“Great conference hotel”

Hilton Boston Back Bay
Ranked #52 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've stayed in a lot of hotels for conferences, and this is one of the nicest. From the well-appointed rooms to the free bottles of water, the Hilton goes the extra step, despite having a somewhat captive audience. Would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank skyvoid
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay with us. I am very happy to see you were able to experience true Hilton Hospitality and that you found the amenities to your liking! We look forward to welcoming you back to The Hilton Boston Back Bay upon your next visit to Boston!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,955)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed one night at the Hilton Back Bay, Boston, for Valentine's Day. The hotel is situated close to many restaurants and shops. If it wasn't so cold out we probably would have done more outside exploring. Our room was nicely decorated and clean, and we had a Charles River water view which was nice, as well.
We arrived at 3 pm only to find our room was not ready. when it was, 40 minutes later, the check in service lacked information other than room number and key. No mention about internet wifi, ( even though we found the pw wrapped in the key envelope and being a Hilton Honor Member we got 1 invite for breakfast, with nothing being said about that.
If i had to chose another Hilton in Boston would probably stay at Logan Airport. We liked it there much better.

Room Tip: request a room on upper floors facing The Charles River.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

I appreciate your review of your recent experience here at the Hilton Boston Back Bay. I'm very sorry that you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional Guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Well located across the street from The Pru and the T station, 5 min walk to Boylston and just a few minutes more to Newberry Street w/all the shops and restaurants. Our King Corner was spacious with a mini fridge, complementary in room bottled water and tea/coffee machine and a GREAT view of Back Bay (20th floor). Bed and linens were comfy and it was a very quiet room which was awesome seeing we were there for R&R on a grown-ups weekend. There is a pool and hot tub as well as nice fitness center on the 7th floor (we did not use, just stopped by to check it out). Would definitely bring my kids back.

Rooms were well cleaned by housekeeping. Most staff were very friendly (our check in person was quite dull but not rude).

The only reason we did not give this hotel a 5 Star rating is unfortunately, both Saturday and Sunday we had no hot water by mid morning for showers (though an evening shower proved differently, and the shower was lovely). I am hoping this is something that is corrected as that is a dealbreaker. I will say after a post on their FB page, management got right back to me. While we were there, I did call the front desk Saturday morning and I was told that w/a lot of people taking showers, that was likely the reason. However, I would imagine a well established, large hotel chain would have this figured out. Not sure if it was just an issue that weekend as I did not see any other reviews indicating so.

We got a great deal on this room on Expedia ($111/night) and would consider calling the hotel directly next time to see what they had to offer. If the hot water was not an issue, I would have absolutely given this hotel a 5 star rating.

Room Tip: Avoid using the parking at $41/day...we came via the T to the Prudential Station and it was quick 5...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the water temperature. We encountered an issue with our water heater and it was quickly addressed, however I apologize that it wasn't resolved sooner. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us the next time you return to Boston!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I spent a night here with my teenage daughter while in the area to tour BU, Northeastern and Brandeis. I got a pretty good deal through AAA which included parking. The Hilton parking lot is connected to the hotel and we were able to leave the car there till 5:00 pm even though the checkout time was noon. This was a great convenience since parking in Boston can be challenging. Our room was spacious, comfortable and very quiet. Overall, a very pleasing stay and Thornton's around the corner was a good bet for breakfast.

Room Tip: We asked for an upper level room with a good view and it turned out to be very spacious.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Boston Back Bay and for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel! We appreciate your feedback and hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have stayed here a couple times to go to Red Soxs games or a night out in Boston. It was an easy walk to Fenway and even closer to many bars and night clubs. It was a clean hotel lobby and rooms. Parking was also easy, but does come at an expense. I have always had a good night sleep while here. The views are amazing in the right room too!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Boston in the near future!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I spent 3 nights at this hotel on a business trip to a meeting at the nearby convention center. My room was quite pleasant -- super-comfortable bed, and a nice chaise longue for reading or working in, plus a comfy desk chair. The bathroom was nice enough, the storage better than most, and the in-room mini-fridge was certainly appreciated (though "mini" is to be taken seriously in this case). Internet fees are extortion at $15/day, as is sadly all too common in places like this. (Yes, manager-who-responds-to-TripAdvisor-reviews: it's free in the lobby, I realize, but you know that's beside the point; no need to make excuses for your overlords, as this gouging is not your choice.) From my room on the Sheraton side of the building it was sometimes possible to pick up the free wifi from the Sheraton meeting rooms across the street, but the signal was rather faint. Something that I liked about this hotel was the way that the lobby/business center/coffee bar was set up. It was neither the closet-sized "business center" room that one finds in many hotels, nor the noisy bar that one finds in many others. It felt more like a welcoming cafe area where one could hang out with friends, or work alone, at any time of day. The Starbucks booth there is convenient, though glacially slow -- if in a hurry, you might do better to walk across the street to get coffee at the much bigger Sheraton. I liked the location - the convention center and Prudential Mall can be accessed via the Sheraton across the street, and it's a one block walk to the Mass Ave / Boylston St area near Berklee College of Music that has many convenient eateries. Good range of fancier and not at all fancy places to eat within a couple of blocks.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and very happy to hear you enjoyed our guest rooms and business center. I am very happy to see you had such a great stay with us and I will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

have previously stayed in sheraton- this one is nice. some of the hallway decor is a little dated but overall the location is superb=just walk out and you are near Newbury street and the Pru Center. The doorman was so ncie he grabbed a toothbrush forus because the front desk was busy; the front desk people were super friendly. having Starbux in the lobby was just great because sometimes you don't want a huge heavy breakfast. the staff there was super friendly too and they were handing out little cups of hot chocolate. we happened to get a great rate on hotels.com for a last minute reservation but would stay here again. it's so close to everything and the staff is nice. the park=it yourself isnice because at the last minute we decided to stay in the boston area after we checked out and we had the parking until 7 the day we checked out which was very convenient to have. thegym is one of the best I've seen andasI recall no extra fee. great work out facilities and free weights and machines.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

It is through such feedback that we are able to continually improve our property to meet and exceed the needs of our guests. I am very happy to see you had such a great stay with us and I will be sure to pass along your comments to our staff! We look forward to welcoming you back to Boston in the near future!