“Great Location, Close to Eveything!”

Boston Marriott Long Wharf
Ranked #37 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Decided to stay at this hotel after doing some research and from a referral from a good friend and we were glad we stayed here. This hotel is close to everything! We were busy everyday, enjoying all the sites, shops, resturants, and bars. The hotel itself has a few bars that were always packed full of people having a good time. This hotel has a great gym which we were able to take advantage of. In regards to our room, it was very spacious with great views. Quincy Market is right across the street which is a big plus!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Victor A, General Manager at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Sounds like you had an enjoyable experience! Glad to see your friend gave you good avice as to where to stay. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Waterfront, very close to historical sites, shopping, water activities, and eateries. Clean and comfortable. No issues with noise as mentioned in prior reviews. Be prepared to pay fifty bucks for parking, each night.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 414, nice view, close to the gym and pool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Victor A, General Manager at Boston Marriott Long Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thank you for your complimentary review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable experience. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was there this past weekend for a wedding. From the get go, I was disappointed with the service at the hotel. I felt very sorry for the bride as the consultant for her wedding was quite rude to both her and the entire wedding party.

Then I asked the concierge to recommend a place for a mani/pedi. The place that was recommended was sup-par (they didn't sterilize equipment between uses and I had to re polish my nails on my own after because of the poor coverage) I understand trying to spread the business around to all the local services, but they should know which are quality providers if they are recommending them.

I also needed access to the wi-fi while I was there and am a member of their rewards program which usually provides free access. When I asked about this I was told that their location had opted out of that service and I would need to pay.

I chose to stay here to be closer to the wedding and my family during my stay. It was a lot of money considering I could have stayed at a cheaper hotel, with more amenities (free breakfast, free wi-fi, nicer people) that had equal accommodations. My room was nothing spectacular. During the same weekend I had the chance to stay at another Marriott in another city and the stay was spectacular compared to this location. I would not stay here again.

2  Thank Razzbelly

Thank you for your candid comments regarding your recent experience. I will review the list of vendors we use for such services as ped/manicures and ensure they meet our high standards. I apologize if we let you down during your stay. We will use your feedback to imporve such services in the future.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Very courteous staff, great service and accomidating. I revisit this hotel every year when I travel to Boston. The Salem Ferry drops you at the door and it leads to my favorite places, Fanuel Hall, Quincy Market, The North End and It is steps from the train. It was recently remodeled and is up to date with all the latest technologies.
I highly recomend this hotel mostly for its location but it also has very clean rooms, comfortable beds and quiet. Only 2 things that I didnt care for, the ice machine wasnt on the same floor, and you cant lower the AC below 60' which normally you probably dont have to but it was 100' outside and the room didnt get cold enough. I don't think that shouldnt happen too often.

Room Tip: as long as it is on a higher floor, you will get a good view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank MrsBeasly22
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Took a several day trip to Boston, and stayed at the Marriott Long Wharf. What a great hotel. A little on the pricey-side, but so worth the money. The rooms were immaculate, and service was top notch. We stayed here last year as well, because is it centrally located to most of the attractions in the area--Whale Watching, trolley tours, Faniel Hall, and especially the fabulous North End (Little Italy). The staff was so attentive and helpful. Shout-out to Mark, at the Concierge desk---thanks for your help. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the beautiful Christopher Columbus Park---so great for "people & d...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aks0813

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. I am thrilled to hear that we were part of your exciting Boston experience.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed here for just one night mid July 2013. I really liked the location. It is right on Long Wharf. That means you are right next to many of the attractions Boston has to offer. You can take whale watching cruises, tall ship cruises, famous Duck cruises, etc. right as you exit the hotel. Most of the other attractions are within walking distance as well. There are plenty of great dining options around the hotel. We had a room with double queens. The room and the bathroom were very clean. The service was great. The rate for a Sunday stay was about $330, which is a lot, but considering how costly hotels are in Boston, and due to its great location, I think it was a good value. I would recommend this place to my friends and family.

1  Thank Krowka

What a wonderful review, thank you for taking the time to complete. I appreciate the great photos as well. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We decided to go to Boston for a quick 2 night get-away. We wanted to use some of our Marriott Points and this hotel was available and the reviews from trip advisor seemed pretty favorable.

The hotel is located in a convenient location right by the water, walking distance to Faneuil Hall and the "Little Italy" of Boston, which I believe is called the North End. The room was clean and nicely appointed. Also liked that there is a bike share stand right outside the hotel, which was a great way to see Boston; but - this is where it all ends....

Not impressed as we entered. One has to go up an escalator to get to the actual hotel. It feels like a convention center. The lobby was on the 2nd floor. We were given a room on the 2nd floor and told that it was a great room with views of the park which was quieter than the aquarium side. When we got to the room, it was situated right above a restaurant (think it was called Tia's) and we could hear loud guitar music. We could also hear all the street noise, coming from the arts/craft market that is there on Saturdays in the promenade/park area adjacent to the hotel. Only way we could have stood the room was to wear ear plugs!

We asked to be switched and the only room that was available was on the top floor (6th or 7th) and had two double beds. We weren't happy to have to give up a king bed, but boy, were we happy we moved. The top floor was MUCH quieter. Could still hear the music but it was just in the background, also, it had a nice view of the harbor and the park side. The room was appointed the same as the previous one.

The staff was not very helpful. We went to the concierge during the middle of the day and it was closed and the staff at the front desk had no interest in helping.

When we booked our stay, we were supposed to get breakfast each morning; but were told when we arrived, that no breakfast is served either Saturday or Sunday; only Mon-Fri. We did have the continental breakfast on Monday, right before we left. It was pretty much like the airport business lounge type breakfasts - adequate, but not anything special. Some fruit, hot and cold cereals, muffins and bagels, scrambled eggs....

All in all, we can't complain since we stayed using Marriott Points, but would have been SO disappointed if we had actually been paying for the room, that we most likely would have switched to another hotel.

Hope this helps others - personally, I would not stay here again; but if for reason had to - ask for a top floor!

Room Tip: Choose a top floor for sure!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GVL

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. Sound like we missed the mark with meeting your expectations with room location and specific amenities offered. I apologize for letting you down and would invite you to contact me at the hotel to discuss further and see if we can finds ways to improve a stay for you in the future.