“great location”

Hilton Boston Back Bay
Ranked #51 of 86 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Had an upper floor view, but the elevator wait on Saturday was not pleasant. One elevator was out of service and there was a large wedding on the premises with guests staying in the hotel and a music camp at Berklee starting so many with musical instruments as well calling for the elevator. Room was nice, roomier than some, pillows and bedding comfortable. As an HHonors member, had a nice complimentary breakfast with fresh fruit. Parking was a bit scary as the garage was undergoing renovations, but I was able to leave the car all afternoon after checking out without an additional charge. At $37 a night, I was glad I got a little more value from the charge. Had a surprisingly low rate ($119.25) with a Visa card discount. Come on Hilton, time for free wireless, $14.95 was steep.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,006)

Reviewed August 13, 2009

This is my second stay at the Hilton Boston Back Bay since I particularly like the location--very close to all the best sights in the city without being in the very dense civic quarters. I am pleased that the hotel has maintained its cleanliness and amenities and that the staff continue to be expedient and polite in a business-y (as opposed to familial) manner. I liked the pool and the jacuzzi, which were good to start the day or end one.

I got a poor room this time compared to my previous visit though. As with the other poster, mine faced the parking garage next door and the aircon ducts below. If you were to stay in this hotel, don't go for the rooms between -04 and -08, if my memory serves me right since they are oriented to these views.

Altogether still a commendable practical hotel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2009

Parked on the top level, level seven and to walk to fifth level to get elevator to the lobby. No signs of where to get elevator. narrow spaces, dead end parking we had to back out on each level and search for an empty space. Dangerous backing out. Room had a terrible view of the a roof and the parking garage, I could almost see our car. We were near the pool somewhere.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2009

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

On behalf of the hotel, please accept my sincerest apologies for any difficulties you encountered with parking. Certainly, this is not the type of experience we are striving to provide.

We were resurfacing the garage during your visit which contributed to the tight spaces and a full garage. This project is now completed and hopefully elevates the challenges.

Again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed August 6, 2009

I stayed at this hotel this past 4th of July and it was simply awesome! The room was extremely clean and spacious. There was a huge flat screen TV and a full size desk/work station. The view from our room overlooked the city. The bathroom was a decent size and the shower was really good, especially the water pressure. The Hotel staff were very nice and very helpful when we needed to rent a 10 passenger van to take us where we needed to go. The location is great for shopping, you can just walk up and down the streets and find a lot of good shops. There was one ice cream place that I can't remember the name of but it was probably some of the best ice cream I have ever had.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2009

We booked the Back Bay Hilton for one night on Priceline for an overnight after a Red Sox game. We were pleased all around, easy to find, easy parking (38?dollers/day), friendly staff, fast check-in. Our room was great-clean-great big windows overlooking the city, double stream shower etc. We walked everywhere in the city-no need for cab. We had a nightcap at the hotel bar-good cosmo but pricey. PF Changs right next door as well as the entrance to Prudential shopping mall. Great location-Great place we would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2009

I have stayed at the Back Bay Hilton about 20 times since last Fall for business. I think I have stayed in every type of room they offer over that period of time. My favorite by far is the Deluxe rooms on the corners (rooms xx15 and xx16) - they are a bit small in size, but are removed from the main hallway, which helps with the hallway noise. That is my main issue with this hotel - it is VERY noisy. You hear everything in the hallways, your neighbors, and every toilet flushing and shower running. The rooms themselves are very clean and renovated - fantastic TVs and beds. However, all that being said, I still can't get over the noise.

The location is fantastic, and my company has a corporate rate, so I have decided to just keep staying there instead of finding a less noisy alternative. The front desk and doormen are also fantastic, and the food at the restaurant is good as well. All in all - I would rate this hotel much higher if it wasn't for the noise.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2009

Very impressive Hilton. The location is great with easy access to all downtown landmarks as well as being right next door to the Sheraton and the Prudential shopping center.

The room was quite nice with updated furnishings and a comfortable bed. The flatscreen TV complete with HD programming was very nice as well. Carpeting, furnishings and hallways were updated and very nice.

Did not eat at the restaurant so cannot comment about that but there are literally hundreds of eateries and bars within a half mile of this location.

Staff was friendly and professional at all times.

This Hilton gets it done.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends