“Friendly, courteous staff”

Ranked #54 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Angelica
“Friendly, courteous staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

The hotel was really nice and the staff were exceptional! Our room was very clean and comfortable. The mornings were a bit hectic in the restaurant as there was only one person working so it took awhile to get waited on. Prices were a little high for juice and muffins as compared to some other places we have stayed. We paid quite a bit for the room per night so a continental breakfast would have been a nice perk.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 15th floor. The only negative thing I have to say is that with the location of o...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to commend our team members for providing you with excellent guest service. We are delighted that your recent stay at the Back Bay Hilton was one that exceeded your expectations and will be sure to commend our entire staff for their efforts. We would also love to sign you up as a member of our Hilton HHonors rewards programs, which offers amazing perks such complimentary Wi-Fi and an amazing continental breakfast in our Diamond Lounge! Your business and loyalty is appreciated, and we look forward to the next time you stay with us.We greatly appreciate your business and loyalty, and hope to welcome you again.

Best,
Dominique Marty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
North West England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

Loved this hotel, loved the location, the friendly staff, the rooms. We enjoyed a great three night stay here. The restaurant staff could not do enough for you and all aspects of customer care were present. Would highly recommend. Courtesy was followed up by an email to thank us.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for sharing such kind words about your stay at our hotel. Our team members, specifically our restaurant staff, will be informed of this review and will be pleased to hear that they were instrumental in providing an exceptional experience for you. We greatly appreciate such high praise as well as your choice to stay at our hotel. We are looking forward to your next visit when we will have the opportunity to build on the trust and loyalty that we have with you.

Best,
Westfield, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

We stayed at this Hilton recently for a fun getaway to see a Red Sox game - ideal location for Fenway Park- $5.00 cab ride or 20 minute walk--- that's the positive.
We arrived after a long 6 1/2 hr car ride looking forward to resting before dinner. I have some special needs for cleaning and had called the hotel two days before and again the morning we left (I leave nothing to chance). We arrived and after a fairly lengthy wait to check in went to our room and found nothing to be to our specifications. They showed us another room which was worse. I came down to speak with the manager which took 15 mins for her to finally speak with me. She assured us that everything would be fixed, saw copies of my phone call and told us it would be ready in 20-25 mins. Was nice enough to seat us in their diamond lounge but the chairs were not that comfortable- I just wanted and needed to lay down. I checked about 45 mins later and still not ready. Over an hour later we got to our room. We had to change our dinner reservations three times- fortunately the restaurant was very accommodating!In the meantime, my daughter arrived only to be told her reservation had gotten lost and they were completely sold out- really???? She switched to the "W " across town and had a glorious room and a bottle of champagne delivered complimentary (they felt badly for her situation!).
Back to the Hilton- they charge $43/nite for parking, no free WiFi in the room and soft uncomfortable beds.
Also, while they were holding our luggage while waiting for our room my camera disappeared from my suitcase.
Will never stay here again! I have had much better success with their Hampton brand but will be canceling my Hilton card and will look into other options!
A very disappointing and aggravating stay.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank trudy s
We would first like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Hilton Boston Back Bay. We always appreciate guest feedback and continuously take comments into consideration as we strive to improve our guest service experience. I sincerely apologize for all your issues at our property and appreciate your feedback. My number one priority is the health and safety of our Guests. Please contact our Front Office Director directly at 617-867-6095 so he can speak directly with you about this issue.

Miramar, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

I am a longtime Hilton Honors member but clearly that means little to this hotel. Having requested an early check in I arrived at 7 am having flown all night from Los Angeles only to find that the hotel had oversold by four rooms. (why a hotel books more rooms than it has is still beyond me) The night clerk took my number and told me to wait in the lobby to be notified. I fell asleep and awoke two hours later to find a new clerk who had no idea who I was or why I was there. Apparently the other clerk had left and did not notify anyone I was waiting. I again gave my number to this clerk and then waited another hour. I began to notice guest after guest checking in and went back to the desk to ask if there was a room for me only to be told that my room was not ready. I then demanded a room and an hour later I still did not have a room. Finally at 10:30 am I saw another guest checking in and confronted the clerk who said that they were just about to get a room for me. It still took another half hour. This was only the beginning of the worst hotel stay I have ever had in a Hilton.

