“Pretty good stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 82 Hotels in Boston
New Jersey
“Pretty good stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was my first time to Boston and I was glad I pick this hotel as it was in walking distance to some great restaurants and the mall. Check-in was quick and the lobby is nice with seating, a business center, and coffee bar. The room was clean with a pretty good view of the city and the window open for those times when I wanted to get fresh air. The room had a small refrigerator and a little coffee machine with a few bottles of Spring water. I self-parked and there was plenty of parking. Also, a few times I preferred a taxi as opposed to driving in the city and someone was always readily available to get a cab for me. Everyone was really nice and helpful. The only problems I had were the white towels and bed comforters had lots of stains. I know there is only so much they can do to clean it, but at some point you have to throw stuff out or maybe change your color scheme And the other issue was during my stay only 1 of the 3 elevators was working and there were a lot of people waiting sometimes between 5-10 minutes. Overall it was a good stay and I would recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: A room on a high floor is best
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 stars
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for leaving us such an approving review of your experience at the Hilton Boston Back Bay. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay as well as our staff and amenities in the hotel. I do apologize about our towels and bed comforters. I have made our Director of Housekeeping aware of this issue and I thank you for letting us know! We appreciate your business and loyalty and look forward to the next time you stay with us.

Dominique Marty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Dusseldorf, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Rooms are spacious, beds are very comfortable and view is great. Feels a bit old though. Especially, the bathroom seems to be a bit dated. Definitely needs refurbishing. Staff is friendly and helpful. Location is good for convention. Breakfast restaurant has good quality hot items. A very nice Food Court is also within walking distance (5-10 mins) in the nearby mall. And a Starbucks is located at the lobby level. What you get is, however, not worth the price you pay (350-400 USD per night). If this location is very important for business/convention then this would be a good option but for a private stay, I would consider something cheaper and newer and perhaps better located for exploring the city (near metro stop or near downtown Boston).

• 2 of 5 stars
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 stars
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to commend our team members for providing you with excellent guest service.We will also be sure to inform our chef, along with his culinary team, know that the food you had was amazing. I am very sorry that you didn't find our location to your liking. We do hope you decide to give us another chance to to show you how wonderful our location is in the city of Boston. Our knowledgeable Concierge staff would be able to inform you of two different Subway stops as well as numerous Buses that are less than a 5 minute walk from our hotel, not to mention Fenway Park and Newbury St. within walking distance too. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you soon.

Mass
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My family stayed here while attending a sox game. from the moment we walked in the service was A++++. We had a room with a great view. the room was a decent size for a family of 4. the beds were comfortable.there are plenty of things to do within walking distance. Fenway is only a 15min walk. Will stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Location
2 Thank abercrombie9701
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to commend our team members for providing you with excellent guest service. We are delighted that your recent stay at the Back Bay Hilton was one that exceeded your expectations and will be sure to commend my staff for their efforts.Our team prides themselves for showing our Hilton Values and culture. We greatly appreciate your business and loyalty, and hope to welcome you again.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This is a convenient business hotel. It's absolutely OK for business travel. Even though it's very clean, it looks tired and it feels tired.
The work-out facility is wonderful. The HH lounge is very nice. The staff is friendly.

• 4 of 5 stars
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our excellent location, Fitness Center and Diamond Lounge. We are absolutely thrilled you took the time and effort to share your experience at our property with you. We are continually looking for new ways to improve and your opinion regarding upgrades will be taken into account. We hope you will stay with us on your next visit to our beautiful city and take full advantage of our prime location. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed for 4 nights when we only booked 2 nights. The service was superb! We only stay mostly at Hilton's and this one had the most friendly and helpful front office staff of all the 7* Hilton's we stay, as well as the lady at the Hhonors gold lounge for breakfast, etc..The front office manager Tommy provided the best customer service ever, and Benjamin at the front desk was very helpful as well in helping me find the perfect room for our family. We asked for a full view of the Charles River and we sure got that! Breathtaking views! We stayed in 2507 I believe for 2 nights, and when we asked to extend our visit we were upgraded to the penthouse directly above our room (2607??)for our last 2 nights thanks to the front desk manager Tommy. We did NOT want to leave! I'd be happy living there for a month. The boys walked to a Red Sox game 2 nights in a row, we picked up the old Towne trolly daily which comes/goes every 10 minutes (ask concierge for details), we used the back bay T stop & saw all of Boston. We both went to college in Boston, and this is a nice, SAFE area which is HUGE for me! It was our first time taking our children to Boston to visit our home, from NC and we will definitely stay at this hotel on our next trip, and my husband on his future business trips. This is the first Trip Advisor review I've ever taken the time to right. We just really appreciated the way we were treated.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for sharing such kind words about your stay at our hotel. Our team members, Tommie & Ben will be informed of this review and will be pleased to hear that they were instrumental in providing an exceptional experience for you. We greatly appreciate such high praise as well as your choice to stay at our hotel. We are looking forward to your next family visit to our property!

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I stay at the Hilton Boston Back Bay for conferences in Boston or Cambrdige. It certainly has the infrastructure to host these events and it does it well. The lobby is massive and the front desk is capable of handling an entire plane load of guests without batting an eyelid.

The rooms are spacious and well kept. On the down side, the hotel can get noisy and crowded all day. It lacks the intimacy of a home away from home. Very convenient for business but less so for a holiday.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review about your stay at the Hilton Boston Back Bay. We are glad you chose to stay with us for conferences, as there are a great number of hotels to choose from in Boston. I do want to sincerely apologize for the traffic around our hotel that can make some noise at times. We aim to provide you, as a loyal guest, with the best experience possible so we appreciate the feedback you provided.

Northampton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The conference I attended was at the Hilton and we received a reduced rate for attending. The property was easy to get to off the Turnpike. My room was a decent size, for the city, very clean and comfortable. I called for a regular blanket, as I despise duvet covers, and housekeeping brought one up right away. I can't think of a single thing that I didn't like about my stay. The conference facility was just fine too, except the air conditioning was too cool for my liking. Very friendly and helpful staff. I would stay here again.

Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to post a positive review about your stay at the Hilton Boston Back Bay. We are glad you chose to stay with us for your conference, as there are a great number of hotels to choose from in Boston. Our team members will enjoy hearing about this detailed account of your wonderful experience with us and will be more than happy to welcome you again soon.