“Location Location Location”

Boston Marriott Long Wharf
Ranked #37 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 4, 2014

After living in Boston for 25 years, I recently visited as a tourist. The Long Wharf Marriott is perfectly situated to walk to Quicncy Market, Faneuil Hall, take in a boat tour, and dine in the North End. The rooms have beautiful harbor views, are clean, and have all the amenities. Disadvantages: Parking is $48.00 daily, and wi-fi is additional.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rich97
Matthew M, Manager at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2014

Dear Rich97 – I appreciate the review, thank you for taking the time. It’s great being a tourist in your own city once in a while. I’m glad you took the opportunity. Hope to see you back with us soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,178)

Reviewed September 3, 2014

We stayed in the Long Wharf Marriott last spring- April 2013. I wanted to show my kids around my old college town and had always admired the hotel from the outside when I lived there. The Long Wharf did not disappoint. From its location -right next to the New England Aquarium, across from Faneuil Hall, and steps away from the North End, its a perfect family hotel. We even had the treat of staying on the Concierge floor, which my kids loved. They also have a nice indoor pool which is great. With Faneuil Hall across the street, you have tons of places to eat and shop, plus the Old Town Trolley stops right at the hotel to take you on a fantastic tour of Boston (I loved it, because I got to see places like the Constitution and Boston Tea Party Museum that I never even went to when I lived there). Plus, the T (the Boston version of the subway) is right below you to take you wherever you want to go in the city. You are right on the bay, so you have a beautiful morning view as well. You may pay more for this hotel than others, but you more than get your monies worth.

Room Tip: Try and get on the concierge floor- it was amazing. Having treats all day long and the amazing view...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Elaine K – Thanks for the great review. It looks like you packed in a lot during your stay. Thanks for reminding the Trip Advisor community that we could have the best location in downtown Boston. See you back soon I hope.

Reviewed September 3, 2014 via mobile

We love this hotel! The staff is always friendly, accommodating and knowledgeable. They have suggested particular tours that have been spot on. The hotel itself is clean, modern, rooms are nice size with great views. Located 5 minutes from the north side and fanuiel hall plus the beautiful harbor walk makes this the perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear MartyGraceAmbrosio – Thank you for the 5 star review on Trip Advisor. I certainly appreciate it. Next time you come back to Boston, try a pedi-cab tour of the North End. It is a guided tour of Boston’s oldest neighborhood in a bicycle rickshaw. It’s pretty unique experience that the Concierge can help arrange.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

This is a great Marriott Hotel located in an awesome part of Boston. Very convenient and easy access to the financial district, Faneuil Hall, the North End, and of course the Wharfs. The hotel was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The service was great from both the front desk staff and the waiters and servers at the restaurant. The Marriott Premier Elite breakfast for gold and platinum members was delicious and the staff was good at keeping the lounge clean and stocked. The view from the executive lounge is great. The gym was nice for a hotel gym. The door guys were helpful with places to eat, places to see, and getting transportation arranged. Great view from outdoor deck. Indoor pool was pretty nice. I stayed here for about 11 days in May and June of 2014.

Overall, I would say that the stay was excellent. The price can get expensive sometimes, so book early as the price can sky-rocket if the hotel fills up, which it tends to do when there are conventions in town.

Room Tip: The north side overlooks a park. The south side overlooks the main part of the harbor. Both are grea...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JB201428
Matthew M, Manager at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

Dear JB201428 – Thanks for the perfect review. I am glad we met your high expectations. As a Marriott Rewards member, I wanted to thank you for your continued patronage of our brand. Although I like all views from our Hotel, I have so say the view overlooking Columbus Park and the inner harbor is my personal favorite. I hope you return to visit soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

Stayed the end of August , staff were excellent , hotel very clean , location is fantastic on the waterfront and close to Quincy Market and Faneuil Hall.
Just a little complicated to get to by car , as one way streets make it a little tricky , but do your
homework and you'll be o.k.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear 07118LYChris_L – thanks for the great 5-star review and reinforcing the fact we are in the middle of it all in Boston. I really appreciate you taking the time to post your 1st review with us. Hope to see you back in Boston soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

I have been dying to stay at this hotel ever since I went to college in Boston. Its the best location especially now that I have a little boy! Its in walking distance to everything: Fanuil Hall, New England Aquarium, Boston Common, The Freedom trail, The North End (Mike's pastry has awesome cannoli's). Its a bit pricey but its well worth it. We enjoyed the pool, the Starbuck's in the lobby, the mini-fridge and coffee maker in the room. And it was clean!!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Dear StaceyG608 – I appreciate the 5-star review, it really means a lot. To me cleanliness is everything, if we can’t provide a clean room we have failed. I am glad you noticed all the hard work our Housekeeping team puts in to our product – thank you. I am glad the trip was worth the wait, I’m happy you kept us in mind after all these years. Bova’s, a bakery on Salem Street is also excellent, but a little lesser known because of the out of the way location. Please don’t be a stranger.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

Family trip to Boston the Long Warf is the perfect location. Right by the Aquarium and Quincy market and close to little Italy. They made an error with our beds in the room and made it right with free breakfast and the right type rooms. Will stay again.

Room Tip: You'll see the warfs unless on the end off the hotel but nice
  • Stayed: September 2014, traveled with family

Dear Billsfun7 – Thank you for staying with us and posting a great review. Please accept my apology for the confusion at check in with bed types. I am glad we were able to recover so quickly so you could enjoy the weekend. Hope to see you back soon.