5 people are viewing this hotel
Agoda.com$209
Hilton.com$209
Prestigia.com$258
3,538 results
All reviews diamond lounge prudential center great location fenway park corner room newbury street charles river within walking distance freedom trail dalton lobby starbucks elevator conference college garage copley
Selected filters
Reviewed July 29, 2019

My 10yo son and I flew up Friday on the 6am flight; we arrived at the hotel about 9:30am. They were happy to store our bags and advised they'd try for early check-in but no promises.

While exploring the city, my kid started feeling crummy, so I called the hotel and asked again about early check-in, telling them about the kid. They said they'd put a rush on it and that I could head back that way at 1pm, but would be notified via the app. About an hour later at noon I got the notification that the room was available. This likely saved the day and possibly the weekend... doped my kid up on Tylenol and cold meds, he took a 3 hour nap, and was energized and happy for the 7:05pm first pitch at Fenway.

Overall, the hotel was nice. I paid the government per diem rate of $273 per night. At the non-discount rate of $500+ I would've felt a little ripped off for the quality of rooms and breakfast.

The breakfast was mediocre at best for such a higher end property. Standard buffet. The service was great.

The rooms were on the larger side, and had good views. We could see Fenway and the river from our 22nd floor room. Lots of room to move around. The bathrooms were tiny, and non-ventilated. A 10-min shower turned the room into a sauna; when my kid and I took back to back showers, I even got a call from maintenance asking if there was an issue because their moisture alarm went off.

Overall, this would be a great hotel and great deal in the $250-300 range, but Boston prices are just crazy. Outside of specific asks like the early check-in, the staff was ok but could use a level or two up of service for the price level of the hotel.

Room tip: Higher floors have great views
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank James A
Doug K, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2019

Thank you so much for your comments. We at Hilton Boston Back Bay pride ourselves with superior service and we are so sorry that we fell short with your visit to Boston. All comments are looked at seriously and we always present the comments to the departments affected by the responses received from our valued guests. We are very sorry we did not meet your expectations and would appreciate the opportunity to redeem ourselves at your next visit to Hilton Boston Back Bay. We are grateful we were able to accommodate an early check-in for you & your son! The next time you visit Boston, please allow us to welcome you to our property again as well as the city of Boston!

Reviewed July 28, 2019 via mobile

To get straight to the point... well kept/clean.
Rooms- good size, small bathroom
Beds- comfy; pillows are ok.
Amenities- mini fridge...always a plus!
Elevator- fast, except for check out (as so many are using them in this 26 story building)
Had a “balcony”/corner room, but doors are sealed so cannot access balcony.

Diamond/Gold members- good buffet breakfast but the staff is somewhat stiff. We Didn’t know about the omelet station at the bar until the last day and if you enjoy a soft drink at breakfast, you will need to ask as they assume you either want coffee, water, or the juice (at buffet bar).
Diamond exclusive lounge- Nice. Similar breakfast, but 24/7 access to drinks, and evening snacks.

Location- close walking distance to Fenway and convention center.
Close to Logan Express bus service (to/from
Airport- stop in front of Covention Ctr)
Close to the T (Green E) subway station, which is great for going downtown.
Summer Shack next door is a must visit, particularly if you are wanting Lobster.

Overall, great visit.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank 111rebab

Thank you so much for your comments. We at Hilton Boston Back Bay pride ourselves with superior service and we appreciate the feedback of our valued guests. All comments are shared with the departments affected by the responses received. I am sure the team will be excited to hear how they have succeeded in making your stay a memorable one. The next time you visit Boston, please contact me and I will make sure to welcome you back with the same great service you are accustomed to.

Reviewed July 28, 2019

Great sized room for our two double bed selection with plenty of space for the 3 of us to move about without banging into each other.

It looks like the whole of the hotel has been fairly recently modernised to a good standard except for the bathroom in our room. The shower was dated and quite difficult to get the required temperature.

Located right next to the Prudential shopping mall with a good selection of shops. Walk through the Sheraton next door to access the mall and get to the metro witho9ut leaving the aircon.

The sandwich shop across the road (Flour) is really good and we also found a good selection of shops and dining options out of the hotel and left. A 10 minute walk gets you to several options including Soonsie where we ate.

No upgrade for my Diamond HHonor loyalty. The Exec lounge is a nice place but snack options are very limited. We were able to use the main dining room for breakfast at the weekend but no snack options in the evening at all.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Sdbsjb

Thank you so much for your comments. We at Hilton Boston Back Bay pride ourselves with superior service and we appreciate the feedback of our valued guests. The next time you visit Boston, please allow us to l make sure to welcome you back with the same great service you are accustomed to as a loyalty Diamond member.

Reviewed July 26, 2019

Stayed here for business. The staff was amazing. Chose this hotel for the pool and location. It was an easy walk to food, entertainment, etc. Very updated features, beautiful hotel, decent pool. Parking had some bugs but was easily remedied by the helpful staff.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank themorningzoo
Reviewed July 21, 2019

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Boston Back from 7/12 to 7/15. Our purpose of our visit was a fun weekend getaway to attend a Red Sox game at Fenway Park and to explore the city of Boston. I booked the Hilton Boston Back Bay based upon research I did on TA for a hotel within walking distance to Fenway Park and of restaurants and shops. In addition as we were driving from NJ, I wanted something easy to get in and out of the city and that also had onsite parking. Hilton Back Bay fit the bill for all of our priorities. Parking was included in our AAA rate. Perfect.

Check in was super easy, the lobby is welcoming and modern and although we did not have a drink there, the lobby bar always looked busy and lively. Our king bed room was on the 11th floor. It looked like it had recently been updated. It was modern and very clean. It included a mini-fridge to store water and snacks as well as an in-room safe. There were plenty of drawers and hangers for our clothes. The only issue was the bathroom shower did not seem to have been part of the upgrade although it was clean (however, the cloth shower curtain had a little mildew on the bottom and hopefully it gets laundered soon). The shower still had “old” tiles and the shower head was old. The water pressure was awful, although there was sufficient hot water. The bed and pillows were really comfortable and the room temperature was adjustable which was a nice touch. It was very quiet at night so either the walls were very thick or our neighbors were quiet. I was surprised because the hotel was very busy. The only noise we heard was from the elevator which was not an issue for us – it was almost like white / background noise.

The location of the hotel was perfect for our needs during this trip. It was about 15 – 20 minute (max) walk to Fenway. The walk is through a nice area, which even at night when the game let out felt safe (very different from what we are used to at Yankee Stadium). In addition to the proximity to Fenway, the Hilton Boston Back Bay is only one block from the restaurants, bars and shops of Boylston Street, two blocks from beautiful Newbury Street and within a nice walking distance to the Boston Common. We did a lot of walking in this area during our 2 full days in Boston. It did not seem to be within walking distance of Faneuil Hall area – although it was pretty hot when we visited so maybe in the fall or spring it would be OK. We used cabs and Uber to visit other areas of the city.

The front desk staff was very helpful and courteous during check in, check out and when we asked for directions on how to get somewhere. The only thing that I thought was lacking was that there was no bellman to assist with luggage or to assist in calling a cab. We ended up just walking across the street to the Sheraton where many cabs were always lined up. Not a big deal I just thought it was odd for a hotel of this size to have no bell staff on site (at least not when we were down in the lobby).

All in all, we enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Boston Back Bay and if we decide to come back for another game at Fenway we would choose to stay there again and would definitely recommend to who are looking for a nice, clean hotel in a great location for baseball, restaurants and shopping.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple