“Red Eye Arrival”
Review of Eliot Hotel

Eliot Hotel
Ranked #9 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed March 19, 2008

I reserved a room at The Eliot Hotel at the 11th hour and was really pleased that they could accomodate me. I only needed my room for a few hours in the morning as I was arriving straight off an overnight flight from LA. The staff checking me in at 6AM were really helpful and offered a free checkout extension which was great. They also booked me table at a great restaurant for my client lunch later that afternoon.

My suite was very comfortable and clean. The a/c was quite noisy as was the heating installation but I got used to the noise in the end.

The only issue with the suite was in the bathroom where there was a leak however as i was only staying for 4 hrs it didnt really matter.

The staff were really helpful except for the afternoon receptionist who was rude and agressive.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Eliot Hotel

Reviewed March 11, 2008

From the moment I entered the Eliot Hotel the service,staff, and accomodations were excellent. My friends and I stayed in one of their guest rooms for a conference in Boston- after my experience I would definitely return again! This was a charming botique hotel.

The beds were quite comfortable, and while the guest rooms are slightly smaller than a typical hotel the ambience more than made up for it. Our room had a marble bathroom, plenty of lighting, and stylish furniture. Additionally, two bathrobes and a welcome note with cookies were also a nice touch.

Throughout the duration of my stay the staff could not have been more helpful or friendly. On one night while I was there my friend and I were about to go outside when we realized it was raining. The belhop staff furnished us with umbrellas instead of us having to retrieve ours from the room. The staff were quick to help me with all of my questions and requests. For the four days of my stay I felt like a princess- while I know that sounds rather trite, it really was hard to come back home! If you are looking for that special place to splurge a little while you are in Boston, the Eliot Hotel is the location for you!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2008

We've stayed at the Elliot twice now and both times have had a great experience. The first time, we were with our grown son, so booked a two-bedroom suite. If you need that much room, the Elliott's two-bedroom suite is a genuine bargain, substantially more room for substantially less money than two nice hotel rooms anywhere in the area. The second time we were on our own, so booked just the one-bedroom suite. Again, the rate was competitive with most rooms in the area and the accommodations were quite a bit better in terms of space and comfort. Both visits, I asked the front desk if it might be possible to borrow an electric kettle for brewing my own tea, and both times they managed to come up with one. When we wanted a bucket of ice, they brought it to the door within a few minutes. And it really is worth the price to have breakfast at Clio's at least once during your stay. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, the rooms are quiet (we were on the second floor, right on the corner of Commonwealth and Mass Ave, and it was still quiet, maybe due to the air handling system), the towels and robes are thick and plentiful, and the beds are excellent, puffy with high-thread-count sheets. If I would change anything, I might be tempted to have one less piece of furniture in the sitting room; it was just a little crowded. But overall, a great place to stay in Boston.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2008

The hotel Eliot is an old-school charmer with top-notch service. I stayed in an upstairs suite (room 808, I think) for a recent business trip and it was spacious and comfortable with nicely appointed furniture and layout.. It is located in a great part of the Back Bay area in Boston with great shopping and easy access to several great landmarks such as Fenway Park, Newbury Street, and is a quick jaunt over the Charles River to Cambridge. I very much recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank jnjmoore
Reviewed January 3, 2008

I was really tossing up between the Eliot Hotel and the Four Seasons. I always check Frommer's and Trip Advisor and after careful thought, we selected the Eliot. It was a bit less money for a good size room and the reviews I read were all very good. BIG MISTAKE. This hotel is small, old, dirty and not well located. I have NO IDEA what Frommer's was thinking.

The room was large but the beds were awful, the bathrooms moldy, the carpets dirty and the lobby dark and dingy. We had booked to stay here for 3 nights and after a long drive with a 4 year old, we were NOT IMPRESSED upon arrival. It was late so we stayed anyway but called the Four Seasons right away and booked two nights for the following day.

We were greeted with drunks and police sirens all night. Absolutely TERRIBLE! I was so disgusted with myself for having chosen this hotel.

Management needs to get some upkeep and updating started.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank lovelux
Reviewed December 2, 2007

staff gave us incorrect directions to a venue and we were lost in the city and late for the wedding. we could hear everything going on in the rooms adjacent, so needless to say, we did not get any sleep. no one helped us with our bags. all in all, we paid premium rates for this less than average accomodation. definitely NOT a luxury hotel. if you want luxury, stick to the four seasons or the ritz-carlton. otherwise, the westin and the marriott copley square are much better places to stay. we will NEVER stay here again. better off staying at a days inn or motel 6!

Stayed: November 2007
2  Thank harudenver
Reviewed October 18, 2007

The very continental Eliot Hotel in Boston is in a terrific location - walking distance to Newbury Street and to Fenway Park. Beautiful, ultra clean, spacious rooms and a friendly accomodating staff make your stay a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled with family