. I'd say stay here but I want it to be my little secret.

Room Tip: maybe a room at the back as it can be a little noisy on the street
1 Thank Keeno62
Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 9, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this Guest House for 3 nights. The room was not spacious, but it was comfortable and very lovely. The mattress was uncomfortably firm, and I woke up with a back ache. But the next day, all the mattresses in the entire Inn were replaced! So nights 2 and 3 were more comfortable. When we arrived, the desk cleark said she had a reservation for our parking spot but not our room! Fortunately, they had availability and were able to get us in a room. The young woman at the front desk could not have been more apologetic, accommodating and gracious. The location on upscale Newbury Street in the Back Bay area of Boston is the best. You can walk to all the major sights, parks, restaurants, shopping, etc. There is also a nice little bistro attached to the Inn with wonderful food and drinks and outdoor seating. I would definitely stay here next time I go to Boston.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has the bay window; more spacious (but more expensive). We liked facing the fro...
1 Thank Lovemytravels11
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed July 27, 2014

This Newbury Street small hotel has all the characteristics we look for when coming to Boston - central location to the Back Bay and our son's family's small Commonwealth Street apartment, charm, cleanliness, friendly staff and a fabulous full breakfast. Having some parking spaces available at a small extra cost is also wonderful as parking affordably in this area is a big issue. Since we last stayed here several years ago, rooms and bathrooms have been modernized (sound proof windows, sleek furniture, flat screen TVs, etc.) and the included breakfast was brought into Roost Restaurant which directly communicates with the lobby. Coffee and tea are available 24/7 in the lobby, which is always an appreciated amenity. Step up a few steps from the hustle bustle excitement of the eateries, galleries and shops of Newbury Street into the quiet calm this lovely hotel provides.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking beautiful Newbury Street.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple