2,021 results
All reviews harvard square jazz club charles river harvard business school double tree warm cookies murphy bed whole foods living room mass pike shuttle service river view shuttle bus complimentary shuttle pull out couch rooftop bar king suite
Reviewed February 15, 2017

My wife and I made arrangements to take in a late Saturday show at Sculler's Jazz Club located on the premises at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton in Boston. Since the show would be over at a late hour and our home was located approximately one hour away, we decided, once again, to spend the night at DoubleTree. Following a sumptuous dinner at the Boathouse Restaurant at the hotel, and following a wonderful concert by the great Linda Eder, we spent the night relaxing in our beautiful room overlooking the Charles River. Every aspect of our stay was outstanding...the staff, the accommodations, the restaurant. We had recently stayed here following another late concert and frankly, we're looking forward for another opportunity. It was, indeed, a welcoming and memorable experience.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
jaynebarrett, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2017

Wow , thank you so much for the great review Anthony. Stay safe in the snow this week...soon it shall be spring.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

Lovely room with a training room aspect. I was surprised to see a sort of board room concept my room had a lovely view and the front desk staff and concierge were very helpful. I will definitely come back but with my family next time.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
jaynebarrett, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2017

Thank you Uloma great to hear the team were so helpful . Hopefully when you return the snow shall be gone and you and your family can explore Boston and Cambridge.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

We had called for some toothbrushes. When the staff knocked on our door, we yelled Hold on twice and the worker proceeded to walk into our suite, while I was half dressed. Not even a half hour later, house keeping tried to come into our room. We still had another hour and half before check out. This was a little disconcerting to me because as a women, I do tend to travel alone a lot and I didn't feel safe, in my

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dianerI3862IN

Dianer , sorry that we made you feel that way. I completely understand how that would be disconcerting. Due to the size of the suites it can happen that we don't hear you from outside the door. A tip I always share, is to use the "do not disturb", sign on the door .
Hope you will come back and visit again.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

Got a recently refurbished room, which still had a fresh-paint smell (lot better than an old room). Staff is amazingly helpful and nice. Value for money was great, however I got a corporate rate because I was invited by Harvard, so not sure what would it be like with a non-corporate rate.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your kind comments Arturol,
We are getting great feedback on the new look in the suites. On the rate side we are very competitive in the neighborhood so please look us up again when you return.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

When I'm in Cambridge I normally stay at the Hyatt Regency down the road. The primary reason for this trip was a concert at Shullers and their rates were a little cheaper than the Hyatt's so decided to give them a shot. It's a former Embassy Suites so it's an all suite hotel. Nice size suites. Great staff.

Very convenient if you have an event at Shullers Jazz club. There is a shuttle that goes downtown every 2 to 3 hours. We took it to the Aquarium and walked to Reginas for pizza and did uber back. No place really close to eat at outside the hotel but very easy walk to Harvard Square where there are a lot of places to eat at.

Main reason I am giving them a four instead of a five is the stingy breakfast benefit for diamonds. The Hyatt down the road gives diamonds a full hot breakfast and this property wants you to pay an upcharge for a the hot items (which isn't nearly as good as the Hyatt's). There is really not advantage to staying at this hotel as a diamond over a Hilton gold outside of the few extra points.

If you have an event at Shuller's I'd recommend this hotel or if you aren't a diamond with Hyatt. I'd recommend people with Hyatt diamond status stay at the Hyatt regency down the road if a good breakfast is important.

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jamie P

Thank you for the honest review James. the team are great and yes the shuttle into downtown is also a great amenity for our guests. Now I know the Hyatt does not have a shuttle service that goes to Boston but I now have to check out breakfast at the Hyatt...you have got my competitive juices flowing as I was sure our breakfast offerings were the best in the area with our omelet chef, huge buffet and fresh fruits of the month...
I know where I am having breakfast tomorrow...