“Really nice hotel, well located to the T.”

Hilton Boston Back Bay
Ranked #50 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here apart from one niggly thing. We travelled around New England for 10 days and every B&B/hotel we stayed in offered complimentary WiFi unfortunately this hotel doesn't unless you are gold/premium members. It's a really handy tool for planning trips etc. They do offer terminals in the lobby but its not private so if you want to bank online its not ideal.

• Stayed: October 2012
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

We appreciate your feedback regarding the speed and cost of our wireless internet service. We apologize that it did not work well during your stay. While we do charge an additional fee for wireless internet, we strive to be competitive with other hotels and offer quality services and amenities in our guest rooms. We hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was our first time in Boston and our first stop on our honeymoon. When we arrived after a long flight from the UK, we were met by a surly receptionist who wasn't at all friendly. She asked for our ID and credit card and gave us no information about the hotel, the facilities, the times for breakfast etc. I am pleased to say that this must have been a one off as everyone else we spoke to during our 4 day trip was extremely warm and friendly.
We stayed on the 6th floor. Our room was extremely spacious, with a big bathroom and twin shower. However, I think that the room was a little on the tired side, considering that this was a Hilton hotel.
Breakfast wasn't included. We paid $55 for the first day and after that we visited the nearby Prudential Shopping Centre and had breakfast at a fraction of the cost.
The nearest metro is also at the Prudential.
If you get the chance, take a trip to "Legal Seafoods". (The nearest metro is Aquarium). The food is out of this world

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry that had a disappointing arrival and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional Guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I was staying at this hotel for a conference that was across the street at the Sheraton. I chose the Hilton instead and regretted that choice. There is nothing wrong with the Hilton, the staff was friendly and the location is good - but it's starting to look a bit rundown and the overall vibe wasn't great. The workout facilities were pretty basic and the view from my room was nothing special.

All of that said, it is clean and the location is excellent. If you can get a good rate there is nothing wrong with it but not as nice as the Sheraton across the street.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank pjm76

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with guest room. Guest feedback is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

From the moment of our arrival to the time of check-out, our experience at this hotel was excellent. The staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. The concierge was very knowledgable and helpful -- and even offered to print our boarding passes when I trouble doing it myself in the business area. The room was very clean and appointed nicely. The "T" is easily accessible (only two blocks away), and other parts of the city (Prudential Center, Back Bay, South End, Beacon Hill) are a reasonable walking distance away. No question I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

I am very happy to read your comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and service levels of our hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Pros: Good rooms but with problems (see below). Nice Lobby/bar/business areas. Helpful staff.
Good resturants/bars in easy walking distance as are two T stations.

Cons: Some rooms suffer from noise, our first (20th floor) had noisy air con units below, second (4th floor) had elevator noise all night, third (21st floor) was great.

An issue Hilton should address is WiFi, it’s free in lobby and business area, but in rooms you have to pay $15 a day, during our trip $75 motels gave free WiFi so a $300-$350 a night hotel should offer it free in room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in Boston you will consider staying with us again. Thank you.

Reviewed October 6, 2012 via mobile

We went to this Hilton as the other hotels we've been to we're full. Compared to the service we received at the doubletree near the airport, the service here was lacking. Granted I arrived at 11p, but it would have been nice if there was a valet service available or someone at the door to assist with bags. I'm surprised that the doubletree/Hilton near the airport offers all that but the Hilton down town does not. You would expect that from a Hilton. I'm told they will also not credit my Hilton rewards card as my boyfriend booked the room thru a travel website, which is annoying. The room was in the typical nice Hilton style and clean. I think wifi costs $ which I object to. We also ordered room service which was good but expensive $85 without tip for app and 2 entrees and 2 drinks. I'm a little disappointed as I've stayed at the Hilton Times Square and it was much nicer.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We chose this hotel specifically, as it was close to the Prudential Centre and the fact that the trolley stop is outside. The Hilton is opposite the Sheraton (where the trolley stop is), and to get to the Prudential Centre, go into the Sheraton, left up the escalator, then straight ahead and right to the shops....easy.

We had booked our hotel via a consolidator, who shall remain nameless, but provided us with weeks of worry after we had booked and then found the reviews online. If booking via someone, always call the hotel a couple of weeks before, to check you do actually have a room..

We came off a cruise ship early Sunday. Room not ready, but staff stored our bags in a locked room, whilst we went on our hoho tour.

When we checked in, we were offered a king or double. We went for the king. We had room 613. On getting in there, and flopping on the bed for a nap, we started hearing strange noises......as if the T train was going past our door! On investigation, we found it to be resonance from the elevator shaft, as our room was directly behind. Luckily, at night this is not a problem, but anyone wanting to sleep before 10 pm or after 7 am, be warned. It is most annoying. Also, flushing the toilet in the bathroom produced a sound as if the toilet was exploding.Weird.

Room itself fine, bed comfy, ac quiet if u put the fan on low. Has a window that opens, for some fresh air. Breakfast is ridiculosly priced at USD 17. Food court and food concessions in the Mall provide everything much cheaper. Also there is a branch of Legal Seafoods there, plus other dining options.

We used the free wifi in the lobby. During the day, found lots of other locations with free wifi, so no issues with no free wifi in the room.

All staff were extremely friendly, although the concierge was notable by his absence during almost all our stay.....

We would only stay there again if we got a room with no elevator noise.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonBostonBackBay, Sales Coordinator at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

I sincerely apologize for the elevator noise you encountered during your stay. Your comfort and safety is my number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in Boston you will consider staying with us again. Thank you!