“Perfect Boutique Hotel in the Perfect Location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Copley Square Hotel
Ranked #26 of 83 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Carthage, Missouri
“Perfect Boutique Hotel in the Perfect Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

On a prior visit, we had some problems with our room. The General Manager, John Maibach, was incredibly considerate and thoughtful. He made sure that our next visit was perfect.
The Copley Square Hotel is a delightful boutique in the perfect location. We were able to walk almost everywhere.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. No request is too difficult.
I would definitely stay here when next in Boston.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

My family and I really enjoyed our stay. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and stylish, bed and pillows very comfortable. However, it's a little tight if you need to fit a roll-away bed in there- but it's doable. Sicilian orange soaps and hair products smelled divine. Complimentary wine from 5 to 6. Fantastic location made firework-viewing near the Esplanade a cinch- plus we were close to the Copley T-station when needed. We would definitely stay there again! Great value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tarpon Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

I just spent two nights at the Copley Park. The room was well appointed and the beds were extremely comfortable. The location is great and all major Boston attractions are within walking distance. What made this boutique hotel really special was the attention of the staff. I have to single out Aiden O'Kennedy with the unique title of intuition specialist. As this was explained to me, the goal was to anticipate the needs of the guest and respond to these needs immediately. What a great concept and Aiden was there whenever we needed anything from tickets to restaurant recommendations. Overall a great stay.

Room Tip: I liked the higher floor for a great view.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank estesq
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

Until I accidentally left my expensive dress in my room's closet (and called them within a few hours of checking out to let them know of my error and arrange pick-up) and the hotel claimed no knowledge of it, I was planning to give the Copley Square Hotel three stars, for being an unremarkable hotel. However, it has since made itself remarkable by losing my dress and has demoted itself to one star - I'm really quite furious about it, and it brings into doubt the honesty of the staff. I would certainly hesitate to stay here ever again due to security concerns about the belongings I leave in my room.

Prior to this incident, the hotel was fine. Great location, and a stylish lobby (with free coffee in the morning, juice in the afternoon, and wine in the early evening) only pave the way to disappointment at the rather small, dated rooms, which have a completely different style to the lobby. We were apparently 'upgraded' to a queen room, but our room was pretty small, and the bathroom was ridiculously small. For example, I'm not fat, but whenever I sat on the toilet, the toilet roll holder was so close it dug into my thigh. You couldn't really put anything on the wash basin.

But at the end of the day, you need to be able to trust hotel staff. I definitely left my dress in the closet, I alerted them within hours, and they claim they don't have it. I'd not advise staying here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ms_scotsgirl
Rome, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

A nice hotel for the value. The staff were very nice and helpful. I was very disappointed that there was not a coffeemaker in the room or snack/drink items you could purchase. The bathrooms are very small as well - hard to manuver in - bathroom door right in front of shower door and not very much sink counter space to put personal items on. Many of the channels on the TV were fuzzy and the reception was not good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed here for a week in late June/July. I have stayed here previously so knew pretty much what to expect. The lobby is fantastic, restaurant, open for breakfast and dinner, is great. Also a free wine reception at 5 p.m. Hotel is contemporary and nicely decorated as such. Bed is great. Staff is very, very nice. My main complaint is the size of the rooms, very, very small. This time I had a king bed and there was very little maneuver room for anything else. Also, smaller things bugged me this time. No coffee pots in room; I don't like to get dressed and down to the lobby for it. I am ready to meet people AFTER coffee. The traffic outside was also noisy. Then there was a complicated docking station for an iPod, radio, and alarm clock all in one handy little box. The trouble was the alarm started going off way too early for me and try as I might, I could not figure out how to turn it off for good, other than the "snooze" feature. Unplugging was not an option as it had a back-up battery secured with a screw, and I don't travel with a screwdriver. A few little maintenance issues like a broken sink stopper were repaired promptly. All in all I would not choose this hotel again as a top 10 choice, but would stay here before big-box brands like Marriott, etc. My favorite is still Hotel Commonwealth or the new Revere, Boston Common, another independent.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

This historic boutique style hotel was perfect for our weekend in Boston. This hotel delivered on everything....beautiful styling, comfortable rooms, great location, extremely friendly staff, free wifi, reasonable rates... the historic building was nicely updated, but still has a few creaks and oddities to retain that Boston charm. I am not a fan of the large rambling impersonal chain hotels or of the quaint b&b....so this was the perfect "in the middle" choice. Also the wine social in the early evening and coffee in the morning in the lobby were very nice bonuses. I will definitely be back to stay here!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple