“Family time in Boston” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #51 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Manchester, United States
“Family time in Boston”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Excellent service and the rooms are top notch. I found the staff to be family friendly and full of tips to enhance our experience while staying in Boston. The rooms are clean and the hotel is quiet at night. My kids love the pool and jacuzzi. The front desk is best, as they are always willing to bring a smile with a warm, fresh cookie and a sincere interest to enhance your experience is expressed again and again...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Miles M
DoubleTree B, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you so much for all your kind words! We are so pleased to hear about how much you enjoyed your stay with your family. We will be sure to pass along your praises to the front desk staff and let them know how pleased you were with their service. We hope to see you in the future should your travels bring you to the Boston/Cambridge area again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Carle Place NY, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

We visited this hotel as part of a package so we could attend a Linda Eder holiday concert. The hotel was excellent as was the concert in Sculler's Jazz Club. Our breakfast was complete and delicious for a very reasonable price and our dinner as part of the package was tasty and satisfying. We would certainly return to this property again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank Peter W. M
It is so wonderful to hear about your excellent experience. It is great you were able to take advantage of our Jazz Club package and enjoyed your meals in the restaurant. We look forward to your return in the future!
Bow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

The suites are large. We had a comfy king bed and a pullout sofa for the kids. It was clean, and the staff was friendly. The walls were paper thin, though. We were put by the elevator and could hear it ding ever time, and our neighbors kept us up until 11:30 p.m. The pool is nothing to write home about, but it is nice that they have a modest pool and hot tub.

Room Tip: Don't stay near the elevators
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tareah G
DoubleTree B, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you very much for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your recent stay at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston- Cambridge went. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the accommodations and were able to take advantage of the pool and hot tub. It is unfortunate you had some difficulties with noise, however. Should you travel to the Boston/Cambridge area again we hope you would choose to stay here! Be sure to request a room away from the elevator at check in as we will do our best to accommodate and help make your stay more enjoyable!
Kittery, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed to avoid traveling home into an ice storm. As always the DoubleTree came through. My company relies on DoubleTree during any storm, and as always the service, accomodations and location were tops.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay even though it prevented you from getting home after work! It is great to hear that our hotel has continued loyalty with your company when rooms are needed during storms.
Wales, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

My wife and I have been coming here yearly for the last eight years for our wedding anniversary. The hotel is clean, staff very helpful, and accommodations excellent. Well worth the price, which includes a shuttle to Boston points of interest. FYI, you do pay to park your car at the hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Kevin C
Thank you so much for your great review and continued loyalty! We are so happy to hear that you and your wife continue to celebrate your special day with us each year. "Exceptional" is such a great word and any hotel would be honored to receive such a compliment! Looking forward to seeing you again next year.
Methuen, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

A superb property with a helpful staff and delivers a superior value to the guest. The check in was flawless and we were given every courtesy. The pool was clean and working, the lobby outfitted with beautiful fireplace, Apple computers, and was elegant. The amenities were excellent as well. The location was easy on and easy off with a car and so easy to find.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank stephen m
Thank you very much for your kind words - it is so wonderful to hear about the excellent experience you had during your recent stay at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston- Cambridge! We are pleased to hear that your experience with our front desk was flawless and that you were able to enjoy our newly renovated lobby!
Ruidoso,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

As I drove up I was thrilled to see the easy pull in to allow my 86 year old friend access to the door. I let them all out and I drove into the garage (which is 5 feet away)and found parking right inside (about 50 steps from the hotel door). I was able to put my winter coat in the trunk and leave it there.

The lobby was pleasant,and the staff couldn't have been more welcoming. The entire hotel staff seems to take ownership in their job and your comfort. I was impressed with everyone we met.

The suites at the Doubletree were awesome. You walk into a little living room with a couch, tv etc ..Room for 5 or 6 people to sit, chat and enjoy a glass of wine. Very clean and cosy.

You walk through a little hallway with a coffee bar and fridge and closet on the right and the bathroom door on the left. All was updated with granite looking tops and very nice. Great shower...

The bedroom portion has a door that closes off to give you privacy if you are traveling with others. .We found the bed very comfortable. The bedroom portion of the suite was just like a regular hotel room. The whole suite was just adorable.

When I noticed upon receiving our room key that they had put us in room 911, I wasn't quite sure about being in a room associated with Sep 11, but during the night we got 2 emergency 911 calls. My husband first answered, and it was the front desk, who had a problem with partying in the lobby (I was told the next day) I heard him say, "So what do you want me to do?" Later someone from a hotel room called us with some kind of emergency. If it happened a 3rd time I was going to get them to refund my money, but at this point it was sill kind of funny.

In" Fusion" , the bar, she offered assistance before we asked for it because she was closely paying attention to our needs. I was truly impressed. (I almost fell out of my chair at the drink and food prices, but was reminded that we are on a 1 night vacation so don't think of it.) Once I got beyond that, the cheese tray was awesome and a fried chicken piece appetizer was crispy and delicious. I thought it was unfortunate that it couldn't be priced a bit lower on things to allow some locals to make it their get away. The wine as also very good.

I thought they might do better if they could attract more than the folks staying in the hotel. There were only 6 people in the entire room (including the 4 of us) .Even if it was certain nights of the week to offer half price drinks (which would make them where they should be) and the same for appetizers (which would make them where they should be).

"The Green Room" restaurant was as cosy looking as "Fusion" (both sports bar style but classier). The waitress and busboy and anyone else we may have met were again beyond helpful and welcoming and wonderful.

We did the dinner package with Schullers Jazz club, but would eat elsewhere the next time.
A giant unit full of dishes, glasses, silverware, etc was positioned right behind one of my table mates, and a serving tray station was right behind me. Close enough that some of the folks using
it said "excuse me" to me as they got close. I spent half the timementally rearranging things in the room. Build a wall around the giant unit or move it to a corner and then put a wall in front of it. The ambiance of the room is lost. The food was way overpriced for what it was, both in food and atmosphere. Only the service was worth paying twice what you should for the food we got.

The easy access on and off of the Mass Pike make this an excellent location . We didn't leave the hotel as it was only for 1 night to enjoy the evening and not drive home. When I am checking Boston prices I will consider putting clients here (and advising taxi) if the downtown hotels are too expensive. Parking was extra 30 dollars a night and was put right on the hotel bill. We got a good winter rate for the night, so combining everything together the overpriced food and drink, parking, and the hotel room it was still a good value.

I recommend this hotel as long as you know that food and drink prices are scalping.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank lynnpr
DoubleTree B, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you very much for your extrememly detailed feedback in regards to your recent stay at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston - Cambridge! We appreciate you taking the time to provide insight on all aspects; some pleasant and some not so. We are very pleased to hear that you did enjoy your stay and will consider referring clients to stay with us in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Courtyard Boston Cambridge
Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside
Harvard Square Hotel
#8 of 20 in Cambridge

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge? Share your experiences!