“Great fitness facility. Clean, quiet & comfortable, friendly staff”

Hilton Boston Back Bay
Ranked #52 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Chatham, New Jersey
“Great fitness facility. Clean, quiet & comfortable, friendly staff”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed two nights for PLRB conference across the street. Hotel is a little older but clean & comfortable with easy access to conference center via Sheraton across the street. Was amazed at large fully functional fitness center with great views of falling snow & good size pool. Ladies room was really locker room with working medical scale & lockers & shower. Key features for me in hotel. Staff very helpful & friendly. Also, very quiet. Slept well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your candid review of your recent stay with us. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope that next time you’re in Boston you will consider staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Good location in Boston Back Bay district, which is good shopping area, with walking access to Boston Common. Just opposite the Sheraton, which gives direct access into the Prudential Center and Boylston Street, good places to eat, shop and the 'T' Underground network. Nice lobby, with Internet access, though charges extra in the rooms. Decent pool and gym, open 24 hrs, not cheap, but I'd certainly stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, I am very happy to see you had such a great stay with us and you were able to enjoy the fitness center and the gym! We look forward to welcoming you back to Boston in the near future!
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed one night when visiting on personal business. I stayed on the 24th floor and it was very quiet. The bathroom was very clean and the beds were comfortable. There was no hairdryer in the unit which surprised me but isn't a big deal. I got a free voucher for breakfast since it was my first stay and they threw in another for my husband. The coffee was good and the breakfast was decent. There is a starbucks in the lobby with wifi.

The location is convenient witha subway 1.5 blocks away. You can cross the street and cut through the Sheraton and get to a large mall and subway. It was freezing when I was there so this was convenient. There are chain restaurants in the mall (e.g. Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs) but you can walk one - two blocks for other options.

Overall a good visit and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: It was pleasant to look out over the city from the upper floors.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your recent review regarding your stay with us. I am very happy to see you enjoyed your guestroom along with Breakfast in Forty Dalton. I am glad you had such a great stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Boston soon!
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed March 19, 2013

clean, comfortable and in a good, convenient location. No hot water one morning and the front desk apologized for the inconvenience and offered us free breakfast buffet while they worked on correcting the problem. Hot water was back on after breakfast. No complaints, and seemed to be good value for the area. Not fancy but nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very happy to see you had such a great stay however I am sincerely sorry for the trouble with the hot water! We look forward to welcoming you back to Boston in the near future!
La Granja de San Ildefonso, Spain
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

This si a really good hotel in a Vero good Place in Boston very close to the train station and Downtown. The Room si large with a King size bed, good bathroom and very nice views.
Available free wifi at th lobby, something that I do not understand thinking about the price for one night when free wifi is not available in the room.

Starbucks in the hotel, good... For breakfast.

Good location near the shopping area and at 20 mns from airport by car.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. It is through such feedback that we are able to continually improve our property to exceed the needs of our guests. I am very happy to see you had such a great stay with us and I will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff!
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Me & my wife stayed here and celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. the staff was fantastic and the hotel & room was very nice and clean and comfortable. i will come back again. fantastic location close to big shopping mall and walking distance to boylston & newbury st

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank douglaspjacobs
I am very happy to see our staff took such great care of you for your special occasion and that you found the guest room to your liking! We look forward to welcoming you back to The Hilton Boston Back Bay upon your next visit to Boston!
Providence, RI
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This particular property lives up to the Hilton's reputation On January 20, 2013, stayed in room 2116 and had a great view of Boston Back Bay. The room itself is is unique layout. King Size bed, fridge, Flat Screen TV... The bathroom had a huge Dual Shower and well kept up. The customer service was fantastic. As I was waiting in the lobby, a Hilton agent made sure I was welcomed, and if i needed anything, to just ask. She thanked me for choosing their hotel. Great area to have quick food and nice lounge for business clients. I no sooner entered my room, and I received a call from the front desk to make sure my room was satisfactory.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking a moment to complete a review following your stay with us. I am very happy to see you were able to experience true Hilton Hospitality during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Boston in the near future!