Copley Square Hotel
$386
$356
Agoda.com
2,073 results
All reviewscopley squaregreat locationcomplimentary wineboutique hotelwine hourwine receptionqueen roomevery eveningrooms are smalltrinity churchshopping and restaurantsmini barboston public libraryhotel barnewbury stwould definitely stay here againtwo blocks
Reviewed April 13, 2012

My review will be from a skewed standpoint, because I was given a complimentary room upgrade (from Queen to King). We stayed for 2 nights. Overall, the staff and front desk was incredibly accommodating, helpful, patient, and polite. I had emailed them about being weary about the noise level at night and they booked a room for me on a higher floor. Because I addressed my concerns, I also received a complimentary room upgrade, which was AMAZING.

I honestly don't think our stay would have been as good if we were stuck with the Queen room that we booked. We took a look on the hotel "map" and saw that the Queen rooms were SO incredibly small, and we would've felt completely claustrophobic. So, we are incredibly grateful that we were upgraded to one of the larger rooms they offer.

The King room was absolutely beautiful. The room and bathroom were both spacious, clean, and beautifully decorated and lit. Not to mention, the bed is so comfortable... I wish I could have stayed an extra night! Unfortunately, there was no coffee maker or fridge, and the iHome didn't work when I tried plugging in my iPhone. Another downside is there is no 24 hour room service, which could be inconvenient when you're craving a late night snack.

Needless to say, we were very happy with our room, and the staff was fantastic.

However, avoid XHALE at all costs. We were tired from traveling, and decided to go downstairs to the restaurant out of convenience. Food was just ok, wait staff was below average, and food prices were a bit high for the quality.

Also, I don't know why the staff promotes the "free coffee and tea" in the mornings so much. It was like being in a cheap cafeteria. Coffee was terrible, no variety in tea, and when we got there, the hot water was empty and tea packets ran out, and no one was on staff to refill them.

Room Tip: Upgrade to King size room if you can.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
JMaibach, General Manager at Copley Square Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay, as well as completing our Guest Satisfaction Survey, which we received the other day. While I am pleased to read the great comments regarding our staff and your visit, I am disappointed that we were not able to meet your expectations in some areas. I have shared your experience, both the positive and the negative, with our entire team as not only does it give us an opportunity to celebrate our successes, but more importantly, improve on our short comings. Quite frankly, there is no excuse for apathetic service and for our complimentary lobby beverage program to run dry. We have obviously failed in our training in some areas and will work that much harder to correct our shortcomings. While we would have appreciated the opportunity to correct these issues while you were here, we do appreciate you sharing them so we have the chance to correct these deficiencies.

While I understand the disappointment in not providing in room coffee, without getting into too much of the specifics, the way the power is run to each room prohibits us from providing coffee makers or refrigerators so our best alternative is to offer the service in the lobby. And by no means should we every run out of tea or hot water or any part of our offering. There are people staffed in the lobby 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and we all take ownership of the entire lobby but, obviously, we failed to do so the morning of your visit, and for that I apologize!

Thank you again for posting a review of your stay and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

John Maibach

Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed at this boutque hotel from aprl 8-11 2012 in room 604.This was our 3rd visit to boston. Previously we stayed at the fairmount battery wharf and the fairmount copley.The front desk was efficent and they also upgraded me from a queen size bed to a king size bed. Room are modern, clean and the bed is super comfortable.One thing i should have mentioned to the front desk was the very loud sound of the pipes and we had trouble sleeping the first night with all the noise.Other than that, we'll be back and i would most definetly highly recommend this hotel! Excellent job! Praises to John Maibach

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I stayed for two nights in this hotel. Having lived in Boston for a year, I know the city quite well, and I chose this hotel because of its excellent location, in the best part of Boston. The hotel is just two blocks from Newbury Street, one block from the Prudential shopping area, about five blocks from the Public Garden. You have several T stations within walking distance, if you want to go to other parts of the city. The hotel is also relatively close from Fenway Park, if you want to watch the best baseball team while you are here.
I would also like to praise the outstanding service offered of the hotel. All employees are very friendly. For instance, I sent to myself several packages from Amazon.com and the hotel gave them to me when I arrived.
The rooms are not very big but are very comfortable nonetheless.
I encountered just one problem with this hotel, the construction in front of the hotel. If you are planning to rest during the afternoon, forget it. It was too noisy.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We stayed for a few nights recently for our third trip to Boston with our two kids (6 & 10yrs)
Great location within walking distance of most things including the Barking Crab restaurant which the kids love especially when you can eat in the marquee! The staff are really helpful-and helped us recover the ruck sack of our youngest who left it in the taxi which dropped us off on arrival. Rooms clean and spacious-complimentry coffee (am) and hot chocolate (pm) and also wine for and hour early evenings-no such luck with the kids!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I spent four days at the Copley Square Hotel last week and it more than exceeded my expectations.
Let me start by saying that I have always had apprehensions about staying in boutique hotels on my vacations. I usually try and stay at the big names, e.g. Hyatt, Hilton, Sheraton, but because I booked my room on Priceline, I didn't have that option. After receiving my confirmation for the Copley Square I looked up the reviews on tripadvisor.com and felt a little better about my stay. The hotel had some renovations not too long ago and it shows.
Parking: Downtown in a major metropolitan area equals a good chance you're valeting.
Lobby: Very modern lobby with coffee in the a.m., and wine in the evening.
Rooms: Queen rooms are on smaller side, while the Kings and double are pretty nice. Would definitely recommend upgrading to a larger room if you book the queen. I did and it was well worth it.
Location: Great location for tourists and anyone there on business. Right next to a luxury mall with a nice food court. Less that 50 yards from a supermarket if you need to pick up some stuff.

I need to give a shout out to Ryan A. and the young lady that checked us in Wednesday night. They were both very helpful and helped to make our stay as enjoyable as it was.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family