1. No mini bar.
2. No premium movies or other television services (although I was later told I was given a premium room)
3. I stayed for 7 days and my sheets were not changed the entire week even though I had spilled some coffee and ketchup on the pillow case. Apparently the maid just flipped the pillow over to hide the stain.
4. I was charged the wrong room rate, having booked the hotel as part of a convention. I demanded the correct rate and was told simply that I had booked wrong. Apparently the extra $450.00 that was charged to me is so important that Hilton would rather lose all of my companies future business.
5. Sundries shop was in disarray and never fully stocked even thought I asked each night for stocking of the drinks.
6. Room service was from a minimal menu and was horribly prepared and not what was ordered.
7. Restaurant and bar shut down at 11:30 pm each night.

Across the street was the Sheraton where I should have stayed. Full bar, bull menu, great service and caring about their customers. Stayed open late for dining and drinks and generally what one would expect from a hotel of this caliber in a major city.

Don't waste your time or money at this horrible representation of the Hilton Brand.

Room Tip: My tip is don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Robert S
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
We would first like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Hilton Boston Back Bay. We always appreciate guest feedback and continuously take comments into consideration as we strive to improve our guest service experience. Secondly, we would like to apologize for your sheets not being replaced. This review has been brought to the attention of the Director of Housekeeping, and he has addressed the Housekeeping team. Third, we would like to apologize for the issues that arose concerning your check in and incorrect room rate. This review has been brought to the attention of our Revenue Analyst and will be review with the Hilton reservation center. We hope that you will reconsider your decision on staying with another hotel in Boston because we would love to have the opportunity to make it right for you. It is important that we accommodate all your needs and welcome you to stay with us again.

Freeland, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

We travelled through Boston on way to Amherst for wife's class reunion. Can't say enough good things about staff, accommodations and even valet service. Gigantic underground shopping mall with food andtop-of-the-line stores right across the street.

A great top of the Hilton stay with wonderful views.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review about your stay at the Hilton Boston Back Bay. We are glad you chose to stay with us while attending your wife's reunion, as there are a great number of hotels to choose from in Boston. Our team members will enjoy hearing about this detailed account of your wonderful experience with us and will be more than happy to welcome you again soon.
Massapequa, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

The location of this hotel is a good one. Easily walk to all the restaurants and hot spots on Boyleston street. The hotel has a very very very busy lobby but the desk and bell hops work hard to keep things in order. The room is extremely quiet and dark making for a good nights sleep. GREAT breakfast, but get a coupon, the cost was $50 for 2 people! Parking is $43 for overnight, but all to be expected in the bigger US cities. The towels in our room were not clean and had quite a bit of hair on them! Also in this day and age I was appalled by the fact that wi-fi was not free in the room. The hotel could use updating all around. The elevator to the garage was broken when we checked out and they had no back up plan to get the guests to their cars.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the old government bldgs, very quiet
1 Thank TeriV18
Thank you for taking the time and effort to write a review on your recent stay with us. We are thrilled that your recent stay with us exceeded your expectations and would like to apologize for the elevator to the garage being down during your stay. It is most unfortunate that those issues disrupted your stay. We would secondly like to apologize for the cost and service of our Wi-Fi. For your next stay with us, please enjoy the excellent coverage of our complimentary Wi-Fi located throughout our lobby, Starbucks, and restaurant, Forty Dalton. We would also love to sign you up as a member of our Hilton HHonors rewards programs, which offers amazing perks such complimentary Wi-Fi. Your business and loyalty is appreciated, and we look forward to the next time you stay with us.
Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

My family and I just spent three nights at the Hilton Boston Back Bay. The rooms were fine...I think it's an older property and it could use some sprucing up, but it was clean and comfortable. The location of this hotel is the biggest selling point. For families with kids, the Prudential Center is just across the street; there are abundant meal options for all parts of the day. You can easily avoid the extremely overpriced Starbucks in the hotel. Also an easy walk to Fenway and two T stops within 2-3 blocks.

The service was generally good...a few small hiccups in the finer details. We had arrived slightly early and were supposed to be texted when our room was ready, but that text never came. It also seemed that the bellmen had issues finding stored luggage on both ends of our trip (to be fair, there was a lot of stored luggage). Little things, but room for improvement there.

The fitness room was very well appointed, and though we didn't use the pool, that looked good as well. Overall, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: High floor for best views
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your experience at the Back Bay Hilton. Making the most out of our convenient location is easy, with our hotel being in the heart of the Back Bay just steps away from some of the best eateries, shopping and transportation in Boston. We always appreciate guest feedback and continuously take comments into consideration as we strive to improve our guest service experience. It is important that we accommodate all your needs and would love for you to stay with us again so we can make it right and your next review on us will be 5 stars.