“Great location - Very nice service”

Hilton Boston Back Bay
Ranked #50 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This past week I returned to The Hilton Boston Back Bay. It is a solid hotel experience. Exactly what you would want from a Hilton. Nice room, great service, premium location.

One noteworthy experience. I had a small presentation in PowerPoint format that I needed to print (about 13 pages). I stopped into a Fedex Kinkos by Copley Square and they wanted $1.99 per page. Not wanting to spend $28 on 13 pieces of paper, I then returned to the Hilton Back Bay. As I walked through the lobby, I noticed the Business Center is integrated directly with an area of the lobby. To my delight, they had a color HP printer and I was able to print my presentation at no charge. Small, but meaningful experiences like this is what I look for in my hotels.

I will definitely return to HBBB!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Hilton Boston Back Bay. We are very happy to hear that you are a returning customer and appreciate your loyalty and that you got the chance to take advantage of our premium location. We truly believe that the little things make a big difference and are thrilled to hear that our business center was able to come in handy for you. We do everything we can to assist our guests and try to give them experiences that exceed their expectations. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to the Boston area when you return in the future!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was in Boston for a Board Meeting and the hotel was situated very conveniently for the business part of the stay. The real advantage though is that it is close to restaurants, stores and all sorts of other things. I was on the 23rd floor with a corner room that was in good condition with a nice view. The shape of the room meant that it could not accommodate a desk but the table by the couch worked just fine. The bed was comfortable, the lighting good and the bathroom water pressure decent. I had a complimentary wifi package that worked at good speeds and the one day that I ordered breakfast in the room it arrived on time and cooked as ordered.
The exercise facility was good and the bar area cheerful enough if you were with a group, which I was. Overall I thought this was a good hotel where the prices are probably dictated by the land value. I would probably not stay there for a personal visit but as a business hotel for a couple of nights it was good. I would have given it an extra half star if it was allowed because I think it was above average.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to review your recent business trip with us at the Hilton Boston Back Bay. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your room and got the chance to experience the real Hilton comfort and hospitality. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back to Boston should you return to the area in the future!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Hilton Back Bay is in the Heart of lots to do and close to the convention Center. However NEVER stay on the th floor. Same floor as pool and spa and the cleaning staff is up very early and talks loud.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Meagan S

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Boston Back Bay. We are very happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location. We do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered due to noise issues, we take our guest satisfaction very seriously and we truly appreciate your feedback. We hope to get the chance to welcome you back to Boston should your return to the area in the future!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Our family of 6 persons stayed here late October 2013. We had room only so I cannot comment on food. The hotel room was clean, a good size and had everything the average family would require. We had no complaints with check in or check out and the staff were very helpful. It is located across the road from the Prudential shopping centre which means that you can always get out and about whatever the weather. We had breakfast in Au Bon Pain in the Prudential Centre which was accessible through the Sheraton Hotel. There are 2 excellent restaurants in the PC, Cheesecake Factory and Legal Seafood as well as lots of good shops. The location of the Hilton is just off Boylston St and since we walked most places during our stay it was fine but some people might prefer to be a little closer to Boston Common if they don't like walking. I would not hesitate to use the Hilton again in Boston.

Room Tip: We simply asked our travel agent to sort out rooms given our specific requirements. We always ask fo...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Vincent1609

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Boston Back Bay. We are thrilled to hear that you and your family were able to take advantage of our convenient location and really explore the heart of Boston. It is always a pleasure to hear that our staff has shown guests the real Hilton Hospitality as that is somethine we continuously strive for. We hope to get the chance to welcome you back to Boston should you choose to travel to the area in the future!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

It was a good hotel stay overall. Great staff and who were very efficient. It is is a great location city-wise where you have easy access to good restaurants, shopping, etc in walking distance. They are good hosts with light refreshments in the lobby and staff around the clock. There were noisy points, such as hearing showers/bathroom uses through the wall but if your a deep sleeper then that's not a problem.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience here at the Hilton Boston Back Bay. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location and had positive experiences in our lobby including the amenities and our staff! We apologize for the noise problems you encountered but we certainly appreciate your feedback. We hope that we get the chance to welcome you back to Boston should you return to the area in the future!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Definitely overpriced for what you get. I was expecting a lot more for a $400/night hotel.

Service in the hotel was at best average; I think they only had 1-2 people working the front desk and one porter who was overwhelmed when I arrived and left. And for $400/night, breakfast wasn't even included. Rooms were clean, but nothing special. Bathrooms definitely needed updating; reminded me of a bathroom in a Days Inn that I had stayed at recently.

On-site gym was not bad, and the location is good. Really expected more from a $400/night Hilton hotel. Felt like it should have cost about $150 max.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank entropy_h

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed response of your recent stay at the Hilton Boston Back Bay. We apologize that your experience did not live up to your expectations but we appreciate your feedback and will take it in to consideration as we continue to improve our guest experiences. We hope you will give us a second chance should you return to Boston in the future!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

This was our second time in Boston. The hotel was close to many of the places we wanted to see. It's a Hilton, so you kind of know what your going to get. Nice open lobby, polite staff and a Starbucks.

The rooms are spacious and tidy, loved the night light in the bathroom. Liked the set up.

Downsides: this hotel is noisy! If it's not the air con, it's people. All night.

They charge $41 a night to park. Pretty expensive in my opinion.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Mrs A

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience at the Hilton Boston Back Bay. We were very happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location and that you had positive experiences with our staff and the lobby amenities. We do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise and we will take your comments into consideration. We would love to welcome you back to our hotel should you return to the Boston area!