“Beautiful hotel in a great area”

Copley Square Hotel
Ranked #26 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I stayed at Copley Square Hotel for business because of a conference nearby. It was a nice hotel. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bedroom itself was very spacious. I loved the desk area and chaise lounge for unwinding after being on my feet all day. The only downside to the room I had was the size of the bathroom; it was very small. I didn’t have the opportunity to enjoy much of the hotels amenities outside of the free wifi and wine hosted by the manager the last evening. There was an unfortunate miscommunication with our transportation needs on the last morning for getting from the hotel to the airport. However, it was remedied after a short time by the concierge. Overall, it was a lovely stay in a great location and I would definitely go back again!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank TJK427
There are newer reviews for Copley Square Hotel

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for business. It is the second oldest hotel in Boston. Very quaint, has a boutique feel. They had a welcome reception with wine from 5-6pm that was nice. The restaurant owned by the hotel was not open for dinner, but we used it as an office to work as it was quiet. It did not open til 7am for breakfast, which we considered to be late.
The rooms were small, but very nice and clean. Small bathrooms, a colleague had a hard time with the door opening right to the shower door, it was that tight of a space.
The hotel workout room did not open til 6am and only had free weights and a treadmill.
It is very centrally located to lots of attractions and good restaurants. The front desk people served as a concierge and were very helpful. I booked on hotels.com because the price was right. It was a nice stay for a business trip. Would not recommend for an extended stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Wonderful, helpful, professional and friendly staff. Stayed here five nights on vacation in Boston and an additional night five nights later after a trip to Maine. In the less expensive rooms the bathrooms are small. On my final night I upgraded to a slightly more expensive room with a larger bathroom and a street view. All rooms feature modern decor and are extremely clean and efficient. And quiet. Free wireless is included, and cable TV with pay movies. A free bottle of water is included each day. Another great amenity is free morning coffee (unlimited - great for this coffee addict) and a free wine reception in the afternoon. Front desk directed me to a great Italian cafe for dinner on my last night, Papa Razzi. Easy walk to Green Line, just two blocks, and lots of buses at Copley Square. Easy walk to Newbury Street. Not super luxury like the Fairmont 2 blocks away but much less expensive too. Recommended for the visitor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the street and on a high floor for more natural light. In the least expensive...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Staff was incredibly welcoming and friendly, but in a very genuine way, not like hospitality robots. Made me feel like I was an invited guest and their only interest was me having a good time. Very clean rooms with up to date and working amenities. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We chose this hotel for its location and it was ideal being close to Newbury St, shopping malls and the subway. We stayed in Room 704 (king) and our adult sons in 221 (two double beds) and both rooms were quite spacious. No nightclub noise. The bathrooms however were tiny and despite the usual environmental info about re-using towels there were no rails to hang them on, only one hook behind the door so no option but to leave them in a pile on the floor every morning and have them replaced. Breakfast staff were a bit vague but nothing wrong with the food. We took advantage of the free wine at 5pm on a couple of evenings which was nice, although I think it's bad form not to offer some basic nibbles like nuts or crackers with alcohol. Only downside for me was that for a relatively expensive hotel it would have been nice to have a fridge and the ability to make a cup of tea/coffee in the room.

Room Tip: High floor probably a good option. We faced the street but no noise on level 7. Level 2 above the ni...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a special weekend in Boston. We were kindly greeted and helped with reservations by the wonderful staff. Our room was spacious and had a nice view of Huntington Ave. and Exeter St. Location of this hotel is perfect! We did not need our car (which the hotel valet parks for you for an additional charge) and were able to walk the Freedom Trail, to Newbury St, Copley Square, Prudential Center, etc!
My family and I enjoyed staying here very much and highly recommend it!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2014

My husband and I ended up staying here because all of our other favorite hotels were not available on the AMEX booking site and we wanted to use our points. We figured we would give it a try because it was the best rated of the hotels left on the list. We stayed here 3 nights. This is a decent smallish hotel in the best location. We like to walk and found it easy to get everywhere that we wanted to go without needing a cab or the use of the T. The room was a good size for Boston, not Mandarin sized but adequate for our needs. I would definitely stay here again if it were our best option.

Room Tip: lower floors have larger bathrooms (or so we were told by the front desk). there is not really a vie...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple