“Outstanding Hotel . . .”
Review of Eliot Hotel

Eliot Hotel
Ranked #9 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Woodside, California
“Outstanding Hotel . . .”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Great service and accommodations. Rooms are spacious and well appointed. Restaurant breakfast was terrific. Really like this hotel a lot. Value is very high and give it my highest recommendation. Definitely worth a try.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed January 31, 2014

The Eliot never disappoints. We return fairly often, most recently in November 2013, looking forward to the enjoyment and relaxation that go with knowing all will be perfect. We love the small size and the attentive, gracious service. The interiors are well designed and immaculately clean.

A suite at the Eliot offers a tremendous amount of space: two substantial rooms separated, should one wish it, by French doors. Separate TVs, comfortable furniture, lovely linens. Understated luxury.

We travel frequently, here in the States, in Europe and in Asia. The Eliot is our favorite hotel. Every stay has been an unalloyed pleasure.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SC
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We have stayed here twice in the past 6 months . Always excellent staff, accomodations, and location is second to none. Doorman was attentive and so very pleasant. Only 1-2 blocks to Berklee. Across from Newberry Street with great shops and eateries. Few blocks from Fenway!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank GDTFRB
Old Chatham
Reviewed January 26, 2014

We have stayed at the Eliot over the years several times, the most recent of which is January 2014. When we stay here, it is like coming to the home of an old friend. The Eliot reminds us of a small, European hotel. It is a unique combination of modern conveniences with old fashion charm. How many hotels still have actual keys on brass key chains with the number on the brass plate. The suites, which we prefer are tastefully decorated and the living area is separated from the sleeping area by glass doors covered by translucent fabric. Because one of us is an early riser and the other likes to sleep, this provided perfect separation. The rooms are comfortable and quiet despite. The staff is uniformly gracious and friendly and you don't get the feeling that anyone expects a tip to provide extra service.
Several other benefits: the location on Commonwealth Avenue allows one to stroll through the historic Commonwealth Park, an elegant strip of grass, trees and benches that is flanked on either side by some of the best historic houses in the city. Also there are some great running routes directly from the hotel which the hotel is thoughtful enough to lay out on a map. Last, but certainly not least is the fact that the hotel accepts dogs, something our two well behaved Westies appreciate. We take extra care to make sure that when we leave the room no one would even know that dogs had been there. The hotel certainly doesn't have to do this, and we recognize and appreciate the fact that they do.
The Eliot is quintessential old Boston and more like coming to the home of an old friend than to a hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a suite if your budget allows.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Long Island, New York
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I drove my daughter back to college at The Boston Conservatory and was looking for a new place to stay. We have stayed at a number of the hotels in the Back Bay- Prudential Center area and the Eliot was a great new experience. I made a last minute reservation and I arrived quite late. Shane at the front desk couldn't have been more accommodating, I think he checked me in and took care of my car in about 4 minutes. I was upgraded to a gorgeous King Suite on the 9th floor that was beautifully appointed and squeaky clean. I booked a 'Winter Special' so continental breakfast at Clio ( with those delicious croissants and fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, and home baked goodies) was included. I was pleasantly surprised to find my car waiting for me when I checked out ( they had asked me at check-in what time I'd be needing it). My daughter is just a freshman so I am looking forward to many return trips to the Eliot, what a pleasure experience such a high level of service!

Room Tip: I had a high room and didn't hear any early morning Boston traffic.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
boston, ma
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The Eliot is one of those classic hotels that you can't help but love. I had a King Suite and it was huge, with a large living room / office with french doors closing off the bedroom / bath area. I had assumed that the rooms would be small, and was pleasantly surprised at the size. The bathroom was averagely sized but nicely appointed with a cool and odd half glass wall partition shower.

Dining options are obviously immense, being in the Back Bay. Right downstairs in the hotel are Clio and Uni, which are both Ken Oringer restaurants and some of the best dining in Boston. Clio's bar is legendary, and if you're a sashimi fan (no maki rolls or sushi), you must eat at Uni. It's amazing.

Service at the hotel was great. Always somebody there to open the door, call a cab, valet your car, stash your keys, get the elevator. Just old school service and vibe.

Would most definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the suite.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank madvibes
Lake Placid, New York
Reviewed January 13, 2014

The Eliot Hotel takes the concerns of their hotel guests very seriously and aims to please every time I have visited there. On a recent stay I ordered room service as I was not feeling well. My tea came with ample lemon and honey and all of the employees wished me well when they saw me the next morning. I am impressed by their warmth and friendliness, efficiency, cleanliness and superb location.

Room Tip: The higher floors have less road noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family