“Amazing!”

Hilton Boston Back Bay
Ranked #53 of 83 Hotels in Boston
“Amazing!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We came to Boston to visit the college that our daughter will be attending in the fall. There was no hassle when we booked our room, and were always greeted with happy smiles. We frequently had questions about the city, places to eat, and directions and there was always someone there with a quick kind response. For example, we wanted to take a tour and John at the desk in front of the business center recommended the perfect trolly service and recommended what ticket to buy based on the experience we were hoping to receive. There was wonderful service all around and we recommend this hotel to anyone planning to visit Boston!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Grace B
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
On behalf of my team, thank you very much for your very gracious review. We will print and post on our Team Member bulletin board so all can read your kind comments. I consider myself very fortunate to work with a bunch of true professionals. We hope to see you in the Fall when you move your daughter in!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 26, 2014

When in Boston, I only stay at the Hilton Back Bay. Emely Almonte, and the Hilton staff provide 1st class customer service. I believe that this is what sets this hotel apart from the rest in Boston.

Although, I recommend that frequent travelers join Hilton rewards. The truth is... You don't need to be a Diamond, in order to be treated like one. Thanks Emely!

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your experience at the Back Bay Hilton. I appreciate you taking the time to compliment the team and, in particular ,Emely Almonte on her dedication to our guests and making sure you had everything you needed during your stay. I am fortunate to have a great team that focuses on taking care of our guests. look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to Boston soon!
Rochester, New York
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We visit Boston about 3 times a year and we always stay at this hotel. The location is great! The hotel staff is always courteous and friendly. Our last visit was mid April and we had breakfast in the Diamond lounge the 3 mornings we were there. The continental breakfast offers much more than just the typical bagels, cereal, and fruit. Additional items are eggs, bacon, and sausage. All were very tasty. And then there was the wonderful service with a big smile. Jasoda Ramcharran was especially attentive to assure that we had a pleasant experience. Which we definitely did!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your experience at the Back Bay Hilton. I appreciate you taking the time to compliment Jasoda on her dedication to our guests! I am fortunate to have a great team that focuses on taking care of our guests, and I thank you for noting it!
Vancouver Island, Canada
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed at the Back Bay Hilton for two nights and it has everything that I love in a hotel - friendly, professional & helpful staff, uber-comfy beds, solid wifi, wonderful views, perfect location, clean bathrooms and fluffy towels. There is a Starbucks and eatery in the lobby and Boylston Street is just a block away so the best food in Boston is within walking distance, as is some wicked shapping and the finish line for the Boston Marathon. I forgot shaving cream and within 3 minutes of phoning downstairs, there was someone at my door with shaving cream in hand. The room service I ordered was prompt and delicious....yes, I was a sucker for the Boston Clam Chowder but hey, when in....Rome?

Room Tip: The top floors have amazing views....
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to compliment our staff for their dedication to our guests! Having some of our wonderful Clam Chowder from our Forty Dalton Restaurant and experiencing our Boston Marathon, which is just a few blocks away from our hotel is just one of the many perks that make the Hilton Back Bay a perfect place for our Guests. I look forward to welcoming you back to the 119th Boston Marathon!
Raymond, Mississippi
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Every year my husband and I travel from the Deep South to Boston for the marathon. This is his 8th run here in Boston and we've always tried to find hotels that fit us and our needs. This year were were fortunate enough to book our hotel on points! Our room on the 21st floor was clean and spacious with a gorgeous view to the left, right, and middle except for one roof top being roofed. It was easy enough to crop this out for pictures. I can't say enough for the hotel staff and for JASODA RAMCHARRAN
who help us every morning in the Diamond Lounge. She and her staff were on there toes on the busiest and most demanding weekend of the year serving up a wonderful breakfast buffet to a hungry bunch of runners and their biggest fans. Thank you, Jasoda, you are my shining star. Keep smiling and know that you have my admiration for a job well done..

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Laree713
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your experience at the Back Bay Hilton. I appreciate you taking the time to compliment the team, and in particular our Diamond Lounge Attendant Jasoda. I am fortunate to have a great team that focuses on taking care of our guests, and I thank you for noting it! I look forward to welcoming you and your husband next year to the Boston Marathon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 18, 2014

The hotel is in a great location in Boston close to a myriad of shopping, eateries and pubs. About a 10 minute walk from the Boston Back Bay Amtrak station. It’s about a 15 minute walk to Fenway Park as well.

For the most part, the staff is great. They were very helpful with requests and suggestions. However, I’d nitpick a bit in adaptability. This hotel has no true suites. As a Hilton Diamond member, that is a little disappointing as being upgraded is one of our perks. We were offered either a room with 2 beds and a rollaway to accommodate 3 guys or a Parlor Suite that was 3 times bigger than the room but only has a couch pullout bed and the need for 2 rollaways. We chose the 2 beds just to find that a parlor suite is not only next door to our room, but has an actual entrance from our room. When we inquired about taking both, we were quoted a price of $300.00 extra per night for use of the suite which we declined, and the suite was empty for the duration of our stay. I understand the logistical dilemma of having to clean some extra space, but if you don’t have a guaranteed amenity due to build rather than space, this seemed like a simple request. I realize that this is a very “Do you know who I am?!?” complaint, but it was a little disappointing. However, the hotel did not charge us for an extra person or the rollaway we used for both nights, so they get definite points for that.

The rooms are basic and little on the smaller side. The bathroom is the same. I weep for the housekeeper that had to walk into our little Guy-nado we left for them every morning with clothes and suitcases sprawled about and furniture shoved into the corner to make room for the rollaway bed. The bathrooms are also a bit small with a shower/tub combo.

The Diamond lounge is pleasant with snacks throughout the day and free juice/soda/water. The couches were comfortable and the TVs were large and plentiful. However, the breakfast amenity left a lot to be desired. Another Elite perk is having free breakfast at the hotel restaurant. Our vouchers entitled us to a continental breakfast in the lounge, which we were afforded anyway by having access, or the ability to upgrade to the restaurant for an additional $10.00 per person. The only difference between the two options were some potatoes and being served by a waiter. We chose the “free” option, which was more of a continental plus with hot items such as bacon, sausage links and eggs.

Overall, we had a pleasant stay and my complaints are more based on the ability to use my Elite status than the hotel itself. I thought that the price was a little high for what we got, but it was on par with other hotels in the area for the weekend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Spankytoes
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a detailed response of your experience at the Back Bay Hilton. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I recently stayed for one night for a business meeting. The hotel is close to the Back Bay Amtrak Station and was thus easily accessible. The front desk was very friendly and helpful, and the room was clean and well-appointed. Would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your room and that our staff took such great care of you! Making the most out of our convenient location is easy, with our hotel being in the heart of the Back Bay just steps away from some of the best eateries, shopping and transportation in Boston. I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of it! We look forward to welcoming you back next time you're on business!