“Last Minute Booking”

Ranked #52 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Singapore
“Last Minute Booking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Booked the hotel on the week on staying there. It turned out to be a good surprise. Stable wifi connection, plenty of space with a nice sitting area in the room. Warm service with a lovely team. Bonus point on the warm chocolate chip cookies on arrival.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
DoubleTree B, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to find a great deal so close to your arrival!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Great location, wonderful view of Boston from our hotel window, nice breakfast and easy self parking. We liked that we were staying in an all suite hotel - two TVs and my husband and I could entertain our friends who were also staying in Boston. We loved the warm chocolate chip cookies we received on arrival.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree B, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
it is such a pleausre to read this review. It is so great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to view the city from your spacious suite. Those cookies are definitely a nice treat!
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights, 1 for fun and the other two were business related. My husband joined me for the first two nights, which made it nice.

I have no complaints about the hotel except one. The water temperature in the pool was cool. This was disappointing because I was looking forward to an enjoyable dip in the pool. The other negative was a bunch of loud New York Yankee's fans took over the pool on a Saturday afternoon and had a wireless speaker which they blared music from without regard to the other guests. I could put up with over sized hairy bodies all drinking cans of beer in the hot tub, but to force me and the other guests to listen to the music was a little much. I don't fault the hotel for their behavior.

The good things about the hotel is the free shuttle service that takes you into Harvard Square or into various parts of Boston. We used it twice, once for a trip to eat in Harvard Square and another into the Back Bay. Being close to Harvard Square is also a plus. You could walk to it if you want to. It would be about a 20 minute walk. We found a great seafood restaurant to eat at in Harvard Square called Dolpyn's. Good fun and good prices.

The hotel's restaurants were expensive. They were good, but I expect more when being charged ridiculous prices. Also, the cookies that they make such a big deal about are very good, but you have to ask at the front desk for one, and who wants to wait in line to get a cookie. They should just put them out.

The rooms are all suite type of rooms, with a bedroom and pull out sofa in the other room. There are two TV's in the room. I have no complains with the room. The view from the room was of the Charles River so that was great, especially seeing all the rowers out there every day. It is a very active river.

Overall it was a nice experience and I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BostonTia1
DoubleTree B, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel and your suite and were able to take advantage of a few hotel amenities and had a wonderful meal in Harvard Square. We apologize tremendously that you were disrupted during your time at the pool by some guests. We hope you will return again in the future and will be able to relax and enjoy the pool area as you intended!
Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel was a last minute decision. I chose it because of the price and I didn't do any research (as I usually do) on it. But it was a good find as we were headed to the Red Sox game that didn't start until 8 p.m. so there was no way I was going to travel anywhere, except to bed, after that was over! It looked great on the website, and it was available and cheaper than other area hotels. The great thing about this area is that it's so convenient to drive to and also convenient to take a cab to any other attraction in Boston. What I didn't realize is that it was on the further end of the Charles, which was fine, but there was a ton of construction going on everywhere and my GPS was not keeping up with it. The hotel, upon entry, couldn't have been nicer. The front desk was an absolute dream, low key, helpful, welcoming, the new lobby gave the impression of a very upscale hotel. Upon check in, I received some nice warm choc chip cookies and a welcome bag with water and snacks from Hilton Honors. Nice touch. Parking was self-park with your hotel access card, very convenient, easy to figure out. Up to our room. This hotel is an atrium hotel, which means all the rooms face into the atrium and lobby and restaurant/lounge. While we had a higher floor room, I still got all the "noise" that came with that. You enter your room to a large living room, which is great for relaxing, watching t.v., eating (at the table and chairs). There is also a pull out couch for extra guests. Large refrigerator, counter area between the living room and bedroom. The bedroom faced the river, so I felt better in there as it was bright and open, v.s the living room which was darker. You have to keep the curtains closed as everyone walks by your room and it's like a fishbowl. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was large and the shower was great. Great water pressure which is sometimes a worry in a hotel. Everything seemed clean. The only complaints I guess I could make is that since this is an atrium hotel, the noise level can be a little loud. The doors need different closing mechanisms because the slamming of doors (even by the cleaning people) was sometimes startling. If you're in the living room you can hear any door (on any floor) slam, loudly. So if anyone is sleeping in the living room, they may not get a peaceful sleep. The other (easily) fixable thing is that along all the floors balconies are plants, which I'm sure at one time were blooming. They are nasty, dried, dead plants that line the atrium balconies on each floor. They even look like they have been sprayed with some white powder. It's very unattractive. Not that that would keep me from the hotel, but it's such a simple thing to fix I would assume. You're looking at it the entire time you're walking to and from your room. I did not get to try out the pool, the lounge or the restaurant as we were out late. I did, however, get very great service from the front desk with late night delivery take out menus and the service of the area take-outs was great. They come right to the lobby and deliver your food. So that was a bonus. Check out was easy too, just don't leave your card key in the room thinking you won't need it. You cannot get out of the parking garage without it. It would be nice to know that when you check in. All in all it was a great deal for a last minute need.

Room Tip: I would get a high floor, and ask for the River side.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your open and honest feedback. We greatly appreciate your kind words and will be sure to let our front desk staff know of your comments! We will definitely keep in mind your suggestions about the noise and doors to help make things a little quieter. Also, in regards to your suggestion about the plants - we have already begun the process of having these removed! We hope you would choose our hotel again should you be traveling to the Boston/Cambridge area again.
Austin, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I can always count on the Doubletree brand to deliver quality rooms and excellent service. Boston was no exception. The room was very spacious and had everything I needed. I recommend this hotel to other business travelers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your awesome review and recommendation. Hope to see you again in the future!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This Doubletree is very clean with a modern interior. Upon check-in I was upgraded as a HHonors Diamond member which was a nice surprise. I don't have much to say about the room itself since it was quite nice. If driving here, the location is somewhat difficult to get to being on a one-way street. If you're not familiar with the area it can be a challenge your first drive there. Also, there aren't many places to go to within walking distance. I thought the parking fee at $35/night was way too much and was one of the most expensive parking fees I've ever paid. Unfortunately, there just don't seem to be many other options around for parking considering it's in an urban setting. Being a Diamond member, I also received a free breakfast but you had to pay extra still to receive any of the hot breakfast items. Overall the hotel is very nice, but the location leaves much to be desired and the parking fees add up if you're staying for a while.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the hotel, even though the location was not ideal for you. As a Hilton HHonors member we appreciate your business and hope you will return to our location again.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed at this DoubleTree for one night each of our last two trips to Boston. Our daughter attends Boston College and this hotel is very conveniently located - in between Boston and BC. Having a suite is nice so that a guest can stay with you on the pull-out couch in the living room but also because it simply feels spacious. The parking is convenient and the hotel sometimes offers a rate that includes parking (otherwise it's $35 per day - high but not ridiculous for Boston). If you're interested, ask for that rate. It was available the first time we stayed but not this past weekend. Two other things - first, the hotel has a top-rate jazz club on the premises called Scullers (we attended the 10 p.m. show Friday night and really enjoyed the performer Grace Kelly) and second, like all DoubleTree hotels, they give you warm chocolate cookies upon arrival!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you for you kind words, we simply love hearing how happy our guests are with their experience at our hotel! it is wonderful to hear that you were able to enojoy a show at Scullers and taste the delicious chocolate chip cookie!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Courtyard Boston Cambridge
Downtown
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Downtown
Harvard Square Hotel
#12 of 20 in Cambridge

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge? Share your experiences!