“Excellent Choice in Boston”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge
Ranked #45 of 84 Hotels in Boston
Reviewed June 2, 2011

I am so glad that we selected this hotel for our Memorial Day weekend visit to Boston. We were in town to move our son into MIT, and although this property is not in Cambridge, we had no problems getting around. The concierge was extremely helpful; the shuttle service was reliable and adequate; the breakfast buffet was healthy and filling; the front desk staff was so friendly and accommodating. The unlimited famous Doubletree chocolate chip cookies were addicting. The suite was very nice; I like the fact that the bathroom is not in the bedroom like it is in many Marriott Residence Inns. The whole property was very clean and attractive. When we checked in the front desk upgraded us at no charge to a riverfront room. The view was just spectacular. If we return to Boston, we will definitely stay at the Doubletree. If anyone has any questions, I will be happy to reply. You will not go wrong if you stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for riverfront room
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
jdadiego, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2011

Dear Guest,

We are so glad you enjoyed your trip to Boston and your stay at our hotel so much! Thanks for all the positive feedback.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge

Reviewed May 30, 2011

Traveled for some business and leisure with the family. We wanted a hotel with suites as well as an indoor pool. This place had it all including excellent service. Shuttles were convenient to downtown. Easy walk to park with playscape as well as Riteaid and Whole Foods. The T was a decent walk but doable. Overall, excellent value and service. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thanks for such a great review! The team at the hotel works very hard to provide the best value psosible for families as well as business travelers. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2011

I stayed here for a business trip, and had a good time.

The staff hotel was very friendly when I arrived. They provided me with the free chocolate cookies. In addition, the staff assisted with a shuttle reservation for pickup and drop off. FYI - The complimentary shuttle goes to Copley Square, Boston Common, New England Aquarium, and Harvard Square.

The room was nice and spacious. Even though I traveled by myself, I really enjoyed using the suite to use my laptop and watch tv. The bed was comfy, and it was easy for me to fall asleep. In addition, the bathroom was clean. I liked the Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries. Fancy stuff. The room also had a coffee pot, micro fridge, microwave, and TVs.

I didn't like the hotel too much since the location was not close to anything. There weren't any restaurants within walking distance. I ate at the hotel restaurant for two nights in a row. In addition, the hotel isn't near a bus or train line, so it was a $40 taxi ride for 7 miles.

If you bring a car, parking in the garage was over $30. Otherwise, just wait for a taxi.

You also need to pay for wifi. I paid $9.95 for 24 hours. You could use free wifi in the lobby.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank KeroppiQueen

Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your feedback. Being just outside the city center is definitely a challenge. We continue to work with our transporttion department to fine tune our bus schedule to meet more of our customers needs. We hope to see you back in Boston soon!

Reviewed May 23, 2011

I used Hilton points to book a room so I wouldn't have to drive home following a Red Sox game. I last stayed in this hotel back in 2001 and enjoyed my stay then, so figured I'd give it another whirl.

Like most chain hotels, the carpet and furnishings are a little dated but I was simply there to sleep and have a short commute into work. The bed was very comfortable, though I needed two pillows as one alone just was too flat.

Bathroom was very clean, I'd have no problems staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your candid feedback. The staff enjoys reading all comments good and bad. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2011

This is a great hotel to stay if you have business in Cambridge or Watertown. The service is top-notch. When you check-in, they are professional, helpful and give you a warm baked cookie.

I had a slight problem with my toilet and they repaired it immediately AND gave me free room service in recognition for the inconvenience.

Overall, I gave this very high ratings because of the service.

The room is nice, but make sure to ask for a King (or queen) suite, as you don't want a room with twin beds. The suite is a bonus because it has an extra room with flatscreen tv/sofa bed. Also ask for a room overlooking the river -- very nice to wake up and see the crew team practicing along the Charles.

Room Tip: Ask for a king room (not twin!) overlooking river
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
jdadiego, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! I am glad you enjoyed everything so much. Reviews like this are great to share with our team and to validate all the hard work and effort they put into the property.

Reviewed May 5, 2011

I have stayed at Doubletree two times, and honestly there is nothing special to say about the place. The room was OK, service was OK, location is good (close to the Harvard campus), breakfast... well, almost OK (too heavy for an European). The prices are resonable.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank TheButterflyEffect75

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review are hotel. Your comments are extremly valuable and allow us to improve the property. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to share additional commnets regarding your stay.

Warm Regards,
Joe.Dadiego@hilton.com

Reviewed May 1, 2011

Just a few words of warning:

Suites with two beds have twins. If you sleep on the pullout sofa in the living area, you will be woken up early by any noise within the hotel, because the sound echos up the inner courtyard. Very awful to sleep like that.

The hotel charges $35/day for parking, and the breakfast buffet costs $19 per person. I was astounded by that. I haven't been to a hotel in YEARS that didn't provide some kind of free continental breakfast, unless it was a high class hilton, with a gorgeous spread that was worth the money.

I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank aurora1999
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boston
Courtyard Boston Cambridge
#16 of 20 in Cambridge
Dorchester / Roxbury / Mattapan
DoubleTree Club by Hilton Hotel Boston Bayside
Downtown
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston - Downtown
Fenway / Kenmore
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Back Bay/Fenway

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Boston-Cambridge? Share your experiences!