We spent four nights in a standard double-double room at the Back Bay Hilton the week before Thanksgiving and had a great time! Some "pros":
* Location! Close to a lot of cool stuff, including the Prudential Center mall (accessible through the lobby of the Sheraton across the street), Newbury Street, Copley Square, and public transportation. It was only about a fifteen-minute walk to the Museum of Fine Arts!
* Price--although in Boston this is all relative
* Friendly and attentive staff. They go out of their way to help. We didn't hear the word "no" our entire stay. When we had a tiny bit of trouble checking in, the front desk gave us a coupon for free wireless internet (which is spottty, but at what hotel isn't it spotty?). Genuinely nice people on the Back Bay Hilton staff
* Relatively big rooms compared to other Back Bay hotels at which I've stayed
* Clean bathrooms with nice toiletries
* World-record level water pressure in the showers! Wow!
* A Starbucks in the lobby!
* A small but well-equipped fitness center and pool/whirlpool
* As others have noted, the walls are not exactly soundproof. You can hear people talking in the next room, and the jet engine-like toilet flush noise from next door woke me up early on a couple of mornings
* Rather small and cramped lobby (not good for people watching, if you're into that)
One other note: there are only three elevators, and in other reviews, I read complaints about how slow they are. We never waited more than two minutes for an elevator during our stay, and the hotel seemed to be pretty full. Several times we walked into the lobby and found an empty elevator waiting for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Boston Back Bay is an up-scale hotel in downtown Boston, across the street from the Hynes Convention Center in the neighborhood of Back Bay. This Boston hotel's downtown location is within walking distance to Fenway Park, world-class shopping and dining on Newbury Street and four miles from Boston Logan International Airport. This Boston hotel features 390 guest rooms, and indoor pool and whirlpool, fitness center and over 15,000 sq.ft. of flexible event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com and Odigeo so you can book your Hilton Boston Back Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Boston Back Bay Hotel Boston
- Hilton Hotel Boston
- Boston Hilton