“Delightful Doubletree”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge
Ranked #45 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was at this hotel for the first weekend of June to see a sporting event with my brother and his two children. This establishment was chosen because of its proximity to the venue, this being the Agganis Arena at Boston University. The Doubletree is not located downtown but you may still have access by way of the hotel’s complementary shuttle. I made use of this to get to the Aquarium. Boston’s public transportation system is also easily accessible.
Upon entering the lobby you first notice the construction that is ongoing. This does not impede the service at the front desk. My reservation was honoured and I was even given a second choice of rooms so I may have a river view. I chose the latter and was not disappointed as I watched the many boats and rowers making their way up and down the Charles River.
The room is well appointed and is separated in two; one for the sleeping area, and the second, for the living room. A decent size refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker are there for you to use. The bathroom is well stocked with towels and toiletries. The water pressure and temperature are both equally adequate.
I made use of the free wi-fi and the connection was fast and reliable. There are upgraded bandwith packages available for purchase if you so desire.
I did not have a full meal at the hotel, instead opting for a muffin for breakfast. I did scan the selection however and it appeared to be hot, fresh, and plentiful. Free coffee is offered just outside the restaurant and I was most grateful for that. As another option, a Whole Foods Market is a pleasant walk (in decent weather) over the bridge.
The kids enjoyed their dip in the pool and at the time of their swim they had the whole place to themselves.
Overall, my stay was very satisfactory. I experienced above average customer service with all my questions answered completely and correctly. The kids even managed to wrangle some extra cookies from the front desk staff.
I would stay here again should I find myself in Boston to check out a baseball or hockey game as any of these stadiums are in close proximity to the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor, facing the Charles River.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
DoubleTree B, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for this great feedback!
We look forward to having you here again when all the renovations are complete.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,883)

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The good:
We stayed for 4 days and used hotel rstaurant for all our meals. We absolutelly loved Veronica!
She did outstanding job every morning with breakfast. We enjoyed breakfast more than dinner actually.
Thank you Veronica!
The bad:
I am a Diamond Honors member. We were disappointed that we were not upgraded to a nicer room, but they said they were sold out, so the only way to be upgraded would be for us to come to the front desk at noon and ask for upgrade when people were leaving. That was quite inconvenient so we decided to stay in our room. Our room looked really tired and dilapidated.
It was in need of renovation, but we had a view of Charles river

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
DoubleTree B, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for such great feedback.
I'm sorry we were not able to honor your request for an upgraded room at the time of your stay - we certainly do value our Diamond members and look forward to a return stay for you and your family.
Thank you also for your awesome comments regarding Veronica - I can't wait to share this with her!

Best
Katie.Allen@hilton.com

Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was a nice hotel in a quiet part of the city. The only experience that would make it better is more frequent shuttle service and easier cross street access. Without proper crosswalk areas, it was very dangerous to take my baby for a stroll by the river.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback!
We have been working with the city to get better sidewalks - I know this is a part of their continued city improvement process.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is our 3rd time staying at this hotel and we just love it!

They are renovating the lobby so there isn’t much to see when you come in but we called around 10:30 AM the day of check in and asked if there was any chance our room was ready – it was!!!! How terrific!!! We are Hilton Honors Members so not sure if that makes a difference but we were really excited. The rooms are all suites and we loved having a living room and a separate bedroom! Plenty of towels, great water pressure, mini fridge, microwave and a double shot coffee pot. Folks at the front desk were great in giving us some good tips to go spend the day too! A clean hotel is a must for me and as always, it was spotless. LOVE IT!

Hilton just has the BEST beds, pillows and blankets and we just get the best night sleep anytime we stay at one.

Anytime we visit Boston – this will be our hotel of choice.

1  Thank DKTravel2
DoubleTree B, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for such a terrific review! We look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This Doubletree is great. Although some renovations are going on they did not interfere with our stay. Used Honors points for a stay and went to the Red Sox game. Very convenient location and rooms were very clean. The staff was great as well. We had absolutely no complaints.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
DoubleTree B, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback - I hope the Red Sox played a good game for you!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotel Staff is great! Rooms were clean. Lobby was under construction and no discounts were offered. Parking is a nightmare!! Small and limited space. $35/day gates don't work you have to call the office o get in and out. If you have to use a car DO NOT USE THIS HOTEL!!!!! look at the reviews!!! Trust me! No car....... the hotel is nice and the staff is the best in Boston!!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your recent stay with us. I hope that you will return to the hotel when our renovations are complete so you can see our wonderful, modern new space. We are confidant that the inconveniences of the past few months will be worth it!

While I can understand your frustration with the parking charges, we do comparison reviews on a frequent basis of our competitive hotels to make sure that our parking charges are in line with everyone in the area.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We spent a night at the hotel purchasing our stay from Priceline. Parking was not included and the parking rate was $35 per night for self parking. That ate up much of the savings from the reduced rate we received.
The good news was that the view of the Charles River from our room was wonderful. There were crews rowing all morning and a run on the Cambridge side of the river.
The suite had a frig, a pullout bed for our son, and ample space.
The staff was pleasant and the room clean.
The other down side is that if you are going to downtown Boston, you will need to drive to a T stop. Walking is possible but a bit inconvenient. Walking to Cambridge, on the other hand is easy.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Charles River and Cambridge Get free parking as part of your package.
1  Thank HELRAM

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback from your recent stay with us! We appreciate your positive feedback about the views and our guest rooms!