“Trendy well placed hotel”

Copley Square Hotel
Ranked #26 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 23, 2010

We stayed in family suite, which comprised of two double rooms beautifully decorated and shared one minute but fuctioning bathroom. The rooms were a good size and as we paid $249 a night for this 4 star boutique hotel, I thought this was particularly good value. The bar in the foyer was buzzy and served trendy mini tapas style foods.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed February 17, 2010

Came up to Boston for Valentine's weekend with my boyfriend, could not be more impressed with this hotel and i have traveled all over the world. This was by FAR the best boutique hotel I've ever stayed at. The staff was amazingly helpful and friendly, even gave us a map of local attractions upon check in. The hotel was SUPER clean with trendy decor. We stayed in the Premier King room, which had a nice big bathroom (it is on the corner so maybe this is why) and the bed was very comfortable. The room also included an iHome radio/alarm which to me is fabulous so you can plug your ipod right into it to charge or wake up to.

There is a great bar in the lobby that was packed on a Saturday night, as well as a lounge downstairs that included 2 different rooms, one was more hip hop and the other was pop/dance music. Hotel guests get in for free and drinks were reasonable. Having the 2 options for nightlife in one place made it very convenient especially if you didn't know the area well.

Location is excellent, Newbury street is 2 blocks away with blocks and blocks of stores and restaurants. I highly recommend one called Tapeo if you enjoy Spanish Tapas, very amazing and price point was low.

I will definitely be staying at this hotel again!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2010

The Doorman at the Copley is THE BEST....he's my brother, Kelly. This hotel is gorgeous, plush, impeccable, and the staff is wonderful. It's right in the heart of downtown Boston. Easy access to EVERYTHING!

Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed January 23, 2010

I want to point out the important parts of our trip because these were the things that sold me on this hotel and this location. Sorry it's a little long but a review is what sold me on this hotel.

**The T -- First and foremost take advantage of the T. No need for cabs in Boston when they have an amazing subway system and very clean and very safe. So if you've never been to a city with a subway have no fear. This was our first trip to Boston. We stayed 4 days and wish we had stayed a week. Get to know the T before you go so you know where to get off when you leave the airport. There is a bus that will take you from the airport to the T station, if you can't find it when you get off the plane, ask somebody, they will help you. We got off at Copley and when you get out of the station at the street level, cross the street, walk in front of the library, turn the corner up to Huntington Ave and the Copley Square Hotel will be right in front of you. Don't worry if you don't see the sign, it's on the other side.

**The Hotel -- The hotel was amazing. It is a very old hotel that has been completely remodeled and is very modern. I really liked the feel of it because it was a more intimate setting. They do have 2 elevators so if you get on the small one don't worry that's the original one which I thought was very cool, the larger one is right across from it. The hallways are long windy and narrow, which again I thought was very cool because this was original. The rooms were smaller than normal hotel rooms you might get at the Marriott but once again this is an older hotel that has been remodeled. Furthermore, there is so much to do in Boston that we didn't waste any time in the room except to sleep and shower. The bathrooms were very clean and modern. I read several reviews about this hotel before we went and every one of them mentioned the size of the room but who cares? If I wanted to stay in a big room I would stay at home. The hotel staff was nothing but polite and helpful. The turndown service was great. If you want to get out and do things ask the hotel staff downstairs and they will point you in the right direction. There is room service in the hotel but if you don't want to spend that kind of money there is a grocery store right next door that had everything in it and it is open 24 hours a day. There is also a Walgreens a block away. We couldn't have picked a better location because it is smack dab in the middle of everything. You can still go to Fenway, or to the Harbour, and you can walk just about anywhere as well. There is a bar/club downstairs that is quite the happening place at night and a lot of reviews mentioned it being loud and the street noise being loud, but honestly I didn't notice. We went in the bar once but it was very pricey. Wine and beer was much cheaper at any restaurant in the area.

**Sightseeing -- If you've never been to Boston and want to get a good tour take the Old Town Sightseeing Tour. (the orange and green trolley) When you walk out of the hotel go to your right and cross the street over to the Marriott Copley. There is a ticket booth in the lobby where you can buy the tickets to the trolley and they pick up every 10 mins at that location. The trolley takes you all over the city and tells you everything about it. The thing that I liked the most was you could get off at any one of the 15 stops and go off on your own and then come back to the stop and get back on. Another trolley shows up at every stop every 10 mins so no matter where you were you could back on any trolley throughout the day with your ticket. This was also a good way for us to get a ride over to Fenway when we went to the game that night.

**Fenway -- If you're a baseball fan, and even if you're not this is a must! I'm a huge Red Sox fan, and my husband is a huge Yankees fan, so it was pertinent that we go to a RedSox/Yankees game. And it was amazing. Fenway is the oldest park in the country and there is so much history there. Anybody who loves sports this is a sight to see.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2010

I have been trying to figure out how to write this review. The hotel was clean, the employees were pleasant, the turn down service was nice with a little paper review of weather for the next day. The room we were in was small on the top floor - but cozy. Bathroom was small but no big deal once you squeezed round the door.... There was just nothing exceptional about the stay, or staff, or room, everything was just fine. If i go back to Boston again I think I would like to try a different hotel - not because it was bad but because there was nothing memoriable about the stay to make me a loyal customer. Oh and at night there is noise, as a heavy sleeper I heard nothing but my husband mentioned a couple of things to me in the morning - so if you are a very light sleeper I suggest you go to a different part of town. Also if you are coming from the airport take the tube - you can get anywhere for $2 and its really easy to navigate around.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 21, 2010

The hotel is very confortable and has the best location. Rooms are not vey large but are ok for the purpose. The service is very good, and very convenient with free coffee in the mornig and a happy hour (free wine) on the afternoon. I shall stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 19, 2010

Booked a deal through Priceline for under $100 -- pleased with the deal we got. Great location for our needs, staff was attentive. We wanted a room with two beds and were offered one for $25 more a night. This seemed like a lot, and we hesitated -- clerk eventually offered it to us for $20. It was worth it for us, but we still felt nickled and dimed. Website states that they have coffee, tea, and hot chocolate 24 hours a day in the lobby -- this was not true at all. Coffee was out till 11am, and then I was offered to buy some in the restaurant. Disappointing for a heavy coffee drinker :)

Other than those quibbles, it was a great stay and the staff was excellent.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends