“Beautiful hotel”

Boston Marriott Long Wharf
Ranked #37 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 19, 2014

I have stayed in Boston many times, this hotel was clean and modern. We loved the location and the staff. Everyone was very helpful and kind. Breakfast was amazing. With two young children, it can be hard to make them happy but the buffet had everything they could want. The location is wonderful. We spent the day at the aquarium and Quincy Market. I would stay here again. I have also stayed at the Boston Harbor Hotel and think for the price this is a much better option.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Victor A, General Manager at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Sounds like you and the family had a great time in Boston. I am happy that you and your children enjoyed the breakfast buffet as well as the other amenities of the hotel. We look forward to seeing you once again in the future.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We've previously stayed at the Copley Square Marriott and were delighted to find the large rooms, and how well situated this is to lots of great locations! Staff were friendly and helpful, The hotel is an easy walking distance from Fanueil Hall, next door to the Aquarium, and the TD Garden. Legal Seafoods is across the street.

We had a glorious harbour view, and my friends were equally pleased with their city view. The only problem...we were on the 3rd floor right off the atrium, overlooking it in fact. Noise carries, and Saturday and Sunday night parties prevented us from much sleep. (Things quieted down at about 2:30 am Saturday, about 1:00 am Sunday.) Staff were sympathetic but ineffective at addressing the problem, and I am not sure what they could do, they did discount the room.

I would definitely return, but only in a room that was well away from the atrium. The other two couples we were with were much further down the hall, but had no noise issues.

Room Tip: Ask for a Harbour view room, away from the Atrium. Sadly, sound travels. Our third floor room was...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bookslut
Victor A, General Manager at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate your feedback regarding the location of your room. The way our hotel is situated, all rooms (except for a select few)have a view of the harbor, glad you enjoyed.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

If you want a good chain hotel, then try the Marriot at Long Wharf Boston. Ideally situated for Ferrys and city tour buses. This is a modern hotel, with valet parking.
Rooms were well appointed and staff very friendly. Breakfast was a buffet with a chef doing omelettes of your choice.
Cheaper at weekends
Graham S
Malvern UK

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for the review. You are correct, the ferry boats,harbor tours and city tours are directly outside our front door. Very convenient! Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

The Marriott is in the heart of the major action in Boston for tourist with good Marriott service. 5 minute walk to Quincy Market, North end, and the history trail. The Harbor cruises, whale watch, and other boats are right outside, Tour trolley stop. Numerous places to eat at all hours and all levels are within a easy short walk. Hotel Bar- Restaurant is good food with local twist of lobster rolls, chowders etc. that are decent. The majority of rooms have good views of the city or water or both. The staff are all top from this Marriott and out perform the Copley by far. Door Man Jim is what you expect from a top Door man, ask and it happens and his suggestions are spot on. Room service was right on time, no fumbles. Good sized gym with plenty of equipment with no waits for tread mills. indoor pool for soak but not for laps. The only issue was the inside of the hotel is open. I stayed on the 5th floor with water views and voices, hoots and howls from the lobby area bar were loud in my room as the Celtics calked up a loss on the bar TV. Two big pillows against the door helped.

Room Tip: Waterviews on higher floors are worth it if you want to watch the harbor. City view room are just as...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark R

Thank you for you very detailed review of our hotel. Jim at the door is fantastic and always offers the best suggestions for everyone visiting the city. I will be sure to share this review with him. We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

My boyfriend and I were looking for a weekend away before he deploys at the end of the month and we wanted to avoid airlines and paying for an airline ticket. Our solution was Boston. Even though it wasn't the sunny getaway we were hoping for it was still an amazing couple of nights away. This hotel is in a great location. Right on the water, near the aquarium, and other restaurants, Quincy Market, and shops. I'd like to return when the weather is warmer. There were a lot of bars and restaurants that are seasonly in this area that I'd like to try. This hotel is also right near the water taxi that goes to and from Logan, which is convenient if you're flying in.

The service was great including the hotel front desk, housekeeping, and valet. The hotel was clean and the rooms also spotless. The rooms are a little smaller then what I'm used to for a typical Marriott, but it didn't take away from my experience. As a Marriott Gold Member, I stay my fair share of hotels and I thought this hotel was very nice.

The gym is also unusually and shockingly big for a hotel gym! Even though I didn't use it over vacation it's something I value while I've traveling for work, so this is something I'll keep in mind for when I travel to Boston. The pool, with a nice view of the harbor, is also very nice. We used it twice including the hot tub.
Overall a great stay as I expected and a hotel I would definitely want to stay in again. Thanks Marriott!

Room Tip: Try to get a view of the harbor!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julia P

Thank you for choosing the Boston Marriott Long Wharf for your special get-a-way before your boyfriend is deployed. I am pleased to see that you had an enjoyable experience. I hope we will see you once again after his deployment and you can celebrate his safe return.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights in early December for a conference. Check in was seamless, and I appreciated the fact that I was not treated like a second class citizen for staying at a government rate (this really does happen at some places!). We had a room on the fifth floor that overlooked the water and Columbus park. While it is clearly a conference hotel, the size is actually very manageable, there was never a long wait for the elevator, and the staff always made a point to be friendly.
The location is fabulous! It is a VERY easy walk to the North End and all the wonderful food there, there is a T stop right at the hotel, and a water taxi stop right at the hotel. We were easily able to walk or take public transportation everywhere we wanted to go.
As for amenities: We did not use the gym or any of the hotel restaurants (no need to eat at the hotel when such awesome food is so close by!). In room wifi was fast enough, there was usually a wait to use the lobby computers, but not a long one. As an aside, the conference center was very nice also.
Housekeeping missed us one day (which was a little disappointing as we were out of the room :from 7:30-5 that day), but overall the room was clean and the housekeeping staff did a great job. I left my Kindle in the room when we checked out, and the hotel found it and shipped it to my home, which was VERY appreciated.
Based on the super location and the great service I would not hesitate to stay here the next time we are in Boston!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of our hotel, I appreciate the kind comments regarding our service, amenities and location. We hope you will have the oportunty to return in the near future.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I remember staying here a while ago, and it not being as nice. Clearly the must of renovated. I was very impressed with the gorgeous lobby, bar, concierge level and rooms. The people were all friendly and nice.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

YES! We completed an extensive renovation of our pubic areas, restaurant, bar and fitness center. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the improvements and look forward to your return.