“College road trip-perfect location”

Copley Square Hotel
Ranked #26 of 85 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 30, 2010

My daughter and I stopped in Boston for one of many college visits of the week. We were happy with everything about the hotel. The hospitality of the staff was warm, welcoming and informative. We parked our car via valet ($42.00 per day) and never used it. The front desk personnel helped us map a way to the universities using the T (public transportation). That is when we found out what a great location this was for college visits.
They helped us with dinner reservations, places to buy an umbrella (next door at Shaw's super food market and directions to anything we asked. We found a great rate using Tripadvisor's search via Expedia. It is right near the Lenox Hotel, which has superior ratings too. We highly recommend this wonderful find!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,968)

Reviewed March 23, 2010

Service was overall fine. Staff wasn't over the top nice, but they were fine. I needed a late checkout (later than noon), and they gave me 1pm. Not great, but at least they helped out.
The room was nice, the bed was comfortable. The bathroom sink was really tiny so not much room for toiletries. It's a really old hotel that was recently redone, so some things were reminiscent of the fact that it is an old building, like the moldings, but that's ok. It was definitely a charming little hotel. It has a fitness center with two treadmills and two ellipticals and that was really convenient. The location is fantastic - right around the corner from Copley Station, and literally next door to Copley Mall. Just great location. Overall we had a great stay, and I would stay here again! Also there is a bar off of the lobby called miniBar I think, and while we didn't get to go there at all, it was JAMMING every night - looked like the place to be, and is probably great in the summer!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2010

Place is lovely, but a series of goof-ups overshawdowed the chic look. One immediate turn off--you cannot get a fresh cup of coffee at the hotel between lunch and dinner service. Also, ordered in-room breakfast and it arrived 30 minutes late. Sadly, had to leave for my first meeting of the day without tasting it...and with out a cup of coffee to get me going. On arrival--at about 2pm--I was told that no food was available because the kitchen is not open during the afternoon. Had been traveling all day and needed some refreshment before an early evening meeting. Because there are no mini-bars in the room, there wasn't even the option to grab a coke or some chips. Had to walk down the road to supermarket and get something there (woman at desk who recommended this was nice and in general the staff was very pleasant). Free glass of wine at 5pm was nice, tho the environment was stiff and surprisingly inelegant given the marketing of the place. Wanted to love this place, but little details--like access to food, coffee and timely room service--are important when you are traveling on business.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 23, 2010

My girlfriend and I spent a weekend in March at the Copley Square Hotel for a "mom's weekend away." The rate we got for our room was outstanding--Boston in the "off season."! The hotel is very contemporary, having Reception "pods" and "intuition specialists." The staff was very friendly and helpful. The nightly wine reception is a very nice touch. The decor is very chic. The room was a bit tight with 2 double beds, but those beds were extremely comfortable!! The bathroom was a great size, too. I liked the little touches the hotel offered, including the free wi-fi, the "Today and Tomorrow" feature listing, and the "Bedtime Stories."

The location was excellent for us--lots of shopping, dining, and areas to walk. My one complaint is that I think our room (room #314) was directly above the bar/club. On Saturday night, I was kept up from 12am-2am from excessive noise.

I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2010

great location,close to eating and shopping and right in the heart of everything.updated yet historical.classic and easy to get a cab. can walk to everything.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2010

The hotel has done a nice job with its facelift...I just didn't find it to be anything special. There was no wow factor but everything was fine. My TV reception was funky, though more importantly, the wi-fi was fast, reliable and free. I appreciate that! Proximity to the park and subway were nice, though since the Library was closed and Trinity Church charges $6 to look around, I found the area disappointing. IF you need to be in this area and the hotel fits your budget, then great. Next time though, I'll look for something closer in.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 11, 2010

The Copley Square Hotel has a great location in Boston's Back Bay. It is in close proximity to the Marriott and Westin and for me, that was critical as I was in Boston to attend a convention being held at both the Marriott and the Westin.

The hotel is within very easy walking distance to plenty of shopping along Boyston Avenue and Newbury Street. There are also tons of shops at the Prudential Center.

The rooms are small but that is to be expected in such a historic hotel and as I was rooming alone, I had plenty of room.

The area is thriving and there are lots of options for entertainment and the staff is quite happy to help.

I plan to stay here again when I return to Boston next year.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business