“Superb location, but very tired and tiny rooms”

Copley Square Hotel
Ranked #27 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 8, 2014

You can't beat the location--it's 5 star. Right near Prudential Mall, Newbury Street, Beacon Street, Bay Bay station...so much going on, so easy to get around. Room was so small that I just had space to get around the bed. Putting it another way, when I had a moment of healthy ambition, and wanted to do some pushups, forget about it...no room for that! The door to the bathroom was off its hinges, the tv didn't work for 3 nights of my visit, the elevator is a looooong wait, the car parking is a valet service that seems to never be there and take a 1/2 hour to get your car at $42/night--ridiculous. The front desk staff are extraordinarily nice. But, for $450/night after a big sale discount (down from over $700), this place is not a good value.

Room Tip: Perhaps don't settle for the first one you get...keep looking until satisfied.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank MrFordCT
Write a ReviewReviews (1,936)

Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

Great, convenient location
Close to restaurants
Cool vibe
Rooms are small
Shower head is odd and lacks force
Gym is bad, really bad
No wired internet, only low signal WiFi
Need a cab? Cross over to the Westin

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank John W
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Copley Square Hotel is in an awesome location. The proximity to both the Orange and Green T lines make this the best choice in getting around Boston. So many shops and dining options nearby make it convenient as well. Our stay was for four nights. The first night our room was located above the bar and dance club. After requesting a switch due to the noise, the staff moved our items to the new room and had provided a comparable room while we were out being tourists! The rooms are smaller than most other hotels but they have everything you need. The beds are comfortable and bedding and pillows were perfect. We ordered room service and it was timely and hot. We tried light appetizers from the hotel bar one night as our dinner and the food was delicious. The front desk staff are incredibly helpful and greeted us each time we were in the lobby. Evening turn down service is a nice touch as well. I would recommend this hotel and stay there again next time I am in Boston!

Room Tip: Second floor above the bar can be loud on weekends. Sixth floor was perfect!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2014

The location is convenient; however, their showers are terrible. The water pressure was so strong that it was painful and unusable. When I told reception at check out they were not willing to listen to the issue and said that the water pressure was great in their showers. I like strong water pressure, but this was ridiculous and their handling of the issue didn't help either. There was also a scratching noise coming from the vent in my bathroom all night, so they seem to have a bird or rodent problem as well. I will stay somewhere else in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
8  Thank pk89
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I had a wonderful stay at the Copley. I booked my reservation with airline but when I arrived at the hotel they did not have my reservation. However, after a few minutes the mgr,Kevin, upgraded my room. Excellent customer service!

Pros-extremely friendly staff. The absolute friendliest staff I have ever encountered. Wine tasting, hot choc, tea daily in lobby. Modern and beautiful decor. Perfect location to everything. Grocery directly beside hotel. Twice daily maid service.

Con-our room needed dusting but nothing major. The bed skirt had a few stains. The food I ordered from the restaurant, Minibar, was great quality but a bit cold.

Overall, this is the best value in Copley! I will definitely return. I love the staff!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Bennett C
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Great location. Check in was smooth and easy and I was given the corner King room once the hotel staff realized I had two ladies in my room and we would need more space getting dressed for a night out. I booked my room via hotel tonight and stayed for one night. The price was good for hotel tonight, but was almost double booking directly with the hotel. Not sure if I would've loved it as much for that price. The bed was so comfortable. My ipod deck didn't work and they came and replaced it immediately. My friend had a bit of a different experience where the valet almost had her car towed, but other than that the hotel experience and wine hour, was great!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kashay
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My husband and I stayed her for our 1st night away since having kids, which was in March 2011...so 3 years later! The staff was amazing and made our stay so warm and welcoming. They even had a complimentary wine tasting in the afternoon, which was a fun bonus. We really enjoyed this hotel, so centrally located, walking distance to all the great restaurants and shops. We can't wait to go about again! Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple