“Couldn't have been better.”
Review of Eliot Hotel

Eliot Hotel
Ranked #9 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Exceptional! Will definitely be back when visiting Boston. The building isn't perfect but it shows the true character of the hotel and the era it was built in. Didn't eat at the hotel so cannot comment on dining but our overall experience was great and the location couldn't have been better.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Slbjmh

Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at the Eliot hotel. Good location near Newbury street and the Prudential Center. Good jogging along Charles River. We had a Big suite divided by french doors, very comfortable, but the bathroom was very small especially the shower!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I was excited to book a 4 star near Fenway Park. I will say the location was very convenient. It was a short easy walk.

It was a mess trying to park and use the valet. We ended up sitting at the traffic light holding up others as they seemed disorganized and cars were all parked crooked.

We booked with Priceline which was noted during check-in by the clerk in a snotty way. When we asked for a king room she said she would check. She walked away and returned to tell us there wasn't one available as they were booked. Based on the activity we saw and the fact rooms were still available on their website that morning I am certain they were not booked. I have booked many rooms with Priceline and always had better service by a hotel.

The room was tiny. No coffee maker even, a small pot of room service coffee was $7. The bed was tilted at a weird angle. So it felt like you were sleeping downhill. The shower was nice. The toilet didn't flush properly.

At checkout there was no good morning or how was your stay. Simply the amount of the parking and coffee. After we left, we realized that the valet had backed my car into something. I have a large white scratch and my rear bumper is popped off. They never said anything.

Overall very unhappy with the hotel. We stay in Boston almost monthly and although this was a convenient location I would not stay here again. If you are looking at a boutique hotel I recommend the Envision, Copley Square Hotel or the Loews. All were much better. Or even the Marrriott at Copley Square

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mitchellsmom921
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Had a fantastic stay during my extended stay at The Eliot. While I was initially given a smaller room, I was upgraded to a bigger suite which fit my needs perfectly. The real gem of this hotel is its first-rate service & friendliness across most levels (front desk, porters, doorman, lobby staff). Only exception is housekeeping, which seemed a bit spotty. I did however slept beautifully on the magically comfy bed. The hotel is well situated with easy crosstown access. Uni Japanese restaurant quality is fairly high, but clearly overpriced (easily 3-4X that in Japan) and portions are tiny. Overall, I greatly respect Eliot Hotel's ambition to operate on a smaller boutique size while providing the highest levels of service quality -- quite rare in the U.S.! Perhaps this level of service is only possible due to smaller relative size... Will definitely stay again at the Eliot.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Saito462
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Located in Back Bay with a lot of nice shops and bars around the corner; T-line (Hynes) just across the street and even Fenway Park is within walking distance. No impressive lobby and slick rooms, but large rooms (for our 6 day stay we got a free upgrade to a Suite), great beds and all very clean. Very friendly staff as well, they even have a running map with 2 routes around the hotel (good for Sports-city Boston)!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2014

The Eliot offers great service and has lovely rooms. The service staff are all very friendly and professional. This hotel is in a wonderful location close to Newbury and Boylston street restaurants and shopping. If you like boutique hotels then this is the right place for you. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Visited Boston for a wedding anniversary trip and when we went to check in they informed us they has over booked the hotel and we were going to get moved. After waiting for 20 minutes they let us know they did have a room but soon realized they gave us the worst room in the hotel with a queen sized bed. I think we got flagged for using Hotels.com for booking. It is a great location and service was good after check in but for this nice of a hotel I expected a better room and reception at check in.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan B
Joseph P, Assistant General Manager at Eliot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

I thank this guest for taking the time to share her experience of staying at the Eliot Hotel and for rating our service and location so highly. I do, however, apologize for the initial poor impression upon check in. It is our primary mission to provide a superlative guest experience but when there are unexpected complications, as occurred in this instance, we regret not being able to meet our expectations; something we are committed to and work extremely hard at to fulfill.

I do wish to clarify, however, that the hotel uses several factors in assigning rooms, but the source, in and of itself, is not a factor under any circumstances. I hope this guest will contact me directly if she will be returning to Boston and we will be delighted to ensure her stay is commensurate with both of our expectations.